June 2019

Jennygt

DIS Veteran
Looking for a June 2019 discount watch thread, I cant find one so far, is there one started? If not here we go!!

I am following too. I am curious what discounts have been like in the past for June?

If you go to Mousesavers website, they have charts of historical discounts. We have APs so I'm not sure what the GP discounts were, and if I don't use my AP discount I go through a TA.

Following! First time to All Star Movies. Looks like last summer had a free quick service meal per person that came out shortly after Christmas. that would be fine with me! A little worried about the crowds, but now that ds is in grade school we have decided not to take him out anymore. Anyone gone in June before? At least it will be hot enough for the pool!

Following! First time to All Star Movies. Looks like last summer had a free quick service meal per person that came out shortly after Christmas. that would be fine with me! A little worried about the crowds, but now that ds is in grade school we have decided not to take him out anymore. Anyone gone in June before? At least it will be hot enough for the pool!
We have gone twice in July and once in August, and found those crowds to be lower than during most of our other trips that were during the school year.

Pool time is great in the summer: that's one of the big draws for us to summer trips, besides not having to miss any school.

It usually rains for a few hours each afternoon in summer, so I recommend getting FPs for outdoor rides before noon, as it doesn't tend to rain before noon. Wear sturdy, waterproof sandals, sunglasses, & no denim. Have fun!

Last edited:

We have gone twice in July and once in August, and found those crowds to be lower than during most of our other trips that were during the school year.

Pool time is great in the summer: that's one of the big draws for us to summer trips, besides not having to miss any school.

It usually rains for a few hours each afternoon in summer, so I recommend getting FPs for outdoor rides before noin, as it doesn't tend to rain before noon. Wear sturdy, waterproof sandals, sunglasses, & no denim. Have fun!

Thanks! Our kids aren't crazy about the big rides anyway...focusing on kiddie stuff this trip!

What’s typically the better deal - renting DVC points or an agency exclusive? That certain agency hasn’t released those dates yet and I’ll need to make a decision soon if I decide DVC is the best option. We’re looking at either the Poly or GF, maybe BC. The 2nd week in June but we are flexible at this point

Thanks

Glad I started the thread! We can't pull the kids out of school either, planning to miss the last two days that are nothing anyway. I don't know historically when the June discounts came out but I am going to investigate mousesavers to get an idea. Happy planning all!!

Planning an early June trip with just our 4yo DD. Have to wait until stepdaughter finishes school before we can go. Would much prefer May but it is what it is. Last trip was July 2016 with 7 of us having gone at that time but the older ones are between 12-16 so they're not into Disney anymore:sad:Also looking at Mousesavers History, looks like discounts are not great in June but something is better then nothing.

I'm here to follow along and watch, too! We booked a trip with my husband's brother to celebrate our niece's high school graduation.

Planning a trip for early June. Hoping for discounts!

Have a trip planned for the second week in June and booked the reservation/package when the rack rates came out. I am just a little worried that if I am able to get a discount that the new ticket structure could mess all of that up and that I would be better off with not getting a discount.

Have a trip planned for the second week in June and booked the reservation/package when the rack rates came out. I am just a little worried that if I am able to get a discount that the new ticket structure could mess all of that up and that I would be better off with not getting a discount.

Have you checked to see how much tickets for that week have gone up?

But yes, when you apply the discount to a package, the new ticket pricing will apply.

I checked my dates for June and I'm already saving about 200 bucks by booking under the old pricing structure. I am staying at a value so I'm guessing I wont do better than that with any discounts that come out. Just planning to pay what I have booked. If something fantastic does come out they will let you rebook it if its available but will have to pay new ticket prices.

I checked my dates for June and I'm already saving about 200 bucks by booking under the old pricing structure. I am staying at a value so I'm guessing I wont do better than that with any discounts that come out. Just planning to pay what I have booked. If something fantastic does come out they will let you rebook it if its available but will have to pay new ticket prices.
I just checked mine as well per @Cinderumbrella suggestion. Looks like I am saving 240 dollars by staying with the old system. Yikes! I suppose whatever June discounts that are coming out next year will have to be amazing for me to rebook under the new pricing system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!