June 14 - 19, 2024 DVC Member Exclusive Voyage to Lighthouse Point aboard the Disney Magic

BMICKEY

Mouseketeer
Hi all! :teeth:

Thought I'd start a thread:chat: for the cruise 🚢next year in hopes to meet fellow cruisers! We will be sailing as couples with my BFF of 40 years plus her hubby that we went to prom with 35 years ago. I've been looking on FaceBook for a page as well, but no one has started it as yet. I love chatting about the cruise but don't want to be the person to coordinate the Meet-n-Greets, Fish Extender Exchanges, Pixie Dust Groups, or a Pub Crawl - LOL :jumping1:

I have been on quite a few cruises, not just Disney so if you have questions or want to share ideas, please do ask and share away!

I look forward to our chats!

Hi all! :teeth:

Thought I'd start a thread:chat: for the cruise 🚢next year in hopes to meet fellow cruisers! We will be sailing as couples with my BFF of 40 years plus her hubby that we went to prom with 35 years ago. I've been looking on FaceBook for a page as well, but no one has started it as yet. I love chatting about the cruise but don't want to be the person to coordinate the Meet-n-Greets, Fish Extender Exchanges, Pixie Dust Groups, or a Pub Crawl - LOL :jumping1:

I have been on quite a few cruises, not just Disney so if you have questions or want to share ideas, please do ask and share away!

I look forward to our chats!
Hi BFF!! Can’t wait to cruise with you!

Hi cruisers! Friendly reminder that the meet threads are for folks who want to meet other cruisers here, not Facebook. If you’ll be encouraging folk to leave as soon as they find you, then we will close this one to allow guests who do not want to use Facebook to start their own. I’ve removed those posts and links, please do not keep adding them. Thanks!

Curious if anyone has started looking at hotel options around the port yet. I tend to have terrible luck using google or other travel review sites as I like something nicer from being spoiled by Disney resorts. I’m not a ‘you’re just there to sleep‘ type, but also don’t want to spend $800 a night.

We reserved at the Hyatt Place FL Cruise Port. Not the Grand Floridian or the Hyatt Grand Cypress, but I've stayed at Hyatt Places before and they've been pleasant and comfortable.

Curious if anyone has started looking at hotel options around the port yet. I tend to have terrible luck using google or other travel review sites as I like something nicer from being spoiled by Disney resorts. I’m not a ‘you’re just there to sleep‘ type, but also don’t want to spend $800 a night.
We booked the Holiday Inn Express Airport, an IHG hotel. Breakfast is included and it’s a 12 minute drive to the port!

We are staying at the Harbor Beach Resort in Fort Lauderdale before the cruise. It is a little pricey but a beautiful resort.

Howdy Howdy. Very excited about the new island. Curious if they will have something similar to Castaway Kay 5k. Anyone have feedback on the magicbank+ for the Magic?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter