Dismeet in the Smokies 2021! Y'all Come!

Choosing a name for our upcoming trip!

• Dismeet in the Smokies 2021

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Rocky Top Dismeet 2021

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Pigeon Forge Dismeet 2021

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Dosmeet in the Mountains 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dis Mountain Meet 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Country Bear Vacation Hoedown 2021

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm in. Looking at the 5-13th most likely, but maybe get in on the evening of the 4th (it's only about 4hrs for me). Myself, DW, and probably Mom.

Have to find things to do, would like to see the Titanic museum.

We did the Titanic museum a few years ago. I liked it, and DW loved it.
We also did a comedy show. I think it was "Comedy Barn". It was in a "barn" decorated building anyway. I loved it, DW liked it. It was my kinda funny.
Everyone enjoyed the go-carts. I think we went to the NASCAR speedway one. I know there was a track that you had to be licensed driver to go on.

Plan to do different things this time, but the comedy show will still be on my list.

I'm in. Looking at the 5-13th most likely, but maybe get in on the evening of the 4th (it's only about 4hrs for me). Myself, DW, and probably Mom.

We did the Titanic museum a few years ago. I liked it, and DW loved it.
We also did a comedy show. I think it was "Comedy Barn". It was in a "barn" decorated building anyway. I loved it, DW liked it. It was my kinda funny.
Everyone enjoyed the go-carts. I think we went to the NASCAR speedway one. I know there was a track that you had to be licensed driver to go on.

Plan to do different things this time, but the comedy show will still be on my list.

Good deal.

Dinner shows are all good in my opinion. Never done Comedy Barn. May do that one this trip. Done Dixie Stampede and Hatfield and McCoy are good with Dixie in my opinion being better food and pre-show musicians are always fantastic. I'm updating opening post to reflect links to Gatlinburg as well as Pigeon Forge website and link to Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

What day will be our dismeet? I can only be gone one week, because my friend can only by gone from her job one week. We figured we would stay somewhere the 1st night of traveling & arrive on 2nd day. Most likely we will try for one of the cabins. Thank you, Tiggerdad for all of your work getting this together. The Fort, most likely will never happen for me again. We were at the Fort this time last year.

What day will be our dismeet? I can only be gone one week, because my friend can only by gone from her job one week. We figured we would stay somewhere the 1st night of traveling & arrive on 2nd day. Most likely we will try for one of the cabins. Thank you, Tiggerdad for all of your work getting this together. The Fort, most likely will never happen for me again. We were at the Fort this time last year.

I tell you what I'm thinking Gloria. I'd personally like for you to choose the day of the Dismeet. I'd be honored if you would.

With important day decided we can plan everything else after that.

Michael Let me add doing math for other than How long/far to Disney is totally over rated. Thank Heaven I attended the Jethro Boudien Gizinta math classs so I knowed I needed to count back 36 hands worth and I too see Dec 15 2020 as 180 days from June 13 2021. Guess when I stop for the night on day 1 of our trek to DISNEY I'll need my computer to make a reservation

Probably gonna be arriving on the 7th through the 13th.
And YES, I believe Honorary Date Setter @friendofeeyore should choose the date of Dismeet so we can all plan accordingly :worship:

Once @friendofeeyore has her reservation for the cabin and knows her in/out dates, that would be the time to set a DISMeet date (which would still be several months out in advance for the rest of us).

I would recommend early in her stay to give us time to meet each other more so that during the week/days that follow we actually KNOW something about each other (we might have a LOT more DIS'sers at this event). That's why at the Fort we had the DISMeet on the Monday (although a couple folks left soon after). That was the way everyone's vacation schedule rolled.....

We can make our individual daily plans after the DISMeet date is set. As Retired Imperial DISMeet Chairman Emeritus, I'm a pretty good short order cook myself and can work under tiggerdad's orchestral direction:

giphy.gif

as a sous chef to burn some burgers and sling some hash.

giphy.gif

So I volunteer, mon capitan. I know how to cook "well done". More FIRE! Just tell me what else to do.

I (Beaker) can serve up the "smothered and covered" while tiggerdad (The Swedish Chef) handles all that grand poobah communication back-and-forth.

Bama Ed

PS - hey some of that Pigeon Forge stuff is almost as expensive as a theme park day. :crazy:

Last edited:
We are definitely not missing this meet. I'm already planning out stuff like breakfast at the Apple Barn, Dinner at the Mill, another breakfast at Paula Dean's, dinner at Dicks Last Resort and dessert at the Yard with @PaHunter, he loves the one on Gulf Shores! :rotfl2:

Hey, Randy!

I saw that Pigeon Forge has a Sunliner Diner just like Gulf Shores does. (the only two locations in the "chain").

new-gulf-shores-places-to-eat-2018.jpg

Can we get that one worked into the rotation too?

Would love to see you folks there in Pigeon Forge.

Ed

Comedy Barn
We've done it, it's actually pretty good. Next door to it is a place called Frizzle Chicken Farmhouse, it's really good for breakfast. They also have animatronic chickens that sing lol - https://goo.gl/maps/U8irgRCEcaYy94Wr9

Looking forward to it, we'll be there and @bama_ed count me in for Sunliner. They were just finishing construction up there when we were there last Thanksgiving.

Meanwhile, over in Gatlinburg, just before you enter the park is the main stretch where there are lots of things to do. Also, places to eat. On my last trip in 2018 I did a trip report and it is here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/tiggerdad-is-heading-to-the-smokies-yall-come.3619609/
Two places that I tried for the first time in Gatlinburg were Calhoun's which had pretty good ribs
IMAG0245.jpg

and my new favorite steak place up there is Howard's Steaks
IMAG0351.jpg

IMAG0352.jpg

IMAG0354.jpg

I am very particular on my steaks and this place did them right! Highly recommend it when you are in Gatlinburg walking the strip.

I'm going to book June 5-12 to hold a spot, but it is still dependent on what happens to my Europe trip in July. With DLP closing until February 12th, it is looking less likely that Covid will settle down enough by May (have to pay for remainder of trip) for them to want Americans back. I may do Pigeon Forge regardless. DW doesn't have enough vacation time, but she is working remotely anyway.

Looks like my reservation window may be December 14th. Have it on the calendar. I want one of the creek side sites.

j

We are definitely not missing this meet. I'm already planning out stuff like breakfast at the Apple Barn, Dinner at the Mill, another breakfast at Paula Dean's, dinner at Dicks Last Resort and dessert at the Yard with @PaHunter, he loves the one on Gulf Shores! :rotfl2:

Ah, The Yard.....well maybe they can get it right.....for once.

Ah, The Yard.....well maybe they can get it right.....for once.
3rd times a charm. :rotfl2:

Unfortunately there isn't one there, though if it was, I'd follow Chris in.

We'll have to find you another one up there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!