Jumping Joyfully into June's WISH Journey

So besides the emotional turmoil, this also meant that all her workload was immediately dumped on me and since she might not return at all (she is going to take at least the 12 months maternity leave every one in Germany can claim - actually it’s 14 months for both parents that can be split however you want, but one parent can’t take more than 12 months), I can’t just do the most important stuff and leave the rest for when she returns as I would usually do when she is on vacation. It’s going to be a stressful couple of months until they figure something out about replacing her.

Send positive thoughts for your friend. That is an awesome policy Germany has. I wish we had something like that here. I was back to work after 6 weeks with both kids.

Kids were gone this past weekend. They were at DC with school. DD did ok but I got a call from her Saturday night that her ankle (the good one) was swollen and really hurt. I had to tell her to talk to a teacher. There wasn't anything I could do being several states away. By Sunday morning she was doing good. They get home late tonight. I was nice having some to go on a date or a few with DH. We went out to eat Friday and Sunday and will tonight as well. Saturday we went to my cousin's wedding. We haven't ate great but not bad either. As of yesterday morning I am still down weight wise. So in the past 2ish weeks I have lost almost 2 pounds.

I do not listen to any health related podcasts right now-I do like the website Goodful. I love the cooking videos.

Flossbolna, I hope your coworker and friend is well. How worried she and her husband must be.

First week of June for me Thursday. Ended up running later than I wanted to make it to town. Originally my plan was to take both girls in with me, have 14 year old watch 11 year old and head to the extension service across the street to get the fruit sale prizes that were back ordered while I went and stood in line to get the new plates. While we were trying to coordinate getting all 3 of us ready to head out the door I tried to look up on the county motor vehicles site how much the plates would be. After seeing it was not on there I called and got how much it would be along with finding out I could just go in the renewal line instead of having to get a number and wait. for it to be called.
I ended up leaving with 14 year old as I was not sure how long things would take and it might be a bit tight to make the camp drop off for 11 year old. My husband took 11 year old to camp. As we were driving in 14 year old asked if we could go to a favorite Mongolian grill place (you take a bowl and fill it with your choice of items and then take it to a big cooking grill and they cook it right there in front of you) and I said that we could. Stopped by the bank and withdrew some cash, went to the credit union and paid the credit card bill, headed towards the court house and the extension service in the building across the street. Had 14 year old call them when we were close because the last time we tried to stop and get the items they were in a meeting.
I dropped 14 year old off and went around the section again (longer thanks to still having construction on remodeling the old federal building and putting in a parking garage (Even taking in that we have hard winters here they are taking longer than it did for Disney Springs to build their parking garages and ours won't have a how many spaces alert for each floor) and the one way streets in that part of town. I lucked out and found a parking spot not to much of a walk and was able to get right in to get my replacement plates. I came out and my 14 was waiting outside by the corner of the building right on the sidewalk next to the alleyway. After she got the plates on for me and we were on our way I asked her if she wanted to see if her dad could meet us for lunch as she wanted to have lunch with just mom and dad for her finishing 8th grade celebration. According to her 11 year old ruins everything. I think this is because we have to keep such an eye on 11 year old with her special needs-it's like having a giant toddler only she is fairly mellow and doesn't pitch fits. Unless she is told to clean up a mess like I found tonight in my bathroom-some paper items torn all over the floor and I was mean and made her pick it up and put them in the waste basket.
My sister in law works at the Mongolian Grill place we like to go to as a front of house supervisor. I mentioned about the plates to her and I don't think it registered that I had just replaced them and the sheriffs office had my old rear one in evidence. She said she would mention it to my brother and must have called him almost immediately because he sent me a text to let the sheriffs dept know (already done Wed night). I was able to find out more details about Tuesday Night from Sister in Law.
16 year old Niece had gone into her room and was sitting at her desk to remove her make up when she saw the lights come in our private drive that is almost a road (it is 1/10 of a mile from the main road to my house and it goes a ways past my parking area by my house so it is actually a bit longer and there is also the section that goes past my parents house and ends just past my sister's parking pad and garage. It is obvious that it is a driveway by the mail boxes to the side of it and the fact there is no street sign so they did not need to be there. Niece quickly turned out her light and went and got my sister in law who came in saw the vehicle stop in front of their house and no one got out. Sister in law told my brother who went out of the garage walk out door with his pistol on him. In my state castle doctrine applies to any where on your property not just physically in your home so my brother could have used it if he was threatened with a weapon himself. By the time he got out of the house and to the vehicle the occupants had disappeared so he was looking in the windows using the light from his cell phone.
My sister sees the light and gets in her car and drives over to see what is going on. Sister in law said that was not smart because what if the people were there and they decided to try and steel her vehicle or even kidnap her she would have had nothing to protect herself. Meanwhile Sister in Law is on the phone with our city/county dispatch the entire time while the officers were coming out in silence ( not sirens which explains why I didn't know what was going on till my sister called me, and my mom texted 30 minutes after that).
I found out that after close to 2 hours once the deputies got here that the driver came walking up the driveway from the main road (the one our address is actually on) but they had not idea where he came from. The searched the entire 6 acres of my family property plus all the properties that boarder it including the no longer used and not even usable corrals next door and the old haystack that is there ( the one the owner tried to sell the hay from 3 or 4 years ago at least now but once you get near it you can tell it's not good for anything but bedding because it was bailed and stacked while wet. Sister in law said they even checked in all the campers, my brother's, my dad's and even my little pick up slide in one and no sign of them. We have no idea if the 2 friends who were supposedly with the driver were actually there or if the driver was so strung out on drugs that he forgot the friends were else where or even imagined up the friends.
After having lunch 14 year old and I went to the mall so that she could go to game stop and get some games she was wanting and I could get some more summer clothes for 11 year old at Children's Place since someone had out grown her stuff from last year and we got the hot weather very suddenly. We had a few items that still fit to get through her week at camp. We picked 11 year old up from camp and headed home where after the week I was ready to crash. Spent most of Friday and Saturday resting and even sleeping. 14 year old did make the world's easiest peanut butter cookies so a bake sale fundraiser for a friend's 19 year old son who is needing a kidney transplant due to a genetic issue that runs on friend's side of the family on Friday night. I thought she had ceramics on Saturday but the leader called me about 8:30 AM to let me know that the wrong date had been put in the 4-H newsletter for the month of June. I had called her the night before because I wanted to double check as to if there was a particular item that 14 year old needed to bring to the meeting as there are some that they are doing various steps for to learn different techniques.
Weekend and even today was fairly tame got some laundry done and some house cleaning. Got 14 year old's half birthday party booked. We are doing a pool party at local water park that includes 1 hour in the party room with pizza and soda pop. Tomorrow Tuesday 11 year old has speech and occupational therapy and both girls have the 4-H club picnic. Wednesday 11 year old has her blood draw for a chromosomal microarray shortened to CMA. The last time she had a blood draw it took 3 staff from the clinic and I just distracted her with a movie on my phone. DH is going along this time in order to help hold 11 year old down.
For those interested here is the peanut butter cookie recipe (not a weight loss food so enjoy in moderation)
1 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Egg
Mix together in a bowl roll into balls and roll balls in sugar place on baking sheet (peanut butter has enough fat in it you don't need to grease the baking sheet) and flatten with a fork using a crisscross motion.
Bake at 350 F for 8-10 minutes let cool slightly and then remove and finish cooling on a wire rack.
Depending on how big you make them you get 1.5 to 3 dozen. We got 19 well actually 20 for the bake sale but one of them broke so we had that one.
My friend said they went over really well when I was able to talk with her tonight.
My goals this month are to build up to going to the pool 2-3 times a week. I even have the pool schedule printed out from the gym website. Right now thanks to multiple twisting of my knee and a couple of falls in April even walking in my house is a challenge so I am going to keep my workouts to the pool along with a few light exercises for upper body using my weights provided I can get those back from 11 year old who hauls them around for her SPD ( 1 lb x 2, 2 lb x 2, and 3 lb x 4 (I lost the one set I had) so I get to play look for my hand weights when I want to use them.
I was just ready to hit post when a funny thing happened with 11 year old. She had told me she wanted quasadilla tonight so I had 14 year old check if we had tortillas or not. We did not 14 year old had my maker out warming up and told 11 year old I will be back in 5 minutes. 11 year old wanted to make sure that her sister did come out so set an alarm on her phone and used Ducks quacking for the alarm sound. 14 year old says they sound enough like cats crying that she was scared something was happening with her cats. I though it was some sort of app game that 11 year old has. Meanwhile I will be trying not to laugh because I have a 14 year old that did not find it funny.

Good Morning, all, and happy Topic Tuesday!

For today's question:
Since I work on the school calendar, I'm thinking about the transition to summer right now. :daisy::sunny: Weather is warming, school is ending…does summer help or hinder your progress toward your healthy goals?

My own answer is - both!

Pros of summer: fruits and veggies are fresh and inexpensive, I have more time to exercise and cook, and later sunshine means I have more energy in the evening.

Cons of summer: I'm no longer at a "mostly on my feet all day" job, and I tend to replace too much of that with sedentary activities - sitting at the computer, lounging with a book, etc.

Good Morning, all, and happy Topic Tuesday!

For today's question:
Since I work on the school calendar, I'm thinking about the transition to summer right now. :daisy::sunny: Weather is warming, school is ending…does summer help or hinder your progress toward your healthy goals?
I would also say BOTH! I get outside more, going to walks or bike rides or swimming. So exercise can be up. But I'm also not on a work routine anymore since school is out and I'm a teacher. So some days I'm more lazy than during the school year. I also tend to use summer to catch up with friends and have a few drinks (especially those fun frozen drinks that are high in sugar). But I eat less of those bad comfort foods in the summer and more salads and fresh fruits/veggies. And I'm also in shorts and tank tops or bathing suits more, so I am motivated to keep in shape a little more as well.

Since I missed Motivation Monday....my motivation this week is to simply get through the week. It's our last week of school and my entire classroom must be boxed up by the end of the school day Friday and every piece of furniture (including every little student chair) must be labeled with my name and new classroom number so they can move it over the weekend. On the plus side, my kids after school schedules are basically free this whole week. So I don't need to rush after school to drop off or pick up from practices.

I think both-but a little more on the side of helpful. It was around this time last year I decided to get serious and lose the 20 plus pounds that had attached themselves to me since I retired. My husband enjoys grilling so we always have something easily prepared for dinner-and the vegetables are so delicious right now. Once corn comes into season we eat it almost every night with grilled meats and a vegetable salad. I do have to be careful with the cocktail hour. On a beautiful evening it’s very hard not to have a glass of something on the deck. My go to drink is a vodka martini-and just one, so I need to limit them to weekends. The rest of the week I will have sparkling water with a slice of lime. That’s the plan, anyways!945437C8-5E3A-42E4-88FA-29CE4C249550.jpeg

I am in the "both" camp, too! I love the abundance of fresh veggies and fruit that are available in summer. My husband loves all vegetables and I am really looking forward to getting more creative with them this summer. I also find that I need less food when it is warmer. The downside is that when it is hot, it is more difficult to get physical activity in. Normally, it's ok here in summer, there are hot days and then there are cooler days and usually mornings are cool enough for some exercise, even though I hate exercising in the morning. But last summer it was just miserably hot all the time! I hope we won't have a repeat of that!

What's your food plan like @4Mickeys

I'm doing Keto. My doctor recommended it earlier in the year to try to improve my blood glucose and cholesterol numbers. I was pre-diabetic and she was wanting to put me on a statin for cholesterol. I was really good for the first 6 weeks dropped some kgs and improved my blood work numbers. I have slipped a bit in the last 2 months though - I am still mostly good but the take-away slipped in a bit more than it should. Tonight I held strong a take-out almost snuck in but then I found some resolve and stuck to making dinner.

So I do low carbs - no pasta, rice and its mostly veggies grown above the ground, I get to eat yummy healthy fats to keep me satisfied. Overall I am actually enjoying it and have not missed the pasta/rice/bread as much as I though I would. My Dr sent me to this website to understand it and they have recipes on there
https://www.dietdoctor.com/

It's "Woohoo Wednesday"! - What are you celebrating?
Woohoo - Last week of school! Almost done packing up my room. Enjoying the last few days with my kindergarteners!
Woohoo - attended the 8th grade award ceremony and my kids each got an award. And my son's girlfriend (very innocent really...best friends since birth since we're neighbors. She's like a second daughter to me) inspired a new award for making the school stronger. She started a girls lacrosse team at their middle school with the help of a teacher and support of her parents and friends.
Woohoo - I am keeping up with my workouts this week and my eating is a little better than last week ;)

Woo Hoo Got things rearranged in the freezers to fit the left over ice cream from the 4-H picnic in it. I know have a general idea where different things are and can at least start digging in the right area for the stuff that is under other items.

Woo Hoo finally getting things started on the genetic testing on 11 year old to see if we can finally figure out exactly what is going on. She is not going to be a happy camper today since she will be having the blood draw today so they can do the microaray test which is the first one that they do when they either don't know or signs of multiple things are shown because it has a much better rate of results.

Woo Hoo ordered 14 year old's phone card a little after midnight ( she didn't tell me this is my last day yesterday and I thought her's expired today ) and it didn't take over 12 hours and my letting them know on the online chat that I was not amused.

It’s just a lovely morning and I am eating breakfast on the deck before I head out to the library and pick up two books that are being held for me. When I get back I will go for a walk-the weather is perfect-sunny and low humidity.
Did my grocery shopping yesterday so have good choices for lunch and dinner.
Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!