June 2, 2018 Magic in the Mediterranean from Barcelona

anjuan

DIS Veteran
Hi all! Welcome to my first trip report! The other ones I've read have been so helpful and I didn't see a lot of them for the Mediterranean so I decided to take a leap and write my first one. The cast- my teenage daughter (13) and myself.

picture

This is our fourth Disney Cruise. We've been on the Fantasy twice and the Dream once. I'm looking forward to being on one of the smaller ships. My daughter's father passed away unexpectedly in January 2017 and I wanted her to have something to look forward to so I gave her the choice of our next vacation and she chose a Mediterranean cruise on the Magic. I chose the June 2 sailing because my daughter is a competitive swimmer on two teams and didn't want to go in the middle of summer when her meet season gets busy. This was the earliest sailing after she is out of school.

So yesterday we went and got manicures and pedicures. My daughter got a mickey head design on one finger and a D on the other.
picture

Today our we had to take our dog to the grandparents since we're leaving tomorrow. Here's my daughter getting in some last minute cuddle time.
picture

We're heading to Barcelona 3 days early for some sight seeing. We leave tomorrow on a 10pm flight out of O'Hare and will be landing at 1:30 pm in Barcelona the next day. Here's a look forward at our itinerary for Barcelona before we board the ship. We'll be staying at Hotel Europark in L'Eixample district.
  • Wednesday, May 30- Walk along Las Ramblas, visit La Bouqueira, get espadrilles made at La Manual Alpargatera.
  • Tuesday, May 31- 10:00 am- visit Park Guell, lunch in Gracia neighborhood, 2:15 pm- Sangrada Familia, 7:30 pm- Flamenco show- Tablao Flamenco Cordobes
  • Wednesday, June 1- 10:00am- visit Palau de La Musica, Aquarium, Late Lunch at Xiringuito Escribe possibly, 9:30 pm- Magic Fountain show
  • June 2- 9:00 am- visit La Pedera, Get on ship!
For the actual cruise we decided to stick with Disney excursions. Here's our itinerary:
  • June 3- At Sea 9:15 am- Character breakfast
  • June 4- 7:15 am- Naples- Capri, Sorrento and Pompeii
  • June 5- 7:15 am- Civiarecchia- Rome
  • June 6- 8:45 am- Livorno- Pisa Climb the Tower
  • June 7- 7:30 am- Villefranches- Eze, Nice and French Wines
  • June 8- At Sea 10:00- Palo Brunch with Facebook group, 2:00- Frozen Gathering
  • June 9- Leave ship- Drop off luggage with Bags & Go, 9:00 am- Picasso Museum, 12:00pm- Head to the airport, flight leaves at 3:30.
I hope you enjoy our journey!

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-28_19-41-33.png
    upload_2018-5-28_19-41-33.png
    703.6 KB · Views: 22
We are on the June 9th cruise! Your schedule in Barcelona looks great. We are still ironing out our final details. The espadrilles are definitely interesting to me.

Have a great time. I'm sure there will be sadness but this will be such a special memory for you two.

We are currently booked on this cruise for 2019, so I'm eager to learn all about your experiences!

Following, you have a beautiful family! I'm very sorry for your family's loss btw :(

Have a safe flight tomorrow!

Looking forward to reading about your adventures! We're sailing June 9th and it looks like we have a pretty similar itinerary planned with a few days spent in Barcelona before the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!