June vs Sept 2021..weather? Crowds?

DianaMB333

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Hi
Which week have you been and which one do you prefer between 1st week of June and last week of September?
Thanks

I was there in June 2019 and September 2018. June was like being on the surface of the sun. It was in the 90s with a feel like temp of 108. No joke. I saw sweating from places I never thought possible. And it was crowded, literally walking right next to people at Magic Kingdom because it was so busy.

September was still hot but it was more muggy and humid. Crowds were much lower in September. Most rides were about a 10-15 minute wait. ( not counting FoP, 7D, Frozen ). Now if you're talking about for 2021, the late week of September should be nuts with the Anniversary being October 1st.

I was there in June 2019 and September 2018. June was like being on the surface of the sun. It was in the 90s with a feel like temp of 108. No joke. I saw sweating from places I never thought possible. And it was crowded, literally walking right next to people at Magic Kingdom because it was so busy.

September was still hot but it was more muggy and humid. Crowds were much lower in September. Most rides were about a 10-15 minute wait. ( not counting FoP, 7D, Frozen ). Now if you're talking about for 2021, the late week of September should be nuts with the Anniversary being October 1st.
Thanks! 2021 seems to require a different strategy

As a Floridian, I avoid Disney at all costs in June and July due to the intense humid heat and large crowds. Not to mention, the typical afternoon storms. Last year, I went the last weekend of September and the weather was really nice. At the end of September, beginning of October is usually when we see cooler temperatures - meaning in the 70s or 80s instead of the 90s with less humidity. Crowds are lower during the week but packed on the weekends, and especially during the evening at Epcot because of F&W. As stated above, a trip during this time may be in the crosshairs of the 50th so expect crowds to be even higher!

Crowds will be tough to predict because it will dependent on the status of the virus as well as park and travel restrictions. If things keep improving, the summer and fall next year is inclined to be busy with people re-scheduling their trips from this year as well as visiting for the 50th anniversary. PP is correct that I think any anniversary festivities would occur in Fall, since the anniversary is in October, which may make late September busier than usual. September is also obviously later than June, so if people are re-scheduling far out in hopes of fewer restrictions by then, then September may be busier for that reason as well.

IMO, as someone who lives in NY and doesn't have to contend with extreme heat and humidity, both times are rough in terms of weather. I probably would rather do June because the humidity takes more of a toll on me which seems to be worse in September, and I loathe the daily downpours that seem more common in September. Often the rain can be brief, but we have had total washouts in September before. Its also peak time for hurricane season, whereas June would be towards the beginning of the season and is inclined to be less active. I can't say I've ever seen temps in the 70s and lower 80s in September like PP mentions. We went late October last year and it was still high 80s at that time. IMO, the difference in actual temperature between the two months is negligible.

IMO, as someone who lives in NY and doesn't have to contend with extreme heat and humidity, both times are rough in terms of weather. I probably would rather do June because the humidity takes more of a toll on me which seems to be worse in September, and I loathe the daily downpours that seem more common in September. Often the rain can be brief, but we have had total washouts in September before. Its also peak time for hurricane season, whereas June would be towards the beginning of the season and is inclined to be less active. I can't say I've ever seen temps in the 70s and lower 80s in September like PP mentions. We went late October last year and it was still high 80s at that time. IMO, the difference in actual temperature between the two months is negligible.
The weather at this time is all contingent on how active the hurricane season is. The past few have been pretty active, which is why it may feel hotter at times. Warm weather = warm waters = favorable conditions for hurricane formation. June 1 is the beginning of hurricane season and it lasts through November 30. This year's season actually started earlier with some forming before June 1. We're lucky right now because there's Saharan Dust hindering formation here for at least a little while and the humidity has gone down. Sometimes cool fronts do come and go at the end of September and throughout October, and November bringing less humidity. We don't have a real fall or winter, just sporadic chances of getting those cool fronts until the cold fronts arrive sporadically December-March. But it's very true - the actual difference really depends on how humid it is and the heat index. As someone who lives here year-round, I can definitely feel the difference but to someone who just comes to visit, it all probably just feels the same: hot! 😂

Sept is better because kids have gone back to school. Hotel prices are cheaper than June. Sept is still very hot and humid. But having less people is a plus

Last edited:

We go in June every year and usually in the middle of Sept.

I find June to be hotter as far as temps, but Sept is more humid.

Sept at night, the temp is down but the humidity is insane. I sweat so much in Sept!

We just plan for extreme heat and humidity and are happy when it's decent :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter