Just a Couple of Childless (for the week) Millennials, Here to Ruin the Fun for Families *COMPLETED 1/5*

Uh-oa that’s a lot of drinks

Our Lyft driver dropped us off at the Polynesian, our goal was to get there right when Trader Sam’s opened, but that didn’t happen. Even by 3:30 it was standing room only.

We stood by the bar that is lower for the handicapped, and were prepared to move if someone in need came in. The bartender we had was great. He really put a lot into every drink’s performance, which was entertaining. I went with the Polynesian Pearl.

It was my perfect drink, Rum Chata, Grand Marnier, cinnamon and tropical juices. It was deceptively tasting like a non-alcoholic drink and I sucked it down quickly. They could be very dangerous if we had stayed.

Joe got the Shrunken Head Zombie. Sadly other than the Uh-Oa, Pearl, and Nautilus they were out of the souvenir glasses, so it just came in a regular glass.

I think Joe enjoyed it, I don’t remember. What we did enjoy was the atmosphere. Sadly, our feet were already in a lot of pain from the walking over that last day and a half, so we cashed out after one drink. We checked out Bou-Tiki. We loved all the Polynesian clothes, but those prices:scared1:. We still had an hour before dinner, so we went in search of more libations and a place to rest our tootsies. Tambu Lounge was calling our name. At 4 o’clock the bar was pretty empty, so getting a seat was no problem. I started with my favorite, the Lapu Lapu.

You can never go wrong with a drink in a pineapple. I don’t remember what Joe got but he enjoyed it.

Joe and I had a good time discussing all the up coming plans for our trip. It is so fun when you have the whole trip in front of you, full of possibilities.

Our second round of drinks I got the Pineapple Mana Wheat beer.

It didn’t have a strong pineapple taste, but if you enjoy wheat beers, which I do, you would enjoy this.

Joe got the Ace Pineapple Hard Cider, and he was in love.

Of course I needed a sip, and I instantly regretted my beer choice. It was basically a fizzy, alcoholic dole whip, yum. I wanted both.

For our third round of drinks, we both got the cider. I don’t know which I liked better, the strawberry or the pineapple, but I am officially a cider person now. After all the drinks we were both feeling quite good and ready for some food. I checked in to Ohana, Joe’s second surprise, and we sipped our drinks while we waited.

Once we were called back, we got seated at a nice two top with a view of Seven Seas Lagoon and the castle. We were both feeling pretty silly from all our drinks, so we had a fun dinner. We even noticed this guy, which I had never paid attention to before.

Dinner was amazing as always, but the service was spectacularly slow this evening. We were itching to get to MK by the end.

We ended the meal with the famous bread pudding and they brought some rice krispies as well, we didn’t know why. We later found out, when we saw our names pop up on the FP screen, that it was somehow still in the system that it was our 10 year anniversary, so maybe that is why:confused3? We were stuffed and couldn’t finish it all, but it was a perfect end to a fabulous meal. Also, all the food soaked up all the alcohol, so we had much more level heads heading into the parks. We took the monorail over to Magic Kingdom. First thing we had to do when we got in was take some pictures in front of the train station.

I am always unsure of how it will be entering MK for the first time each trip, but without fail I always cry, and this time was no exception.

Once I was tear free, we got more pictures on Main Street.

Wait times were pretty long at that point, so we decided just to wander.

We noticed the Tomorrowland sign was taken down, so we walked over there to check out all the changes to the land since last time.

We wanted to get on something, and the Peoplemover line was too long, so we opted for Carousel of Progress instead.

Two hidden Mickeys in one picture

John burned the turkey again, can you believe it, and we had a nice journey back through time. I wanted to get a picture of Joe with his Tomorrowland shirt.

The skies we looking quite ominous, but we had a fastpass to get to.

Last edited:
Sounds like a fun time at the Poly between drinks & dinner!

Love CoP, always a good choice when everything else is too crowded!

Ah...Trader Sams is on my bucket list for sure. I keep wanting to get there, and we go to the Polynesian a lot, but we never make it.

Those ciders sound delicious...I'm a huge cider fan too. However I also agree you can't go wrong with a drink in a pineapple and the Lapu Lapu never dissapoints.

I really hope to get to Trader Sam's one of these years! It may be a challenge with my non-drinking husband (and I'm not much of a drinker myself anymore), but I'd love to see the atmosphere!

Mmmmm… 'Ohana. :goodvibes

I'm going to miss the Tomorrowland sign! I'm glad I have pictures of it before it was gone. :sad1:

Very cool sounding trip and it’s making. Me want to go to the Void experience on my next trip.

It was my perfect drink, Rum Chata, Grand Marnier, cinnamon and tropical juices. It was deceptively tasting like a non-alcoholic drink and I sucked it down quickly. They could be very dangerous if we had stayed.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I've seen the description and I keep thinking I'm not sure about the cinnamon... but then I'll drink Fireball, so I'd probably be fine with it.
Joe got the Shrunken Head Zombie. Sadly other than the Uh-Oa, Pearl, and Nautilus they were out of the souvenir glasses, so it just came in a regular glass.
Too bad there wasn't a special glass, but at least you both got to go in and get the experience of being there and seeing the bartenders in action.
I think Joe enjoyed it, I don’t remember.
That Pearl really was strong! :drinking1
Of course I needed a sip, and I instantly regretted my beer choice. It was basically a fizzy, alcoholic dole whip, yum. I wanted both.
Sounds good!
Once we were called back, we got seated at a nice two top with a view of Seven Seas Lagoon and the castle. We were both feeling pretty silly from all our drinks, so we had a fun dinner.
That sounds pretty amazing. I mean, some adult time, no kids, have a few drinks, enjoy a nice relaxing meal. You're doing it right.
We wanted to get on something, and the Peoplemover line was too long
I can't think of a time where I've ever seen this statement. :rotfl2:

That's very sad :sad2: I read that in another TR also. I hope they have more by March!

I started with my favorite, the Lapu Lapu.

Yummy! I have always wanted to try this but I seem to always forget about it!

Trader Sam's, 'Ohana and MK…what a fun combo!

Sounds like a fun time at the Poly between drinks & dinner!

Love CoP, always a good choice when everything else is too crowded!
We learned the value of those theater type attractions on this trip for sure.

Ah...Trader Sams is on my bucket list for sure. I keep wanting to get there, and we go to the Polynesian a lot, but we never make it.

Those ciders sound delicious...I'm a huge cider fan too. However I also agree you can't go wrong with a drink in a pineapple and the Lapu Lapu never dissapoints.
If you can make the time Trader Sam’s is well worth it, even for a short time like we did.
I love everything pineapple hence the drinks 😂

I really hope to get to Trader Sam's one of these years! It may be a challenge with my non-drinking husband (and I'm not much of a drinker myself anymore), but I'd love to see the atmosphere!

Mmmmm… 'Ohana. :goodvibes

I'm going to miss the Tomorrowland sign! I'm glad I have pictures of it before it was gone. :sad1:
You could always gets apps and then still enjoy the atmosphere. I love the old Tomorrowland, it’s my favorite land, but so far I’m happy with the changes.

Very cool sounding trip and it’s making. Me want to go to the Void experience on my next trip.
The void is awesome, hopefully you can squeeze it in, it took under an hour for the whole experience.

That Pearl really was strong! :drinking1
:rotfl2:
Sounds good!
It was so good, we may or may not have purchased multiple 6-packs since we’ve been home.

That sounds pretty amazing. I mean, some adult time, no kids, have a few drinks, enjoy a nice relaxing meal. You're doing it right.
We were living the dream, it was so nice to slow down and just enjoy.

Yummy! I have always wanted to try this but I seem to always forget about it!

Trader Sam's, 'Ohana and MK…what a fun combo!
Oh no you must remember next time, they’re so good.

What a fun way to start your evening. I LOVE Ace Pineapple Cider- DH likes to surprise me with it when he finds it locally. I love all ciders, but that is a favorite!

Those drinks at the Poly look amazing!
They were so yummy.

What a fun way to start your evening. I LOVE Ace Pineapple Cider- DH likes to surprise me with it when he finds it locally. I love all ciders, but that is a favorite!
What a nice hubby, we found it here, and while it's pricey it's nice to have in the fridge for a mental escape to the Poly every once in awhile.

Look, new Space Balls

Our fastpass was for Big Thunder, which we had grabbed earlier. I was able to get a Pirates for immediately after while we were in line to get on BTMRR.

We’re ready for the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness.

We made it up the first hill, and when we exited the mine it was pouring rain. It was a very fun, but wet ride through the wilderness. When we got off, we donned our ponchos and adventured off to our next fastpass.

We used our FP for Pirates, and grabbed one for Jungle Cruise next.

Yo ho you ho, a pirates life for us.

The gift shop at the exit was packed to the gills with people, but we pushed on. When we got to Jungle Cruise, we stepped in a huge puddle of water and got completely soaked, and realized Jungle Cruise was down. For some reason I was thinking it could run in the rain because of the covered boats, but I was wrong. Thankfully, our trek over there was not for nothing because now we had an any time fastpass, and a chance to dry off in the Tiki Room.

While in the Tiki Room, I was on a refresh mission to get a good fastpass. It was already 8:00, so there wasn’t much left, but I was able to snag a Buzz Lightyear for a little later. We had some time after The Tiki Room, and Haunted Mansion said it was a 25 minute wait, so we walked over there. The rain had calmed down quite a bit at that point, but the park had cleared out:cool1:.

Our 25 minute wait for Haunted Mansion was only 15 minutes, and soon we were being scared by 999 happy haunts.

We noticed that the “hidden” Mickey in the ball room scene was gone. I used quotes because when we were on the Keys to the Kingdom tour in 2016, our tour guide told us that there is a diagram that shows how the table should be set and the hidden Mickey should not be there. Cast members just go in and rearrange it sometimes. We’ve never not seen the Mickey, but I guess it was back to it’s proper setting. When we got off HM, the rain had stopped, but there was some crazy lightning. I tried to get a picture, but failed.

We used our FP for Buzz, and I beat Joe!

Our on ride picture is me rubbing it in his face :rotfl2:

All the outdoor rides were still down due to the lightning, so we decided to use our anytime fastpass for Space.

When we got off we could hear people giggling at our picture, which made me quite proud.

Last time we were there, the exit to SM was being worked on, so this was our first time seeing the new version. We missed the moving walkway of course, but I did enjoy the new part as well. I noticed that they kept the theme they have in the queue area to fill the floor under the walkway with balls and I said “oh look new space balls”:lmao:. It's the little things, right? There was only a few minutes left until park closing, so we raced over to the Peoplemover for one last ride.

I guess the lightning hide finally calmed down, because we heard Happily Ever After start.

I am one happy girl when I am riding the Peoplemover

Once our grand circle tour was over, I ran over to the hub, to catch the end of Happily Ever After.

It was not a perfect view, but for the first time ever, I was able to see the projections and the fireworks at the same time, so I was happy.

Even though I do not like Happily Ever After as much as Wishes, because I don’t feel the same emotional pull from it, I did tear up. I just think I was so happy, and it had been the perfect day, and this was the perfect ending.

We didn’t stick around for the Kiss Goodnight, we were too tired. We caught the bus back to CSR and Facetimed with the boys before going to bed.

Last edited:
That's too bad that you got caught in the rain on BTMRR! You certainly didn't let it slow you down as you managed to pack a lot of fun and attractions into your evening!

Your picture on Space Mountain is great! :rotfl: I will miss the moving walkway - it was one of my favorite attraction exits!

Your picture of HEA is AMAZING!

Our time at the Poly definitely does sound similar!

All of your drinks at Tambu sound delicious. We may have to add that as a stop on our next trip.

Love your Buzz ride photo- that's 100% what my face will look like if I ever manage to win lol

The gift shop at the exit was packed to the gills with people, but we pushed on. When we got to Jungle Cruise, we stepped in a huge puddle of water and got completely soaked, and realized Jungle Cruise was down. For some reason I was thinking it could run in the rain because of the covered boats, but I was wrong. Thankfully, our trek over there was not for nothing because now we had an any time fastpass, and a chance to dry off in the Tiki Room.
Really, that worked out nicely then! Gotta love those anytime FPs. You really did a great job of making the most of that rolling "4th" FP!
We had some time after The Tiki Room, and Haunted Mansion said it was a 25 minute wait, so we walked over there. The rain had calmed down quite a bit at that point, but the park had cleared out:cool1:.
Ahh... the wonderful feeling of a less crowded park after the rain scares everyone off. That's my favorite time!
Our on ride picture is me rubbing it in his face :rotfl2:
You don't see very many good pictures on Buzz Lightyear. But this is definitely one of them!
When we got off we could hear people giggling at our picture, which made me quite proud.
Your on ride picture game was strong that night!
Even though I do not like Happily Ever After as much as Wishes, because I don’t feel the same emotional pull from it, I did tear up. I just think I was so happy, and it had been the perfect day, and this was the perfect ending.
You guys really had an awesome day. And again, it is clear to tell that you were having a great time from the pictures!

Following along!

I'm glad you really liked Toledo. I'm eating there in December and was unsure about it, but I would probably end up getting your dish and it looked good!

ah... a fellow people mover lover... to be among my people... PS so jealous of your t-shirt!

What a great day at MK for sure. So glad you got as much done as you did. I also miss Wishes but the new show is starting to grow on me a little bit.

Sad you didn't get to ride Splash Mountain. It's been our go-to end of the night ride for our last few trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter