Dismeet in the Smokies 2021! Y'all Come!

Choosing a name for our upcoming trip!

• Dismeet in the Smokies 2021

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Rocky Top Dismeet 2021

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Pigeon Forge Dismeet 2021

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Dosmeet in the Mountains 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dis Mountain Meet 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Country Bear Vacation Hoedown 2021

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Governor and work have made it a requirement to quarintine for two weeks after. Hoping that is repealed by next summer, as that will really kill vacation time. We will see, our plan is to book our trip and go from there.

Governor and work have made it a requirement to quarintine for two weeks after. Hoping that is repealed by next summer, as that will really kill vacation time. We will see, our plan is to book our trip and go from there.

With any luck by then this situation will be under much better control. We can only hope anyway. I saw one statement today believing they could administer as many as 20 million vaccines in the first month. We'll see.

I am sorry for the long delay since my last post. I had trauma recertification classes this week, all week and just finished them up yesterday. I spent the last 3 weeks involved in this with this week being testing and prior 2 weeks studying. At least now that is out of the way for the next 4 years...:banana:

I checked the online booking today and as of now you can book a trip there at Pine Mountain as long as you are checking out by the 21st of May. I'll keep checking every few days and update more as the window gets closer. As far as booking, I'd like to nail down a general area for where you guys might like to be. I'll be honest, as long as 2 of us have neighboring sites then we can use it for the meet. I'd personally prefer something along that stream and I do really think that would be a good spot for a puzzle table.

I need some coffee...

Does PA (and I would be curious about other states as people read this) allow you to get a test with a negative result to waive the 14 day requirement upon return? That is (or at least it was...I have not paid attention as I have not had need of the option) an option in CT.

FROM CT GOV'T WEBSITE:

Can travelers be tested for COVID-19 instead of self-quarantine? Yes, an Affected Traveler is exempt from the self-quarantine requirement if the Affected Traveler (1) has had a test for COVID-19 in the seventy-two (72) hours prior to arrival in Connecticut or at any time following arrival in Connecticut, (2) the result of such COVID-19 test is negative, and (3) he or she has provided written proof of such negative test result to the Commissioner of Public Health via email to: DPH.COVID-Travel@ct.gov or via facsimile to: (860) 326-0529. Nucleic acid tests such as reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) tests are the only acceptable testing option. If a test was obtained in the seventy-two (72) hours prior to arrival in Connecticut, or following arrival in Connecticut, and such Affected Traveler has not yet received his or her test results, such traveler shall remain in self-quarantine in Connecticut until a negative test result is submitted to the Commissioner. If the test result is positive and the traveler is asymptomatic, he or she shall self-isolate for ten (10) days from the date of the test; if symptomatic, he or she should seek medical assistance. Travelers who test positive for COVID-19 prior to traveling to Connecticut should delay such travel and consult with a medical professional. All Affected Travelers are required to complete the Travel Health Form.

OH..and sorry...just realized this was on the "Meet" thread...sorry to get off on this...kind of forgot once I started thinking down this road....

Last edited:
I'm assuming if you test negative your good to go. But testing now takes time. And you will see others there. I just went over here in nj and over a 3 hour wait outside in my car. Then i got to go in and get my test. Probably 300 people went in and out before me. They say like 1 out of 10 tested is positive over here. So , thats 30 people that may have spread it inside the office where you go to get the test. I rather stay home!

Does PA (and I would be curious about other states as people read this) allow you to get a test with a negative result to waive the 14 day requirement upon return? That is (or at least it was...I have not paid attention as I have not had need of the option) an option in CT.

FROM CT GOV'T WEBSITE:

Can travelers be tested for COVID-19 instead of self-quarantine? Yes, an Affected Traveler is exempt from the self-quarantine requirement if the Affected Traveler (1) has had a test for COVID-19 in the seventy-two (72) hours prior to arrival in Connecticut or at any time following arrival in Connecticut, (2) the result of such COVID-19 test is negative, and (3) he or she has provided written proof of such negative test result to the Commissioner of Public Health via email to: DPH.COVID-Travel@ct.gov or via facsimile to: (860) 326-0529. Nucleic acid tests such as reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) tests are the only acceptable testing option. If a test was obtained in the seventy-two (72) hours prior to arrival in Connecticut, or following arrival in Connecticut, and such Affected Traveler has not yet received his or her test results, such traveler shall remain in self-quarantine in Connecticut until a negative test result is submitted to the Commissioner. If the test result is positive and the traveler is asymptomatic, he or she shall self-isolate for ten (10) days from the date of the test; if symptomatic, he or she should seek medical assistance. Travelers who test positive for COVID-19 prior to traveling to Connecticut should delay such travel and consult with a medical professional. All Affected Travelers are required to complete the Travel Health Form.

OH..and sorry...just realized this was on the "Meet" thread...sorry to get off on this...kind of forgot once I started thinking down this road....

Yes, PA is also allowing the test 72 hours prior to arrival. One of the problems, a friend just had is CVS would not do a test if you were an out of state resident. They were traveling to MD. MD would not do the test. So we will see, maybe by next summer we will be in a better spot.

Sjm9911, So sorry you & the family will not be able to join the group in June. I am planning on going if God willing & the creek don't rise. Our future Grandson is a San Antonio, Tx fireman. He too also has to be in contact with Covid & does stay away from family for a week or so. I have been taking vitamin "D" which I heard this week is one of the vitamins that helps keep you safe. I still am very careful where, what I do & sanitizer each time I touch something. Happy Thanksgiving go all

There is a lumber company museum in Townsend that has a similar one on display. Townsend is very easily accessed on road to Cades Cove.

For a lot of us who will be checking out on Sat June 12, we can book on Sunday. I have been checking everyday to see what availability looks like. Seems pretty good except that I am planning on checking in Thursday, June 3. That weekend is pretty booked up already. There are 5 sites creekside that are available that weekend as of now. I did not check pull through. We were ok on pull through last summer. It is tight but doable. Cabins look good so far.

Question, besides Gloria is anyone thinking of booking a cabin? I am asking because I am going to try and secure the other cabin for my FIL. I wanted to see if i am stepping on anyone as we can make other arrangements for FIL. Gloria @friendofeeyore don't worry though, if I get a cabin and you don't i will let you have my cabin.

Has anyone booked 41 or 62? I am looking at booking 40 right now and then keep adding days.

Okay we're starting now?

I just booked site #10 (back-in close to the bath house) in Saturday 6/5 out Wednesday 6/9. I will need to grab it for two more nights as I need to head home on Friday the 11th.

Take 41 or 40 Benita. Sounds like we are gathering on that end of the resort.

Bama Ed

PS - well, PaHunter, the weekend most of us are trying to arrive is the weekend at the end of Memorial Day week (the traditional summer start) so I think for that week in particular folks are booking early.

Reserved site #45. 06/05-06/09 for now. Will have to add a few more days one day at a time. I really wanted to wait and do one reservation when all the days are available but I really wanted a site on the creek, so I guess the early bird gets the creek site.:banana::boat:

@PaHunter and others. Pine Mt has a 2 night booking minimum, so we can't do the day at a time Fort method.

I'm on site 56 up to the 9th. I'll call on Monday morning and book Wed-Sat.

j

Yeah sorry I kicked it off but was getting nervous, though plenty of pull throughs. I booked June 3 to 9 and plan to add on. If you do it via website minimum booking is two days so plan accordingly. At this point I think I can wait till Monday to book my last 3 nights. I am in 58.

jim you beat me to the two night minimum. I do think pull through won’t book up as fast, but like others I wanted on the creek. don’t worry which end we are in the park is fairly small, yes I realize I am the person who ran 22 miles on Saturday for fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts