Dismeet in the Smokies 2021! Y'all Come!

Choosing a name for our upcoming trip!

• Dismeet in the Smokies 2021

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Rocky Top Dismeet 2021

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Pigeon Forge Dismeet 2021

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Dosmeet in the Mountains 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dis Mountain Meet 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Country Bear Vacation Hoedown 2021

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Two places that I tried for the first time in Gatlinburg were Calhoun's which had pretty good ribs

They also have one in Pigeon Forge, one of our favorites. Actually the one in Pigeon Forge is where we ate our wedding night dinner on our honeymoon (well wedding day because we got married in the mountains.)

giphy.gif

I think June 7th(Monday) would be a good day for the Dismeet? I'm not sure on the dates everyone plan to arrive, if the 1st Monday of June will work. It will take 17 hours per the map, so we will stay one night somewhere. Most likely we will leave on June 5th & arrive on the 6th of June & leave June12th. If this will be too early in the week, we are OK on whatever works for all. I can't wait to meet & see everyone! Also Hope all in the path of this last hurricane came out OK with no damage.

I think June 7th(Monday) would be a good day for the Dismeet? I'm not sure on the dates everyone plan to arrive, if the 1st Monday of June will work. It will take 17 hours per the map, so we will stay one night somewhere. Most likely we will leave on June 5th & arrive on the 6th of June & leave June12th. If this will be too early in the week, we are OK on whatever works for all. I can't wait to meet & see everyone! Also Hope all in the path of this last hurricane came out OK with no damage.

June 7th it is. Thank you Gloria. I do believe that will work quite well.

Thank you! I plan calling tomorrow to see when I can make our reservation for a cabin, or should I wait? I know it is early, but with being the 1st of June, family vacations will be forth coming. So excited!!

Thank you! I plan calling tomorrow to see when I can make our reservation for a cabin, or should I wait? I know it is early, but with being the 1st of June, family vacations will be forth coming. So excited!!

You can surely call, Gloria. Tell them your estimated arrival and departure dates (and IIRC tiggerdad said they work off departure dates) and let them advise you when is the first day they will accept a reservation for those in/out times.

This is sort of like figuring out at a new resort how to work the FW 500 day reservation policy (what's the number? is that based on arrival? or departure?). I would not expect them to be able to take a reservation for early June right now in early November but rather ask them when they can approximately a month from now.

Bama Ed

Do we want to post what site(s) we were considering so anyone that wants to kinda clump together can? I know personally I'll wanna be on the water if possible. Was thinking it might be good for a couple of us to try to get the sites on the cul-de-sacs (61/62 or 40-43) so we'd have plenty of room for the main meet.

Also, I'll volunteer to be the potluck coordinator again unless someone else wants it.

I'm good with any of the creekside sites. The higher number sites are a little quieter (farther away from the street, although the street doesn't have much traffic). On the map, sites 50-60.

I just checked. As of today, you can book through May 1 (leaving date), so that means most of us are 6 weeks away from being able to make a reservation.

j

As of today, you can book through May 1 (leaving date), so that means most of us are 6 weeks away from being able to make a reservation.

So doing the math, from today your departure day has to be 180 days out or fewer. So that's the max booking window.

On your mark ....
Get set ....
~~

Bama Ed

Ed, I assume you'll be better in a site closest to bath house so possibly the area closer to that would be best. I'm indifferent but certainly like the stream idea.

Ed, I assume you'll be better in a site closest to bath house so possibly the area closer to that would be best. I'm indifferent but certainly like the stream idea.

Ya'll do what you want. Yes I will request a back-in site which is close to the pool/laundry/restrooms. It's not a very big park.

But the 40's cul-de-sac is closer to that area than the 60's one fwiw. And their two cabins are split one at the far end by the 60's and the other up front by the back-ins and closer to the 40s.

Last edited:
Definitely download the alltrails app. We found some great hiking that way. Though there was so many storms on the mountain we had to save some for later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter