Just another girlie trip... Dec 8 to 11

giuly09

it made me feel like i was the queen....
Hiya folks, here is a short trip report of our girle trip to the Magic – Dec 8 to 11

Cast:

me, Giulia – 54 years old but a teen at heart

Mum, Lucia, 76 years old but a teen at heart

20161208_132205_zpsn0kvvcf7.jpg

We left on Dec 8 early morning as our flight was 7.35, we left Pisa (Italy) perfectly on time and landed in Beauvais after a 1.30 flight. We met the RS shuttle almost immediately and arrived in DLRP after about another 1 hour 30.

We had booked a Golden Forest Club room and so could check in at the separate reception, our room was not ready but we left our luggage there to be brought directly to our room and headed our way to the park through the village… first stop… Earl of Sandwich for a snack as we were very hungry and then with our tummies full.. Main Park here we are!! Now, it was busier than I expected it to be, queues for the meets and greets were horrible, we were lucky enough to join the Marie one but that was the only character we could meet.. On Sunday just to entry the Studios at 10.30 took half an hour of an horrible push push queue.

To cut it short… the park is on refurbishment as we all know and IMO this spoils a bit the Christmas atmosphere (it was way better in January this year I mean..) but parades and decorations even though the same of the previous years are very very beautiful and enjoyable.

Same for Dreams, I know some of you don’t like this version but I think it’s just lovely, and the ceremony of the Christmas tree.

Attractions… EMH apart, queues were pretty long, I was not able to ride Crush (solo queue more than 60 mins) and Ratatouille (not my fave one anyway as it makes me sick..) , I used the two Hotel Fastpass (valid only for the day and one attraction each) for ToT and RnR Coaster or it would had been another 60 minutes each to ride.

We ate at Bistrot Chez Remy on Friday and had the Emile menu with wine and loved it!! A different wine for each course the last one being Champagne with the dessert. Annette as good as always, Fish and Chips at Toad hall great, a special mention to the Redwood Café and its Red Glowtini, we loved it, even more as we decided to have chicken wings and a choice of three cheeses to go with lol

The Golden Forest Club Room was the same room as the ones I had had before (same size, same services), it’s good to have a separate breakfast room with a cooked choice (bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs, pancakes, potatoes) , we did not use the afternoon snack as we were in the parks so I am not so sure if it is *really* worth the extra price..

Now, about RS Transports.. I had always used them and had no problems but this time, on way back, the driver texted me to say it would had been half an hour late but that would not had affected our trip. It did as we got stuck in traffic arrived late at the airport and had to rush through security to get to the gate on time. Just to say we were not able to stop at the toilet either..

Forgot to say Saturday was a blackout date of our Fantasy Passport but were told we could had got into the park no problem as we were staying in a Disney Hotel, we had anyway decided to go to Paris City that day and had a Parisienne girlie day, we had planned to stop at Angelina for a cake and another glass of Champagne but no, the queue was horrible again and so we could only had a hot chocolate on the go…

Back to Italy on Sunday night and to reality… with my mind already to next trip to be planned for 2017 and see the park celebrating its 25th!!

Here is the link to all our pics if you want to have a look on your spare time ;)

http://s132.photobucket.com/user/giuly09/dlrp e paris 2016/story

Last edited:
Sounds like you had nice, if very busy trip - I agree that the renovations do spoil things a bit, but the park always looks so nice when everything I fresh so I suppose it has to happen at some time.

Love your photos of Marie - I loved meeting her too.

SLGF sounds nice too.

Thanks for posting :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!