Just arrived @ FW, fridge stopped, RV mechanic

John VN

N.Y. STYLE CHEESECAKE RULES!!!
Went to our site and somebody was in it. :headache: Called and got new site so we found it, parked, hooked up and fridge throws a code. NOT WORKING. Any recommendations from you-all for a good mobile mechanic from experience???

TIA

p.s.- got some numbers from front desk but wondering if there is a Fort Favorite?

The front desk has a list. Frank's seems to honest, reasonable and reliable. We have not used him ourselves but our friends have.

The front desk has a list. Frank's seems to honest, reasonable and reliable. We have not used him ourselves but our friends have.

Thanks much. DW scrounged around and located his business card from the one time we used him long - LONG AGO. Just couldn't remember who it was BUT in the interim I did a you-tube search and found a video on a possible fix for the code that was flashing. Tried it and IT WORKED!!!! :jumping1:

My fridge going nuts worries me to death. Seriously considering changing it out with a residential model.
Glad you got it fixed!!

Glad you got it working, Many times when mine switch from propane while traveling to electric when we plug in, It will throw a code. I always just shut it off for about 10 minutes, then turn back on and it works again.
we used A-Mobile Maintenance for an electrical issue one year, they did a great job 678-574-7539

Last edited:
John,

Glad to hear your fridge is working again. Summertime at the Fort is not the time to be consuming warm gatorades or coca-colas.

Stay cool and have a great trip.

Bama Ed

My fridge going nuts worries me to death. Seriously considering changing it out with a residential model.
Glad you got it fixed!!

Residential is so much safer since no propane concerns.

Glad you got it working, Many times when mine switch from propane while traveling to electric when we plug in, It will throw a code. I always just shut it off for about 10 minutes, then turn back on and it works again.
we used A-Mobile Maintenance for an electrical issue one year, they did a great job 678-574-7539

Was also hoping down time might allow for a reset but no such luck. Once the internal switch is tripped, it does not want to un-trip itself.

John,

Glad to hear your fridge is working again. Summertime at the Fort is not the time to be consuming warm gatorades or coca-colas.

Stay cool and have a great trip.

Bama Ed

Hi Ed, 9PM and still cooling, :worship: , BUT have the ice I bought in a cooler on stand-by just in case. Keeping inside the RV nice and cool with a heavy cover over the cooler so almost no thawing since purchasing 12 hours ago. Added 2 - 12V computer fans inside the fridge to circulate the air

Be well all.

Similar problem in past. Fridge didn't actually change from gas to shore power when plugged in even though it said it had. Was told by manufacture to never trust it, always after reconnecting to shore power run fridge off x10 seconds then turn back on.

Have a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!