June / July 2020 Discount Watch Thread

Same here! I’ve never gotten a pin. I wouldn’t even know it was a thing if not for these boards.
I got maybe two pins but it has been 10 years ago!. I have not gotten any since. I did use one of my daughters once since that.

I bit the bullet and booked a room with my PIN code. Still hoping they release a better promo (cough*free dining*cough) but at least I have something at a discount for now.

I found a PIN code in my email but it is from 2013! Its been a long time since Disney gave me a code. Waiting to book June.

We're going late-June/early-July, so I'm anxiously awaiting the summer discount too.

I've read that if I book now, I could call and apply the discount when the offer is available, at worst they would switch my rooms. However, if they adjust my rooms, would that affect any of my other plans (dining/fastpass/etc) that will already have been made? In other words, my dining reservations would not be affected by any changes in resort stay?

We're going late-June/early-July, so I'm anxiously awaiting the summer discount too.

I've read that if I book now, I could call and apply the discount when the offer is available, at worst they would switch my rooms. However, if they adjust my rooms, would that affect any of my other plans (dining/fastpass/etc) that will already have been made? In other words, my dining reservations would not be affected by any changes in resort stay?
You are right in that your dining plans will not be affected if you modify the reservation.

Just booked our trip...July 25 to July 29th....keeping my fingers crossed!

How do you get these pins? I want one! Lol I just keep on getting emails to join the DVC

Next year will be our 8th trip in a row and I have never received a pin! 😢 Not sure what you have to do to get one but I would love to get one!! There should be some type of pin for people that keep coming back every year!! 😂

Next year will be our 8th trip in a row and I have never received a pin! 😢 Not sure what you have to do to get one but I would love to get one!! There should be some type of pin for people that keep coming back every year!! 😂
OMG yes! It is killing me that this elusive pin code is for "Returning Families" and we did not get one. I have never gotten a single pin code in the 20 years I have been taking my family! My husband (who does NONE of the planning) occasionally gets them, but did not get this one. He called last week and there was nothing attached to any of our accounts, but the CM did say more pins and discounts were coming in January. Fingers crossed! The prices I'm looking at for deluxe for June are absolutely insane!

This is slightly annoying. I called to see if anything was linked to my account and surprise surprise there was. Sadly it was resort specific- the 2 that we stayed in last summer(quick last minute budget one so CS and ASM) we want someplace different this year. Still waiting.

Based on last year, I assume the expectation is that we will see a new discount drop Jan 2nd?

We are going sometime in June or July for an adults only trip! Super excited! More than likely will be July... hoping for FD.

I asked in another thread as well but if there is a discount... do you all think it will be for the whole month of July... if so which week in July is the "better" week to go?

Would I be correct in assuming that discounts should be announced next weekend? It seems historically, they have been released 1st week of Jan.
Also, should this thread not be titled "Summer 2020". Werent the discounts good through end of August as well last year?

Also, should this thread not be titled "Summer 2020". Werent the discounts good through end of August as well last year?
There is often a watch thread for each month, so people travelling the same time can chat. I was waivering between June and July and didn't see a post started for either so I started this combined one. But yes, in theory, a "summer" discount would likely apply to several months.

Would I be correct in assuming that discounts should be announced next weekend? It seems historically, they have been released 1st week of Jan.
Yes last year they were released Jan. 2

Lots of chatter on the 2020 Free Dining watch thread, about a potential promo being released tomorrow (1/2). I don't know anything, just making sure those following this thread are aware.

Lots of chatter on the 2020 Free Dining watch thread, about a potential promo being released tomorrow (1/2). I don't know anything, just making sure those following this thread are aware.
I am really thinking something has to be released. The current expires today... the website has been all wonky... they are making major changes to the DDP.

I will def be curious to see.

I've already got my July trip booked, but I am hoping for a discount soon! :earsboy: I got a pin code in the mail in 2018 when I already had a trip booked for later in the year. Surprisingly, the discount I booked via the Disney website saved me more money than the pin code. Nonetheless, I'll take anything for my upcoming trip! The price tag on this 2020 trip is a lot more expensive than both my 2017/2018 trips. I can't believe how much a discount saves! Fingers crossed for free dining, something I've never had, but room discounts come in handy too.

I am really thinking something has to be released. The current expires today... the website has been all wonky... they are making major changes to the DDP.

I will def be curious to see.

The website was horrible today!!! Your post gives me hope that they were working some magic for us. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!