Jussie Smollett's "Hate Crime"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink Partridge

DIS Veteran
So, it is looking more and more like Empire actor Jussie Smollett is involved with a hoax (flat out LIE) about his attack.

He screamed from the mountain tops that he was the victim of a hate crime because he was black and gay. He said even the police took their good old time coming to help a gay, black man.

That's actually when I became suspicious. He lied about that. He did not call the police for quite some time after the attack. And he also admits he told the police to turn off their body cams when they came to him.
He also refused to turn over his phone. A phone that he was on when he was attacked.

The news really ran with the hate crime angle. I hope he is arrested if proven that he lied about the incident.

Last edited:
So, it is looking more and more like Empire actor Jussie Smollett is involved with a hoax (flat out LIE) about his attack.

He screamed from the mountain tops that he was the victim of a hate crime because he was black and gay. He said even the police took their good old time coming to help a gay, black man.

That's actually when I became suspicious. He lied about that. He did not call the police for quite some time after the attack. And he also admits he told the police to turn off their body cams when they came to him.
He also refused to turn over his phone. A phone that he was on when he was attacked.

The news really ran with the hate crime angle. I hope he is arrested if proven that he lied about the incident.

MTE. I thought the media was making way too much out of it when it happened.

I saw part of Robin Roberts interview with him and thought it all very strange. And the fact that they jumped to interview him about it so soon. Just didn't make sense to me.

He just lawyered up.

I liked him on Empire.

However, I don't agree with arrest. If he did this as a hoax. He should pay for the man hours spent on his investigation.
Then perhaps have to wear a big ol sign saying he is a lying liar that lies for a day in Chicago.

He may be the Tawana Brawley 2.0

I'm thinking this is going to go nowhere fast. How about letting the process play itself out? Admittedly, I don't know this guy, don't watch the show, but thought his attack sounded awful. Almost simultaneously, there were doubts voiced on the internet. I saw an ugly mess coming a mile away, and it's a bummer to see it here.

I’m not really following the story but I do know the police released a statement saying he did hand over his phone, the story about him not doing that were false.

This thread is going to get very ugly and I hope it gets closed soon. The usual suspects will be around with their sheets and pointy hats and it will go downhill from there.

The last thing I’ll say, and I mean that, so if you quote me, don’t expect an answer because I don’t want points..is that it’s not like this story couldn’t happen..and hasn’t happened before.

do know the police released a statement saying he did hand over his phone, the story about him not doing that were false.
He didn't hand over the phone until he had redacted it heavily. He said he had private names and numbers on there that weren't important to the case and removed them. The police say that "now" there's nothing of interest on the phone.

I’m not really following the story but I do know the police released a statement saying he did hand over his phone, the story about him not doing that were false.

This thread is going to get very ugly and I hope it gets closed soon. The usual suspects will be around with their sheets and pointy hats and it will go downhill from there.

The last thing I’ll say, and I mean that, so if you quote me, don’t expect an answer because I don’t want points..is that it’s not like this story couldn’t happen..and hasn’t happened before.

I know you aren't going to answer, but if it turns out this whole story is false and some sort of hoax I sure hope you really aren't meaning to justify that because something like this could happen or has really happened before.

Last edited:

You are wrong. I watched him on TV say he refused to turn over the phone when asked for it. He did eventually turn over a heavily redacted PDF file of his phone bill TWO weeks later.

This thread is going to get very ugly and I hope it gets closed soon.

So, you post false information and then say this thread is going to get ugly and you hope it gets closed? Odd.

Why would this thread get ugly?

You are wrong. I watched him on TV say he refused to turn over the phone when asked for it. He did eventually turn over a heavily redacted PDF file of his phone bill TWO weeks later.

So, you post false information and then say this thread is going to get ugly and you hope it gets closed? Odd.

Why would this thread get ugly?

Not to mention "the usual suspects with their sheets and pointy hats" remark.

Remind me again who it is that is going to make this thread turn ugly ;)

(No response required.)
Of course, and those crimes are heinous. The real ones I mean. :sad2: Making up this story is pathetic and so disrespectful of real victims it makes me want to vomit. And throwing that MAGA twist in there really gilded the lily.

I know you aren't going to answer, but if it turns out this whole story is false and some sort of hoax I sure hope you really aren't meaning to justify that because something like this could happen or has really happened before.

No, if it’s false, it’s false.

(No response required.)
Of course, and those crimes are heinous. The real ones I mean. :sad2: Making up this story is pathetic and so disrespectful of real victims it makes me want to vomit. And throwing that MAGA twist in there really gilded the lily.

Totally agree with you. It’s gross to feed into peoples fears and assumptions, no matter who it comes from.

Last edited:
The investigation in to this just gets stranger and stranger.
The two brothers, who were the men on the surveillance video, were arrested and their apartment was raided, they removed bleach, a black face mask, a red hat and an Empire script (according to an article on cbsnews.com.
They were released without being charged and a Chicago PD spokesman said that the reason they were there is now central to this investigation and we can't get in to it at this time".
Their lawyer claims they have key evidence in the case.

This is all so strange.

The investigation in to this just gets stranger and stranger.
The two brothers, who were the men on the surveillance video, were arrested and their apartment was raided, they removed bleach, a black face mask, a red hat and an Empire script (according to an article on cbsnews.com.
They were released without being charged and a Chicago PD spokesman said that the reason they were there is now central to this investigation and we can't get in to it at this time".
Their lawyer claims they have key evidence in the case.

This is all so strange.
Jussie is friends with these brothers on social media. There is even a picture of Jussie posing with these brothers (his arms around both of them).

Oh, and it is being reported that these brothers (Jussie's buddies) did indeed purchase the white rope clothes line at ACE Hardware that Jussie had around his neck.

The injury to his face, to me, seemed self-inflicted. Right hand = right side of face. It was just too perfect. Not even messy.

Also claiming he was told, “This is MAGA country!”. Really? In Chicago??

I don’t see why he shouldn’t be held accountable if a hoax is confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter