June 2019 Car Rental Thread

Thanks for the codes! I used the Costco code with 1 car upgrade coupon code to get a full size car for 10 days for $371. Definitely still higher than I want but it's a much better price than what I've seen previously. Everything has been in the upper $500's previously. Hopefully can get it down to $250 by June!

ETA - just checked again and got it down to $362!

I just used the Costco code and 1 car upgrade coupon on Alamo.com to book a full size car for 10 days for $362, as well! Thanks for the codes! Hoping it will go down as the time gets closer too.

$362 is a good start! I'm sure if you're like me, the initial reservation is never the one you actually end up with. It's just nice to get something booked in case things don't get better as trip draws near. For June we should be getting into our prime reservation window pretty soon...late March to early May. So hopefully our rates will get better soon. For me, I feel like I get some of my best deals early morning on the weekends for some reason. Good Luck :wave:

$362 is a good start! I'm sure if you're like me, the initial reservation is never the one you actually end up with. It's just nice to get something booked in case things don't get better as trip draws near. For June we should be getting into our prime reservation window pretty soon...late March to early May. So hopefully our rates will get better soon. For me, I feel like I get some of my best deals early morning on the weekends for some reason. Good Luck :wave:

For our last two trips we have gotten our best rate within a month of the travel date so I am optimistic that the rates will get better. I could deal with $362 for 10 days if I had to though :-)

Does anyone know of a code that has the same discount as Costco? I’ve tried several of them and Costco has a way better discount. I don’t have a Costco in my area so I don’t have a membership.

Thanks! Yep, definitely usually have multiple reservations that I'm deciding between. But, it's very reassuring to have something that I can live with if we need to, especially since it's my favorite car rental company. I love getting to pick our own vehicle! Last year we were able to get a minivan for the price of a standard.

Just got a midsize, June 16-21, using Costco code and Entertainment book $25 coupon for $248.

Update: Rates dropped. I am down to $217 now.

Last edited:
6/4 through 6/12 mini van; used Costco contract code and $25 entertainment book coupon at Alamo - $487.

Good news June people! We're looking to rent a minivan from our home city for our two week trip in June. The best rate I had found was $837 for 6/14-6/28. I've been checking daily, and today I found one for $752, so I cancelled and rebooked. $752 for 2 weeks in a minivan isn't an awful deal, but last year I paid $560 for almost the exact same two week period. At least prices seem to be going in the right direction :-)

Mousesavers is offering a great code for Hertz - 2002500. I just booked a car for the end of June for $242.00. Not too shabby.

Anyone having any luck with rates going down? Mine are coming down slightly. They were in the $400’s now it’s around $375 for 8 days in a mid size SUV.

Anyone having any luck with rates going down? Mine are coming down slightly. They were in the $400’s now it’s around $375 for 8 days in a mid size SUV.
I'm late May/early June (5/26-6/4) and my rates are starting to come down slowly. Started at $280 for standard and now down to $242 with Alamo.

Yes my Alamo rate went down about $30 in total which makes sense to me as we are entering a new month. I got $378 for 11+ days (6/7 - 6/18) for a fullsize (Chev Cruze).

Also got a Pay Now rate with Dollar for $300 on an intermediate (Toyota Corolla). This was too good to pass up and can be cancelled for full refund up to 48hrs before.

Last edited:
I was able to get my Alamo reservation down to $332 for 6/6 - 6/15 (10 day rental) from $362, although just checked and it's back up to $392. I've been using the Costco contract id 7014627 and coupon code AU2291VYT that was posted on page 1.

Those who have used the Alamo Costco ID have you ever needed to show your membership? I was thinking about using but not a member so I know I run the risk of being asked. Also I want to skip the counter and go straight to the garage. Can u do that with the Costco discount and a coupon code? I’ve heard if you have discount you can’t skip the counter??? Thanks.

Those who have used the Alamo Costco ID have you ever needed to show your membership? I was thinking about using but not a member so I know I run the risk of being asked. Also I want to skip the counter and go straight to the garage. Can u do that with the Costco discount and a coupon code? I’ve heard if you have discount you can’t skip the counter??? Thanks.

I think you need to sign up with Alamo insiders. It's completely free so no big deal. When you do both "Online Check-In" and "Skip The Counter" you can go straight to your car and the only person you see on the way out is the gate attendant. All they want is your drivers license, credit card you made the reservation with, and your "skip the counter" document. They don't care about proof of affiliations. You can absolutely skip the counter even if using Costco or just about any other discount code. I do it every year regardless of which contract id/ coupon code combination I use.

https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rental/checkin.html

Last edited:
You guys might want to check your rates. Mine went down between $30-35 from last night. Also I found another $30 off code. It’s AD8913MJR. I found it from another thread but not sure who it’s affiliate with.

You guys might want to check your rates. Mine went down between $30-35 from last night. Also I found another $30 off code. It’s AD8913MJR. I found it from another thread but not sure who it’s affiliate with.

If you Google that code, everything comes up in Spanish.

My minivan went down $50 for a 10 night rental. June 5-15, 2019. Used AP code and $30 coupon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter