• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jurassic Park ride Japan...

EmeraldRaptor

Mouseketeer
As most people know, the Jurassic Park rides at USF and USH have differences among them, with the one in USH haveing more animatronics and effects, and being more eye pleasing. With the one in USF having less efects and animatronics for the purposes of it not breaking down as much. What I would like to know is about the 3rd JP ride in Japan, what is it like? What are the differences between it and the one at USH and the one at USF?

ok, I found a difference. The ride at USH has a waterfall for the rex to come through, and the one at IOA has mist, well it seems the one at Japan has both.
jurassicpark.jpg

Two waterfalls on the side, and mist in the middle.

And a different coloration for the Ultrasaur
photo04.jpg

Still has the Psitacosaurs
photo05.jpg

The Hadrosaur
photo06.jpg

And very cool coloration for the compies
photo07.jpg

USJ's "Jurassic Park - The Ride" is most closely designed after IOA's "River Adventure." It's biggest difference is that it is an exact mirror image of IOA's.

In other words, if you were standing on the load platform facing the ride track, splashdown would be to your right and the boats would be dispatching to your left.

Most of the coloring in the attached photos is close to, if not identical to the coloring of IOA's dinos. Especially the new skins that most of IOA's dinos have already received.

The waterfall at the T-Rex is the broken pipe effect. The pipes are there at IOA and were used very very early during sneak previews. There's a number of issues still needed to be worked out as to why the broken pipes are still not used in the show - and honestly there are higher priority items that need to be "attacked" first.

Essentially, we worked some of the problems out in Japan we were dealing with here after opening, some we still deal with now. We are in the process of retrofitting some of these ideas into JPRR now.

Sounds great! I was really pleased with River Adventure when I went sunday, it was the first time out of 10 times that the Ultrasaur worked perfectly, I think.

hey ER did the eyes blink!!!! that poor guy must have been scared to death when he saw his new hide cause his eyes have stayed shut every since!!!!:smooth:

Could someone please tell me if Jurassic Park has a huge, scary drop at the end? I hate heights but want to go on this ride--it sounds so exciting!

Also--are there any roller coasters that aren't going 100 MPH with big drops. Seems like I'm missing alot by not going on all the rides but geez they are scary!

Any information would be great.

Thanks,

Scardycat:(

JPRA does have a drop and it is in the dark. It can seem scary because it feels like someone pulled the rug out from under you (you are distracted by something else) and you don't see the bottom until you nearly hit it.

As for coaster, I don't think any coaster goes 100 mph. Millennium Force runs at around 93 mph and Steel Dragon 2000 runs at 95.5 mph. The coasters at IOA generally run at 50-60 mph. You can also do the Nuthouse or Flying Unicorn, whose top speed runs around 30-40 mph (maybe even less).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter