June 2019 Car Rental Thread

I kept telling myself I wasn’t going to book my first placeholder reservation until things dropped under $300 :)

Almao

1 week midsize, 6/29 to 7/6

Costco & $30 coupon

Midsize

$228 (includes additional $8 for SWA reward points)

SWA cancelled my flight, I rebooked to earlier one in day that equated to an 8th day. Modifying online nearly doubled it. Trying to rebook the to add the 6 hour earlier pickup i needed was $150 more:scratchin

Almao
1 week midsize, 6/29 to 7/6
Costco & $30 coupon
Was $228

Played around with codes and both the AMEX & VISA codes worked better than costco for my dates.

VISA 7016350 a bit less, but no 2nd driver, not a deal breaker for me.

now

8 days, midsize starting 6/29
VISA & $30 coupon
$242

Alamo rates look like they are dropping a bit. My rate for 6/7 - 6/18 went down about $30. I used 7014627 / AD8913MJR (Costco and $30 off). I actually got a slightly better rate by not signing into Alamo Insiders first. Then I went through online check-in & skip the counter and it automatically added it to my Insider account.

Update: Just used the same codes one day later and it dropped another $26. So in two days I have gone down $56 on rate. I'm down to $317 from $433 a month ago. Keep plugging away, June is starting to come down! :goodvibes

Last edited:

My Alamo rate went down this afternoon. 5/26-6/4 (9 days). Standard is now $214 (down from $242 last week) and Intermediate SUV now $235 (down from $270 last week). Costco contract ID and $30 coupon AD8913MJR.

We are renting out of Tampa, but the rate dropped again for a weekly Alamo mini-van rental through Costco. Down to $330. Worth checking rates. I check daily. I admit I even check a couple times a day.

Alamo rates look like they are dropping a bit. My rate for 6/7 - 6/18 went down about $30. I used 7014627 / AD8913MJR (Costco and $30 off). I actually got a slightly better rate by not signing into Alamo Insiders first. Then I went through online check-in & skip the counter and it automatically added it to my Insider account.

Update: Just used the same codes one day later and it dropped another $26. So in two days I have gone down $56 on rate. I'm down to $317 from $433 a month ago. Keep plugging away, June is starting to come down! :goodvibes

My Alamo rate went down this afternoon. 5/26-6/4 (9 days). Standard is now $214 (down from $242 last week) and Intermediate SUV now $235 (down from $270 last week). Costco contract ID and $30 coupon AD8913MJR.

Thanks to you both, I just shaved $100 off my 10-day rental for 6/7-6/17. I’m super happy!!

My June 10 day rental has been going down, was able to get 6/6 - 6/15 for $275 for a full-size car (was less than standard car). Used the Costco contract id and $30 off coupon code. :thumbsup2

I just checked today and our 6/2-9 rental through Alamo went down from $271 to $222 for intermediate SUV. Booked through costco.

Flying in/out of Tampa. June 4 - 14.

Minivan dropped to $363 (Avis) today on the CostCo Travel site. That's $100 less than what I had and was (relatively) ok with.

Not seeing reductions for early June any longer ...everythings been static. I think we may have peaked :guilty:

Not seeing reductions for early June any longer ...everythings been static. I think we may have peaked :guilty:
I'm 5/25-6/4 and I haven't seen a reduction in long time either. I'm thinking close to a month. I did see good rates this morning on costcotravel.com for budget, but I prefer Alamo so I can skip the line and pick my car.

A slight decrease in my Alamo Standard reservation 5/26-6/4. Down from $215 to $209. Not much but I will take it. This is with costco id and $30 off coupon.

OK, I got a slight decrease with Alamo today for June 7th - 18th. My rate went down about $16 (7014627 Costco & AD8913MJR $30 off).

OK, I got a slight decrease with Alamo today for June 7th - 18th. My rate went down about $16 (7014627 Costco & AD8913MJR $30 off).
Thanks for the info. I checked and mine went down about $10 with the same codes. Seemed like for my dates, it was only standard size that dropped. If I get it down $5 more, it will be below $200 which is my original goal. Fingers crossed. :)

A slight decrease in my Alamo Standard reservation 5/26-6/4. Down from $215 to $209. Not much but I will take it. This is with costco id and $30 off coupon.

My Alamo ressie was down a little bit too today, I'm at $259.86 for 6/7 - 6/16 (10 day rental) for a standard using the same codes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter