Jurassic Park Ride Changes. What do you want to see?

The Orange Bird

Life Finds a Way!
I sit here at work in my JP T-shirt like I do every Friday a bit sad.

As I'm sure you must be aware by now. Universal Studios Hollywood has confirmed that Jurassic Park - The Ride, will be undergoing changes. Now I know this is Hollywood but with the recent addition of Fast and Furious Supercharged to USF, and that being essentially a copy of the Hollywood version, I think we can assume that any changes that come to Hollywood could eventually make their way east to IOA. So, with that being said, what do you want to see with this attraction?

What I want to see.

Over the years, this attraction has showed its age. The outdoor sets and animatronics look incredibly faded from the sun. As bad as they look, their movements are slower and jerkier every time I ride and let’s be honest, that's when the effects are even working since most of the time they are not. So, one thing I hope they do, and I'm sure they will, is update the dinosaurs and make everything feel new and alive again. New paint goes a long way and there is no reason why the dinosaurs can’t have a greater range of motion with the technology we've seen lately. I'm not sure why this hasn't been done already but hey, better late than never.

What I DON'T want to see.

Please, Please, Please don't remove the animatronics and replace them with screens. I know Universal goes all in on the projection technology and it does look good, but the charm of this attraction is the physical characters in front of you. If they are going to make this into a Jurassic World attraction, which it sounds like they are with a specific mention of a new color scheme, please keep the animatronics. If they take a note from the Wizarding World by blending screens and physical elements like Forbidden Journey, they could truly have something special with a subject matter as incredible as Jurassic Park.

But these are just a few of my thoughts on this. What does everyone else think? Anything specific you want to see or hope they don't do? I'll link the article from Craig Williams below in case you haven't read it yet.

http://universal.wdwinfo.com/univer...-ride-in-hollywood-is-closing-this-september/

I don't mind the addition of some screens to enhance the experience but I also don't want them to totally remove the animatronics and not replace them with better animatronics.

OP,

If you follow the So California section of the Disboards, you will learn of changes for the Hollywood version of this ride
The west coast parks are not always duplicated for the east coast UO parks.

I would like to see them enclose the whole back stage section of the ride and add more exciting stuff in it. Currently nothing much happen once you start going up the lift hill. Just go up, turn around, T-rax, big drop, and that's it. Not too exciting to me.

The Orlando sentinel has an article up showing things are going to start happening in Orlando on June 1st, but nothing really officially announced other than the Jurassic World "Blue" raptor showing up in IOA soon.

It's a big demolition permit for the old Triceratops encounter area, which is a 1.36 acre plot. I'm not sure what this is for, rumors of a wooden coaster (or more likely a hybrid from Rocky Mountain Construction/RMC or Gravity Group) have been around before, but between this land and the land behind the Discovery Center, it could be a nice new ride even if its not the coaster.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-bz-universal-jurassic-park-20180510-story.html

which references the parkscope story here http://www.parkscope.net/2018/05/islands-of-adventure-jurassic-park.html

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter