june crowds

gusia

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, just wanted to ask about crowds in june, we are coming on the 12 till 16 of june.Is it a busy time? I worry about the school summer holiday, have no idea when do they start.

Hi

Summer holidays in South Wales ( our schools at least ) start on 22nd July. We went to DLP in June 2002 around the same time that you are going and it was really good. The weather was nice but not too hot and the crowds were OK. We didn't have to queue very long for anything ( less than half an hour ) We got to ride on Thunder mountain so many times I lost count. We got off, around the block and back on sooooooooo many times ! LOL It is my sons all time favourite ride along with mega phobia a all wooden roller coaster in Oakwood park West Wales. I seem to remember the other ride that we rode many times without even having to get off was Casey Junior - great fun. I dare say that the queues would be a lot longer for some of the other rides though. I remember that at one point we were herded and crammed into what can only be described as holdings pens ( you felt like a load of cattle ) prior to seeing the stunt show with the cars etc ( the name escapes me at the moment ) that was a bit clostaphobic and also I did wonder what would happen in case of fire, given how many people were smoking in such a confined space How would you get out of the holding pens? Which brings me to a very sore point. The number of people who smoke in the parks at DLP. People walk around with cigarettes held between their fingers but don't hold them up out of the way. They let their arms fall to the side of their bodies still holding the lit cigarette. One cigarette being carried in this way was stubbed out on my sons cheek, the ash then falling onto his clothes the person was very appologetic that my son had been burnt and I think he would think twice before he lit another cigarette up in the park, but it could have been my sons eye that was accidently used as an ashtray !!! It could have been a very costly accident. Cigarettes are very evident in the parks and so is the amount of booze consumed in the Disney village - the one good thing about WDW that differs hugely from DLP is that at WDW the effect of booze is not evident within the parks or the village it is kept a bit more discrete at Pleasure Island. I noticed last year though that even in the parks at WDW there were a lot more people ignoring the non smoking policy and lighting up wherever they felt like it. Sorry if I sound a right misery, I admit to being a non smoker and Tee Total so I guess that puts me in the minotiry but......
June was a nice time to visit the parks though in general

I will agree with Dee8197, June is a lovely time to visit DLP. We went last year second week of June and the crowd level of weekdays was minimal. There were many times we got to stay on and ride again as there was nobody in line :cheer2: We did notice on the Friday that it was much busier but then I think that is always the case with weekends. When we went last year it was quite hot and we wore shorts and teeshirts, lots of suncream and hats (a definitve must). It was not unbearable heat though like it was a few weeks ago when we were there. My sister is going second week of June this year and I have advised her to be prepared for hot weather. School holidays in Northern Ireland also start July 1.

Nicola

Your schools break for Summer Hols July 1st, when do they end ?

School starts again this year August 30th. When are your school holidays?

Sorry Dee 8197 just realised I know the answer to that one. Gosh yours are quite a bit later than ours.

Reid, I guess your kids must get more holidays throughout the year then :confused3 Strange how they're all so different. There's some talk here about only giving a few weeks in summer and spreading them out more throughout the year. I'm undecided whether this would be better or worse for us in terms of organising childcare.

Our's are on holiday from July 22nd - September 5th

They get 2 weeks at Easter, 6 weeks in Summer, 2 weeks in October and I think 2 weeks at Christmas. Then Public, and in-service and......................

Reid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter