Jumping into July 2019 Exercise Challenge

Today we went to the Baseball Hall of Fame. It was really neat, and it happened to be Red Sox World Series trophy weekend, so we fit right in!

We spent a little over 4 hours there, so like I do with theme parks, I'll count 1/3 as walking minutes.

+80
190/500

I am back to work after having last week off. We didn't do anything other then hang out at the house. The beginning of the week I was still getting up to walk but the 4th came around and I decided it was better to sleep in then get up when it was still cool outside. So the end of the week I did less activity.

July 1 -- 71
July 2 -- 35
July 3 -- 108
July 4 -- 0
July 5 -- 12
July 6 -- 35
July 7 -- 68

Total -- 329/1395

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

Congrats @piglet1979 for reaching 10%.

A few people are close to changing their percent. As a team we are less than 4 % away from 25%

Took my DS6 to a Marathon Kids 1 mile fun run this morning, but we were the only family to show up besides the trainers. He had fun despite not wanting to run at first, and was racing the trainers up some steep hills. I had to bribe him with the promise of donuts and when we were done he said "So where's my donut?" :rotfl2:

Then I got another 3 miles in from 11am-11:50am in the lovely central Texas heat and humidity. I *may* have induced some light heat exhaustion....

20 min for the fun run, 50 for the 3 miles
390/1400

30 minute walk, and we're going to see Hamilton tonight (yay!), so maybe I'll get a little more walking in downtown.

470/1860

@GrandAdmiralStrife , I admire your determination to keep running despite the heat. We're under a heat advisory here, and I imagine TX is even worse. Do be careful, though! Kudos to your son for sticking it out today even though no one else showed up. :thumbsup2

minute walk, and we're going to see Hamilton tonight (yay!), so maybe I'll get a little more walking in downtown.
Were you in NYC?? I was at Hamilton tonight, too!!!!! We gave our daughter tickets for her birthday and she took me! It was great!
The city was hot! I walked a good bit, up from the train station, then a few blocks around the theater. And back to the train. I’ll put 60 minutes in for today. (155/1000)

Last edited:
30 minutes - a little bit of walking and some yard work - 109 heat index earlier but now it's pouring so it only feels like 97 for now

500/1860

Were you in NYC?? I was at Hamilton tonight, too!!!!! We gave our daughter tickets for her birthday and she took me! It was great!
The city was hot! I walked a good bit, up from the train station, then a few blocks around the theater. And back to the train. I’ll put 60 minutes in for today. (155/1000)

No, we're not in NYC, but that would have been fun! Instead, we saw the touring company. Last night was opening night, and it was absolutely wonderful. Everything about the production was just brilliant. I think this is tied for first place in my ongoing list of favorite musicals. Season ticket holders had a brief window of opportunity to purchase discounted additional tickets above and beyond our subscription, and I am now kicking myself for not doing so. I want so very much to see it again before it leaves, but I doubt that will happen. I agree with you - the show is GREAT! I'm so glad we saw it. One day maybe we can see it on Broadway. How funny that we both saw it on the same night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts