"Jurassic World" = Disney World on steroids

Greg K.

Happy DVC Member, DIS Vet, and Catholic Deacon
For those who have seen this, the similarities are unmistakable: a theme park with a hub, a main thoroughfare lined with shops and eateries, abundant souvenirs, a monorail, on site hotels (including magic wristbands for admission!) and, yes, a monorail.

Unfortunately, I suspect Jurassic World's idea of "character meals" involves characters AS meals ...

I enjoyed the movie, but the Disney connection was especially fun. :earboy2:

Absolutely!! I love the "castle" at the end of "main street"!!! And the bronze statue of Hammond :) If only he had been holding the hand of a Compy :)

OMG, I couldn't believe that they had their own version of magic bands! I nearly choked in the theater when I saw that.

I had a little giggle too when they talked about what were essentially "magic bands" too.

Absolutely!! I love the "castle" at the end of "main street"!!! And the bronze statue of Hammond :) If only he had been holding the hand of a Compy

Yes he was definitely a "walt" type figure wasn't he. A dead visionary who left a park as a legacy. Everyone talks about his "original vision" during the movie just like Disney fans do with the parks.

A good movie for Disneyland references.

We noted all the Disney similarities too and I drooled when I saw the Pandora store. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter