June hours

scanmom

DIS Veteran
I looked on the DL website to find out the hour of opening/closing for the week of June 6th. They are not up yet (not surprisingly). Anyway....does anyone know what the hours might be based on previous years? We are considring taking my niece and nephew to DL/ CA this year....their mother left the family because of a drug addiction and left them in a huge financial mess. they have had a hard year, and have never been ANYWHERE for a vacation, so we really want them to have a magical trip. Anyway, we are considering our spring break (the week of March 16th) or the week of June 6th. I am leaning toward the June week because of less ride closures and also TOT should be running by then ( they would LOVE TOT!!). Any advice is very welcome!!! TIA!!!!:sunny:

Most schools in California will still be open, but since some schools in other areas will be closed, the hours should be somewhere between summer hours and off-season. My quess would be something like 9-10 for DL, 10-8 for DCA. There may very well be some "Grad nights" during early June, which may result in shortened hours for DL. You are correct that TOT should be open by then and there shouldn't be too many closures (although BTMRR is likely to still be down along with Space Mountain, but that will be the case in March as well). The weather should be great in either March or June. Crowds could actually be heavier in March.

is there a way to find out which days are grad nites? are they usually on Fri/Sat nites, or are they held in the middle of the week? We would be at the parks probably Sun- Thur. that week as we are planning on getting the SoCal AP and the Fri/Sat that week are blacked out. We will spend blackout days at other areas of SoCal that we want to see (like the beach). Is it warm enough in early June to swim in the ocean? Or should I plan a beach afternoon w/o swimming? What are some cheap/free things to do in the area? We have 6 in my family, and my bro-in-law and his 2 kids will make us 9....so we are trying to cut costs as much as we can, since we will be paying for pretty much everything. Any ideas will be helpful!!! Thanks!:earsboy:

I went to the DLR website and found out that there will be 2 grad nites the week of June 6th...the 9th and the 10th. So, I will have to factor that in when choosing my dates. Thanks!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter