June 2019 Check In

I guess we need to dog pile on this one as we decided that the reservation system really does work. We will contrast it to our Labor Day weened trip..

June 14 Paradise Pier
June 15 DLH
SWGE:
Saturday, June 15th, 8p-12a
Sunday, June 16th, 8a-12p
Party of 3...

Bright Suns
Day 8 of the reservation system for anyone wishing to visit Batuu. Hopefully The Gathers are getting used to all the visitors are starting to enjoy seeing all the space travellers from different lands.

Welcome to all our last minute space travellers, you are all now added to the list :)

@Castillo Mom whats your check in date and check out date at the Grand California?

It is just my crazy anxiety or is anyone else worried that crowds will pick up by the time they travel. I still have almost two weeks. I am afraid the word is out and it will be crazy =(
I'm doing the same thing. Fingers crossed for low crowds until the 24th!

Opinions please - Would you choose to drive from Northern CA at 3 AM to get to DL when it opens or Leave at 7PM and Arrive at 1AM and pay for a hotel room for just a couple hours? I do normally get up at 4 AM every morning so the wake up part won't be difficult to me. Drive is about 6 hours unless I am feeling fast lol

Bight Suns everyone

Day 9 of the reservation system for anyone wishing to visit Batuu. More space travellers are off on their adventures today

Opinions please - Would you choose to drive from Northern CA at 3 AM to get to DL when it opens or Leave at 7PM and Arrive at 1AM and pay for a hotel room for just a couple hours? I do normally get up at 4 AM every morning so the wake up part won't be difficult to me. Drive is about 6 hours unless I am feeling fast lol

I would leave at 1am and get a hotel room for a few hours. That way you can rest your body and brain, have a shower and then be refreshed for Disney. If you just left at 3am straight to Disney,Im assuming you would get up by 2am, so that means by lunch time your body would be on a slow down.

Last edited:

It is just my crazy anxiety or is anyone else worried that crowds will pick up by the time they travel. I still have almost two weeks. I am afraid the word is out and it will be crazy =(

I'm worried about this too. I won't be there until the 20th and I'm still convinced it'll be crazy and I won't get to experience the low crowds. Especially since I saw that Disney's letting people add on to their Galaxy's Edge reservation if they didn't add a guest initially. Clearly they want more people there, which I'm worried will make the experience even more chaotic.

We got in town on Friday, so only got a half-day in the parks, but crowds were amazing. Was able to ride much more than expected. Talked to a CM that has been there 18 years and he said last Sunday was as light of a crowd as he can remember, and was at about 20% capacity.

Sat was much busier. Morning was great, but got really packed after lunch. We are staying offsite, so had planned to power through all day without a break, but ended up leaving about 6pm because the crowds were too much. FPs were running out and lines were longer than we wanted. Had a great day, but wish we would have taken a break in afternoon and come back in evening.

SWGE reservation is for Tuesday and can’t wait! Beach day today and Universal on Monday before back at Disney Tue/Wed. Here’s hoping the crowds are back down during the week.

I'm worried about this too. I won't be there until the 20th and I'm still convinced it'll be crazy and I won't get to experience the low crowds. Especially since I saw that Disney's letting people add on to their Galaxy's Edge reservation if they didn't add a guest initially. Clearly they want more people there, which I'm worried will make the experience even more chaotic.

I feel you on this. We are going the last weekend of the reservations and I am thinking people might come for that weekend to do stuff prior to the 24th and it will be a madhouse.

Bright Suns
Day 8 of the reservation system for anyone wishing to visit Batuu. Hopefully The Gathers are getting used to all the visitors are starting to enjoy seeing all the space travellers from different lands.

Welcome to all our last minute space travellers, you are all now added to the list :)

@Castillo Mom whats your check in date and check out date at the Grand California?

My check in is 6/17/19 and check out is 6/18/19. Super short stay but then we return in July for four nights!😃

Bright Suns everyone

Day 11 of the reservation system for anyone wishing to visit Batuu

For anyone trying to decide to do the Cantina I just want to say it was a pretty awesome experience. We did have 2 spots so it was easier for us to do it BUT if you aren’t going to do the light sabers then try to fit in the cantina. It was a great experience and even my picky child liked the drinks and Batuu bits. We were able to do the cantina, droid, and the ride (a few times) all in our last 4 hour time slot so it’s definitely doable and such a great experience!

Not sure if this has been answered yet, I scanned through. I have received my SWGE reservation day and time email a while back but never received the email people got last week regarding instructions for 8am reservations. Is there a scan bar or something they need to see in that so I can make sure I have my wrist band? I know a lot of DVC reservations didn't get the SWGE reservation email until they called a few days later to follow up- maybe the same here? Just want to make sure I will be okay with just the reservation email and obviously my AP and ID.

You just need your original reservation email. If you have an 8am reservation definitely arrive closer to 630 and if it’s a Magic morning you’ll get to enjoy some of the park as well. If your wanting to do the lightsabers show up near 6 and then get in the galaxys edge line right away

I feel you on this. We are going the last weekend of the reservations and I am thinking people might come for that weekend to do stuff prior to the 24th and it will be a madhouse.

I am SO nervous. We booked our vacation last August, not realizing any of this was happening. We'll be there from 6/26 to 6/28 and I am so nervous about the crowds.

Bright Suns everyone

Day 12 of the reservation system for anyone wishing to visit Batuu. Goodness we are half way though, not long now until phase 2, general opening.

I am SO nervous. We booked our vacation last August, not realizing any of this was happening. We'll be there from 6/26 to 6/28 and I am so nervous about the crowds.
Where are you staying, I dont seem to have you listed :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter