June 2013 Backstage ABD trip

Addicted to Dopey

Newt's Posse
Am i crazy to go to DL in June?? Some sites say the crowds arent that bad, some say its horrible. We have never been to DL before, only WDW countless times. What do you think??

Well from what I've heard, an ABD trip isn't exactly like just going to DLR by your self. Lots of VIP access to rides and such. I can let you know after my trip in July. I figure Carsland will be a good test.

Kim

I have done 2 BSM now both during busy times. We found the crowds were rarely an issue due to the VIP access, special viewing areas and extra little "bonuses" given to us by the guides! I can honestly say it is the best way to do DL!!!

I went ahead and booked it, even though I had done this in 2008! They've changed it so much that it will be very different to see what they've changed. And a couple I met on this adventure has told me that they are going to be going on this trip, too! I'm very excited. :banana:

We are going & can't wait. I was looking at average temps & it doesn't look too bad really. We usually go to WDW in late October & it can be really hot then, so if we can handle that hopefully we'll be fine in Cali in June.
I agree with what the other's have said. We did this ABD back in 2008 & it really is a VIP experience at the parks so crowded parks really aren't an issue too much.
:wave: Lori!

My mom and I will be on the trip too and we are trying to decide to stay post night or just take a late flight on the return day. I want to make sure we have time to do stuff and from what I've been reading I think we might just take a late flight home.

This is our first trip to Cali and Disneyland and I am so excited to share it with this group!!!

We're thinking about doing the BSM next June (since we already took our summer vacation for the year). I really hope that I can persuade DH to do it!!!!!!

juliebug1997 said:
We're thinking about doing the BSM next June (since we already took our summer vacation for the year). I really hope that I can persuade DH to do it!!!!!!

Come join us! I think it's gonna be a great group.

If you are considering joining the Dis group, you might want to strike while you can.

There are already 24 pots spoken for and we cap this trip at 32.

That means eight spots left before we declare it SOLD OUT!

Kevin, even though I haven't gone on my first BSM tour, I'm thinking about doing it again next year and staying more than one night extra. Can I book extra nights at the Disneyland Hotel and still have ABD transport me back to LAX? I want more time at DLR and DCA. But not the price of DGC.

Kim

Kevin, even though I haven't gone on my first BSM tour, I'm thinking about doing it again next year and staying more than one night extra. Can I book extra nights at the Disneyland Hotel and still have ABD transport me back to LAX? I want more time at DLR and DCA. But not the price of DGC.

Kim

Yes, you can book a stay at the DL Hotel.

No, transfers will not be included.

ABD only has a contract with the GC and if you leave you ABD reservation, transfers are no longer included.

Your DLH reservation would be a separate reservation.

Thanks, Kevin. Debating WDW or DLR next year. Probably WDW since I will have missed F&G for 2 years and I LOVE F&G. DLR 2014 I guess.

Kim

We stayed one extra night after the BSM tour and the transfer to the airport was included.

We stayed one extra night after the BSM tour and the transfer to the airport was included.

As long as you book your post night through ABD...and ABD uses the GC...then transfers are included.

They will not be included if someone books a separate reservation at the Disneyland Hotel

My mom and I will be on the trip too and we are trying to decide to stay post night or just take a late flight on the return day. I want to make sure we have time to do stuff and from what I've been reading I think we might just take a late flight home.

This is our first trip to Cali and Disneyland and I am so excited to share it with this group!!!

Having just come back from the BSM, if I were to do it again I would definitely add at least 2 nights extra. I had a late flight out on the last day and it was just not enough time to see everything I wanted to.

Having just come back from the BSM, if I were to do it again I would definitely add at least 2 nights extra. I had a late flight out on the last day and it was just not enough time to see everything I wanted to.

I'd agree with Muggsie on this. We stayed two extra nights after this year's ABD and it was great to have those extra days to do the regular stuff in the parks.

I'd also suggest arriving a day early for this trip, especially if you're traveling a long way. We flew in on Saturday from the east coast (early flight) and were pretty much wasted by the time we got to the hotel. Nonetheless we felt obligated to go out and take in the sights. We were tired puppies that night. The actual ABD portion doesn't start until Sunday afternoon but once it starts its packed with activities and you should go into it a bit rested.

itsmuggsie said:

OKW Lover said:
I'd agree with Muggsie on this. We stayed two extra nights after this year's ABD and it was great to have those extra days to do the regular stuff in the parks.

I'd also suggest arriving a day early for this trip, especially if you're traveling a long way. We flew in on Saturday from the east coast (early flight) and were pretty much wasted by the time we got to the hotel. Nonetheless we felt obligated to go out and take in the sights. We were tired puppies that night. The actual ABD portion doesn't start until Sunday afternoon but once it starts its packed with activities and you should go into it a bit rested.

Thanks guys... I think I need to do some real research into our options. As I read more trip reports, there is more and more that I want to do, but I need to be financially responsible. I'm really thinking though that we might do a day before and after. Even if we don't spend our extended departure day at the park it would give us that whole last ABD day without having to leave for the airport. I would also like to have a little more time in Hollywood and we are looking at a minimum 5 hour flight if we get a direct flight.

I'm really thinking though that we might do a day before and after. Even if we don't spend our extended departure day at the park it would give us that whole last ABD day without having to leave for the airport. I would also like to have a little more time in Hollywood and we are looking at a minimum 5 hour flight if we get a direct flight.

If you are talking about simply spending all day Friday (last official ABD day) at the park and flying home on Saturday (no park time), consider booking a cheaper hotel at the airport for Friday night. You'll find some very good prices for Friday night stays at airport hotels. If you do that you should still qualify for free ABD transfers from DLR to the airport. Once at the airport you can take the hotel shuttle, which is typically free, for your stay. In the morning, catch their shuttle back to the airport for your flight home.

If you are talking about simply spending all day Friday (last official ABD day) at the park and flying home on Saturday (no park time), consider booking a cheaper hotel at the airport for Friday night. You'll find some very good prices for Friday night stays at airport hotels. If you do that you should still qualify for free ABD transfers from DLR to the airport. Once at the airport you can take the hotel shuttle, which is typically free, for your stay. In the morning, catch their shuttle back to the airport for your flight home.

The last ABD shuttle leaves the Grand Californian at 4:00pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter