June / July 2020 Discount Watch Thread

Got in at POFQ for 6/6-6/12. I got in much quicker on my iPad. POFQ was sold out for my original dates so had to shift a week. Looks like very little availability there.

I ended up checking the FD offer again and a nature view room at WL opened up. I guess someone changed their plans when the other offer came out. Ended up saving nearly an additional $300 to what we would have had spent at CCV. Overall we saved close to $800 from the rack rate WL standard view room we originally booked. (We always had the DDP and park hoppers so it was a true savings for us).

As of right now 3;35pm EST on 1/6 they're showing no discounts for AKL, BWI, YC, CR, & WL. Has these sold out already? Or are there just no discounts for these resorts?

As of right now 3;35pm EST on 1/6 they're showing no discounts for AKL, BWI, YC, CR, & WL. Has these sold out already? Or are there just no discounts for these resorts?
I was able to see discounts for WL earlier today.

Discounts are really date sensitive. If I chop off a day at the end to go from 8 nights to 7 nights, the discount disappears even though both have the same starting date. So the room is definitely there, but there's some quirky rules in place.

You have to search specific dates, and probably play around a bit; so for example, July 4 - 7, there's rooms at each of the hotels mentioned for the Sun and Fun discount.

I was able to snag a room discount this morning but the savings weren’t that great. I’m staying in a value resort, so I didn’t expect to save a whole lot. Any money saved is good though. I’m still holding out for free dining to be extended through the end of July... I know I’d save more money then!

We're, currently, at Caribbean Beach. Called the other day to see if I had a code...and they said I did...but didnt say what exactly it was for. Offered me the same rate for the pirate rooms (no way) that was available this morning with the new deal. (btw Costco has the same price).

I scored a discount room at POFQ this morning after playing with my dates a bit.. then found the same dates at Undercover Tourist for about 150 less. Be sure to check all your options!

Whoa, I had no idea Undercover Tourist sold rooms too, they have a lot more open dates than the Disney website has, you just saved me $450!

Note that they charge the full amount to your credit card upon purchase, while Disney just charges the first night. But definitively worth it for the savings.

Last edited:
Just noticed Orbitz now has rooms available in July, which previously weren't available as their website said they were all sold out.

They're even cheaper than Undercover Tourist once you add the BOOKNOW coupon code, and booking gives you Orbitz bucks immediately (5% if you book via their Orbitz app, 3% if you use it on desktop) which you can immediately apply to other bookings (ie a second room or just any other travel you might have). And as with UT, they charge the full amount at booking, but it can still be cancelled until a few days before the check-in date. All in all just saved $660 off the official "discount" Disney price for Pop in July.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!