Just a few words I’d like to say about the show...

TresGriffin

Mouseketeer
I want to say something about DIS Unplugged and I really hope the whole crew sees this (as its mainly addressed to them):

Thank y’all for all you do! I really appreciate the hard work that goes into putting this show on and putting out content on a regular basis.

This is going to sound cheesy, but in a way, I think of everyone involved as what my favorite talk show host Wendy Williams would call “friends in my head”. What I mean by that is with all the crap one tends to deal with on a daily basis: stressful workdays, traffic, bills, and the chaos in the world, y’all really provide me with an reprieve from it. I’m sure I speak for most people on this forum when I say that y’all do an excellent job at making us all feel like you’ve invited us to join you instead of just throwing content at us.

I fell in love with going to Walt Disney World this past September when I went on a solo trip, essentially on a whim, to go to the Food and Wine Festival, something I had always wanted to do. I stumbled on DIS Unplugged while doing some research on the festival at “The University of YouTube” and was immediately taken in by the food reviews being a huge foodie myself, which then led to me watching some of the prior discussion shows before eventually catching them live, as well as the food reviews I’ve love so much.

So, I just want to say thank y’all for allowing me and all of your fans of the channel on YouTube and podcasts a chance to take a few minutes out of our day to live the magic vicariously through y’all.

hDE56D0B2

Same.

Could not agree with you more. I found the Dis Unplugged a little over a year ago trying to find a review on POP Century as it was my first trip since I was 5 and the first ever for my husband so I had little to no knowledge on anything. It was around the same time they released one of their 7 in 7 and luckily POP was one of them. I've been hooked ever since. I don't really watch TV shows because having 2 young kids makes it almost impossible to hear key storylines. So it's sports, trash reality TV and the Dis Unplugged for me.

I definitely think of them as friends I've never met, which sounds kind of crazy, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. You put it so perfectly that they're the escape from the real world for so many. I seriously get so mad when I read YouTube comments or even board posts criticizing them because I think they all work so hard and all seem so nice that I just don't understand why someone feels the need to bring someone down for no other reason than to just be nasty. Plus it then pulls me out of the reason I'm watching like stated above it's an escape for many so when you see nastiness in the comments it ruins it and breaks that bubble I'm trying so desperately hard to stay in.

This was so nice to read. Thank you.
When I opened the thread I expected a BUT and then a rant about something or other. But no, it was a straight up praise post.

I have met several of them and they are exactly what they seem like on the show. Except for Pete! He "seems" grumpy but he is not. He has the biggest most gorgeous smile and is a lovely person. Truly a warm and sweet guy.

Your post is exactly what I've been thinking!

I have been listening to The DisUnplugged for years and it feels as though each member of the cast has been there for me every time I needed them. I've been especially appreciative of the podcasts since starting my new job and having a lot of downtime and anxiety in regards to my unfamiliar surroundings. Simply putting on the latest episode of the news or The Best and Worst show puts me at ease and excites me for the trips back to WDW I hope to take in the future. Thank you to the cast for always making us feel at home, and thank you to YOU @TresGriffin for such a heartwarming and resonating post!

I agree! I struggle a lot with anxiety disorder, and have had a TERRIBLE winter/spring for several reasons. Disney has always been my go-to happy place to relax and unwind from my anxiety ever since I was a young child (I have had anxiety from a very early age) and it's like they bring it to me when I can't be there in person. I realized that watching the shows/listening to the episodes really relaxes me and I find a lot of enjoyment in it. It's funny - I wanted to reach out to them and tell them how much I really do appreciate them, and then I saw this thread. I really appreciate all they do, all of their hard work, and I love how easy it is to relate to them.

I want to say something about DIS Unplugged and I really hope the whole crew sees this (as its mainly addressed to them):

Thank y’all for all you do! I really appreciate the hard work that goes into putting this show on and putting out content on a regular basis.

This is going to sound cheesy, but in a way, I think of everyone involved as what my favorite talk show host Wendy Williams would call “friends in my head”. What I mean by that is with all the crap one tends to deal with on a daily basis: stressful workdays, traffic, bills, and the chaos in the world, y’all really provide me with an reprieve from it. I’m sure I speak for most people on this forum when I say that y’all do an excellent job at making us all feel like you’ve invited us to join you instead of just throwing content at us.

I fell in love with going to Walt Disney World this past September when I went on a solo trip, essentially on a whim, to go to the Food and Wine Festival, something I had always wanted to do. I stumbled on DIS Unplugged while doing some research on the festival at “The University of YouTube” and was immediately taken in by the food reviews being a huge foodie myself, which then led to me watching some of the prior discussion shows before eventually catching them live, as well as the food reviews I’ve love so much.

So, I just want to say thank y’all for allowing me and all of your fans of the channel on YouTube and podcasts a chance to take a few minutes out of our day to live the magic vicariously through y’all.
So True and nicely said.
The Whole Dis crew and all the people behind the scenes like the webmasters, mods and everyone that has something to do with the Dis and the boards.
2022 can't come quick enough for me. That's when im going. Need to save up because it's so expensive and getting more so now.
Disney World is my happy place and this is my fix when i can't go. Little piece of my happy place!
Thanks everyone.
Alweasel

I agree! I struggle a lot with anxiety disorder, and have had a TERRIBLE winter/spring for several reasons. Disney has always been my go-to happy place to relax and unwind from my anxiety ever since I was a young child (I have had anxiety from a very early age) and it's like they bring it to me when I can't be there in person. I realized that watching the shows/listening to the episodes really relaxes me and I find a lot of enjoyment in it. It's funny - I wanted to reach out to them and tell them how much I really do appreciate them, and then I saw this thread. I really appreciate all they do, all of their hard work, and I love how easy it is to relate to them.
I can certainly identify with this! I went through a LONG period of very hard times at work, and would watch the podcast during my lunch hours to help me make it through my days. After that, I used it to "escape" mentally from a very challenging living situation that I had to go through for several years. The podcast literally pulled me through some VERY heavy days for a very long time, and that's part of the reason I became so "personally bonded" to these people that didn't even know I existed, and yet they were making my life just a little bit more "do-able". That is why I will forever be thankful, and I've tried to convey that many times before, but all the words in the world will never be enough. Truly. You never know how much of an impact you may have on another life. (This also applies to quite a few of my fellow posters, BTW, as I "used" the boards much the same way).

I could not say it better. Thank you for a wonderful post.

Yes to all of the above.

I've been listening to the podcast since the beginning and they helped through some tough times when I was isolated and alone with small children.

The transition from Audio to video was hard and if it wasn't for the food pictures during F&W I'd probably still be just audio.

Was so awesome seeing Ferris on the show yesterday! Wonder if he still calls Craig "Mr. Something"? I think it was Mr. Pearson, or something like that, and I always got a chuckle out of that. Craig/Corey mentioned it on a show a long time ago.

I also loved seeing Ferris...he made my day! Hopefully he will have a return visit before school starts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!