June Crowds

sundance1

Earning My Ears
We are going 6/20-6/27/03 wonder how crowded the parks will be during this time and would it be worth doing E-ride night the first day we are there Friday 6/20/03)?

Thanks for any info. on this.

Hi! Welcome to the DIS! :wave:

I have been to Disney in June, but it was a very long time ago! LOL...All I can remember is it being HOT!! :) As for crowds, I can't remember, but I will bump this up for you so our experts on this board can answer your question! :)

Have a great time in the World! :)

We were there June 12-17th in 2001 before the economy tanked and 9/11. There were lots of people there, but we had a wonderful time. I am a teacher so I can only go in the summer so we go when we can go. We had ps for dinner to make sure we could get in. We stayed at CBR and we were given our room requests that we made. I am sure attendance that summer was much higher than it will be this June. We are going a little later this time too and more schools may be out. It will be interesting to compare. We didn't have troubles getting around on the busses or riding rides. You'll have a great time. Use the Fast Pass and EE. We had a blast!! Retirement will be great when I can go at other times.

I'm missing my first June in years right now. Go for me, will ya?

THe crowds begin to pick up the second week and build from there, culminating in the July 4th weekend and staying peaked for about six weeks. In later June, you'll find heat and crowds. Managing them is a slight artform, but can be done and a great time can be had. The important thing is to come to the Disboards and get the info others just don't have!

To repeat EEyorelover22, use fastpass and EE. And as for E-Night, I personally think that's always a good expense. I'd personally do the following, depending on what you want to do:

Hit the EE park of the day, then get out by noon and head somewhere quieter. Avoid MK on Saturday at all costs. In fact, if you're allowing for an "off day," Saturday is the day to do it. If you're doing a water park, do it mid-week (Wednesday is a great day for waterparks). If you're doing DisneyQuest, try to do it on a weekday, and for heaven's sake do it when the sun is out. DisneyQuest on a rainy Saturday can be frightening.

This is one time to have a commando-style plan. Make good use of early morning, fast pass, and common sense. Example: in MK, run, don't walk, straight to Space Mountain, hit fast pass, then get over to Timekeeper. In less than an hour, you've managed two high-profile rides.

To beat the heat, and the crowds, look for large capacity dark rides and do them in the heat of the afternoon. Example: Hall of Presidents in MK; Ellen's Universe of Energy or O' Canada in Epcot, Who Wants to be a Millionaire in MGM (sorry, I don't do AK). Even if there's a line, they hold a large amount of people, they're extended (half an hour or so), and they have air conditioning.

Be willing to walk away from an attraction. We love Splash Mountain, but I'm not willing to wait in line an hour to do it. And I think of what I can do during that hour. Or, if you don't think like me (SIL would rather spend the whole day in line for SM rather than miss it), be mentally prepared. But I find I can have a more enjoyable day in the park and have more of a light-line feel to the experience if I go in knowing I may not be able to do SM, and if I instead do three other attractions during that hour.

If you want to see parades, see parades! But if you can live without them (or are in the park a second time and have already seen them), what a great time to hit an E-Ticket.

Go early. Leave mid-afternoon and take a swim/rest/etc. Come back around 4:30-5. Enjoy the line of hot, tired people who didn't take a break streaming out looking po'd. Then from 5-7, the standard dinner hour, enjoy a "lightening of the lines."

And Pat's golden rule: When everything else is busting at the seams, Epcot is just never too bad. It simply has a higher capacity than the other parks.

I've always enjoyed June. I also enjoy September/October for the short lines. The trade off is when Disney is more crowded, it just, well, looks more like Disney. And with the parks open later at night, you get the "lit up" factor going. Disney (especially MK), is just plain old neat in the dark.

Hope that helps.

Pat

Just got back from disney spent 6 days and it was very hot and very packed full of people, e ticket is well worth it, it only allows 5000 people in the park compared to 45000 during the day it only has 9 rides open, my 2 year rode buz light year 10 times during the 3 hours

We will never go back during the summer.
Have fun

We went in June of 2001. I thought the crowds were not bad at all. In fact, at one point we were walking through Epcot on our way back to BWV and there was NOBODY else around. We felt like we were the only people in the park. It was so strange!
I will be there on the 22nd, so we'll see what this year holds!!
Have a good time!!:)

Thanks for the info.

We are staying at W.L. then moving over to ASMu, daughter's Dance Team is staying here for 2 days and then they all leave the next day (about 50 kids). She is dancing at M.K. on Tuesday (just a performance). She is very excited about this. This is the only reason why we are going this time of year. Then we are moving Again to Boardwalk Inn. We have never stayed at any of these resorts before. Orginally we booked POR but they called and told us we would have to move and for alittle extra we got B.I.

Are the bugs bad this time of year? In N.J. we have gnats & mosq. and they have been pretty bad lately.

On E-Night can you buy the tickets ahead of time or when you check in? We arrive on Fri. around 9:00 A.M. and going to check- in right away at W.L.

I will go and enjoy for you Pat.

The one big mistake I think in our planning is doing Sea World on Saturday, but it seems to be the only day we can go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter