Malaysia
Netherlands
Belgium
Portugal
Czech Republic
Antigua
Hungary
Fiji

I have visited several of these places while on a cruise. I put 🚢 next to those ones.

We got some good news yesterday about my aunt. She is not alert and they are giving her blood transfusions. I don't know full details yet though. We do know that she does not have brain cancer. They are only giving her a few weeks to a few months. So still not good but she is alert and my parents were able to talk to her yesterday and she has been calling my parents about every 30 minutes.

I did eat bad yesterday but I did walk for 90 some minutes. So I wasn't just laying around feeling sorry for myself. We will see how much I do today though. Last night was really bad. I have been eating a ton of acidy foods. We made home made salsa plus I had a salad 4 days this week with Italian dressing. It has finally caught up to me. I need to watch what I eat and avoid these foods for awhile and take some acid reducing meds for a few days.

I woke up with thrush again this morning. Well that was the final straw for me. I just burst into tears. All of those awful side effects, which aren't entirely gone yet, and the 2nd medicine didn't work. I can't tell you how frustrated I am. I just want to put all of this behind me. It doesn't help when my DH says not to overreact even though he understands why I'm frustrated. If I don't cry and release these feelings, the only other choice is to get very angry and self-soothe with food. So, I think he needs to get over it and accept my tears.

By the grace of God, my dentist's office is open today. I can't believe it. I was thinking that I wouldn't be able to get help until Monday. So I called the office, explained my very long story, and asked them to prescribe 750 mg. of Diflucan. This is the strongest medicine. Of course, CVS doesn't have that dosage, and never heard of it. That's rich, because I took it years ago when I had pneumonia. Anyway, I have to wait an hour to get the dentist to prescribe the 150 mg. for two weeks. Hopefully CVS will have this dosage and I will have enough doses in my body to get the thrush under control before my oral surgery on Wednesday. Right now is a waiting game.

View attachment 508407

Let's get to know one another better. Put an ✈ next to the places you have slept. The average is 8 for Americans. How do you match up?
Part 1:

Alaska
California✈
Connecticut✈
Delaware
Florida✈
Georgia

Hawaii
Maine✈
Maryland
Massachusetts✈
Michigan
Nevada
New Jersey
North Carolina✈
Ohio
Pennsylvania✈
South Carolina✈
Tennessee✈
Texas
Virginia✈
Washington
View attachment 508412

Part 2:

London✈
Germany
Ireland

Italy

I sleep A. LOT.

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
California✈
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida✈
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine✈
Maryland
Massachusetts✈
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire✈
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York✈
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania✈
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee✈
Texas
Utah
Vermont✈
Virginia✈
Washington
Washington D.C.✈
West Virginia✈
Wisconsin
Wyoming
Puerto Rico

Cuba
Dominican Republic
Netherlands
Bahamas
Honduras
Belize
Cayman Islands
St. Thomas
St. Martin
Mexico
Italy
Dubai
Egypt
Russia
Maldives
Turks and Caicos
Montenegro
Monte carlo
Turkey
Iceland
Trinidad and Tobago
Norway
Canada
London
Barbados
Costa Rica
Germany
Switzerland
Bermuda
Korea
Japan
China
Afghanistan
South Africa
Zimbabwe
Botswana
Morocco
Mauritania
Libya
Iran
Thailand
India
Australia
Israel
Sierra Leone
Senegal
Sweden
Ireland... may have taken a nap at the airport while I was making a flight connection
Singapore
Indonesia
Malaysia
Netherlands
Belgium
Portugal
Czech Republic
Antigua
Hungary
Fiji

My criteria for having been to a state is boots-on-the-ground, so there are some that I've been to but not slept in. And I haven't traveled internationally nearly enough: Canada many times because let's face it, I practically live in Canada, and a trip to England and one to Italy. Sweden is next on my list, and probably some of the other Nordic countries as well.

Today has been a good day. I decided to do my country drive early because there was rain forecast later in the day. Then I decided to stop in at my favorite country nursery, which is on the route, and gave myself permission to spend $20. I ended up with just pickling spices and gourmet teriyaki sauce from the kitchen shop, which is technically consumable food, but I'll count it as a splurge... I had a credit in my frequent shopper account and only ended up spending $4.

I've decided I need to track high blood sugar days against sore feet days and see if there is a connection. Last week wasn't a good foot week, and I'm wondering if there's a connection to all the Starbucks I had had over the holiday weekend. I only remembered to do my blood sugar Monday, and Monday was a bad day to the feet. It was high this morning and feet are tender today, so I'm fighting the urge to have sugar, which makes me kind of sad, but it needs to be done.

Last edited:
I woke up with thrush again this morning. Well that was the final straw for me. I just burst into tears. All of those awful side effects, which aren't entirely gone yet, and the 2nd medicine didn't work. I can't tell you how frustrated I am. I just want to put all of this behind me. It doesn't help when my DH says not to overreact even though he understands why I'm frustrated. If I don't cry and release these feelings, the only other choice is to get very angry and self-soothe with food. So, I think he needs to get over it and accept my tears.

By the grace of God, my dentist's office is open today. I can't believe it. I was thinking that I wouldn't be able to get help until Monday. So I called the office, explained my very long story, and asked them to prescribe 750 mg. of Diflucan. This is the strongest medicine. Of course, CVS doesn't have that dosage, and never heard of it. That's rich, because I took it years ago when I had pneumonia. Anyway, I have to wait an hour to get the dentist to prescribe the 150 mg. for two weeks. Hopefully CVS will have this dosage and I will have enough doses in my body to get the thrush under control before my oral surgery on Wednesday. Right now is a waiting game.
Crying is a healthy reaction to the situation, not overacting... give yourself permission to cry as much as you need to.

So, I think he needs to get over it and accept my tears.

Isn't amazing how some men really can't deal with crying - maybe he then feels like he needs to fix it but he can't :(
You are right a few tears are way better than emotional eating! I read ones that tears have a chemical in them that is kind of like a 'high' that is why we can often feel better after a 'good cry'.

@Oneanne I was waiting to see how many US states you had been to - that is impressive!

Thank you everyone for your support and sharing your generic medicine stories - it helps to know that I am not :crazy: as the pharmacist's like to tell us that there is no difference and I should not feel any different - but looks like we all know better :)

At weight in this morning - interestingly while my weight is fluctuating I still seem to have lost centimetres! That's if I am putting the tape measure in the same spot week to week - that is hard sometimes :rotfl: The diabetes nurse also said last week that it could be muscle starting to build - I was surprised it would be happening quite quickly and mostly from walking - but she seemed to think it could be. So I guess the tape measure proves her theory :)

Self-Care Sunday - hmmmm - I will likely do a gentle walk this afternoon - just for movement I'm not focused on pace today. I just did my meal plan for the week and will need to shop. Not Sunday - but I finished the first season of Brothers and Sisters yesterday (only took me a few days hehe) only trouble is the channel streaming it only has the first season up at the moment - so I am impatiently waiting for them to add seasons :hyper:

Funny story - we had a kitty sleep over last night - I think I told you my neighbours are currently in quarantine after returning from NZ - their sister has been coming and going to feed the cat - she told me at night she thinks he is starting to avoid her as he knows he will be in the for the night - sometimes she sleeps there and sometimes he is along till morning (when she is there - her dog comes and her child etc.). Late yesterday afternoon - DD and I were watching TV and heard he arrive and go through the front door - at the same time - the cat leaped over the fence and sat on our patio - he kept glancing back towards his house - and it was just so obvious that he was hiding :rotfl:When I heard her calling for him - I let her know he was here - and he was still avoiding leaving - we got to chatting and decided he could have a sleep over with us last night and to give her and her family a night off - it can be draining running to and from to look after animals. He was so funny - it was like he knew he had a win and ran straight upstairs for a nap on DD's bed.

Self care today is going to be focussing on the little things. First off, I slept in and let my body decide when to get out of bed.

I am going to go to the Farmer's Market for the first time today, as local berries are peek right now and I want to get a mini flat. It is overcast, misty and cold this morning, so I'm planning on being there at opening hoping that others get a slow start so it isn't over crowded.

My blood sugar number was good this morning, so we'll see if the feet start feeling better. And I was down a pound on the scale this morning... both rewards for a good food day yesterday.

The past couple years I've been paying off my credit cards, the last one that's been carrying a balance is my Nordstrom card. I've gotten it down quite a bit and was feeling good about it, until the last time I paid my bill when I realized I'd only charged $150 during the month but paid $50 in interest, so I'm going to go ahead and pay it off... the money certainly isn't earning that kind of interest sitting in the bank. This will be the first time that I've been debt free - ever! Pretty much the ultimate self-care!

My self-care today has mostly been watching TV. It's just too hot to enjoy being outside.
I got a lot done this morning, and planned on spending a relaxing afternoon in the back yard swimming in the pool. About 10 minutes before I went outside, the guy next door started mowing his lawn. Then our neighbor in the back as well. :headache: I'm severely allergic to cut grass, so that was the end of my plans. I ended up doing some more deep cleaning, and when I went upstairs for a shower, the entire upstairs smelled like cut grass because DH left the bathroom window and door open. All of the rooms smell except for my bedroom and DD's bedroom because thankfully, the doors were closed. So, no shower for me until much later today. DH has joined the rest of the neighborhood and is mowing the lawn too since I'm stuck inside for the rest of the day.

It looks like my self-care is going to be watching TV as well.

I got a lot done this morning, and planned on spending a relaxing afternoon in the back yard swimming in the pool. About 10 minutes before I went outside, the guy next door started mowing his lawn. Then our neighbor in the back as well. :headache: I'm severely allergic to cut grass, so that was the end of my plans. I ended up doing some more deep cleaning, and when I went upstairs for a shower, the entire upstairs smelled like cut grass because DH left the bathroom window and door open. All of the rooms smell except for my bedroom and DD's bedroom because thankfully, the doors were closed. So, no shower for me until much later today. DH has joined the rest of the neighborhood and is mowing the lawn too since I'm stuck inside for the rest of the day.

It looks like my self-care is going to be watching TV as well.

:hug:

Today we leave for a few nights of camping (in a cabin, I don’t do tents anymore...it always rained when I went in a tent in the past). I did go for a bike ride in this morning and am taking my bike along. I’m looking forward to a little secluded family time in the woods. While there were times of seclusion here at home, it’s scares me how so many people are No longer social distancing or wearing masks since going to the green phase...even though it is mandated in our state. So it will be nice to get away from that for a little....hopefully ;)

Today we leave for a few nights of camping (in a cabin, I don’t do tents anymore...it always rained when I went in a tent in the past). I did go for a bike ride in this morning and am taking my bike along. I’m looking forward to a little secluded family time in the woods. While there were times of seclusion here at home, it’s scares me how so many people are No longer social distancing or wearing masks since going to the green phase...even though it is mandated in our state. So it will be nice to get away from that for a little....hopefully ;)
I hope that you find the escape you are looking for.

Okay, I looked up Thrush and if I had this I would be beside myself! My goodness! :hug:

Weather looks beautiful the next few days-enjoy your trip!

Here we are, halfway through July already.

Hope everyone is feeling motivated and taking care of themselves.

What are going to do this week that will help you stay focused on the goals you set for yourself at the beginning of the month?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter