Just back - 1-7 to 1-12-2018

tsme

DIS Veteran
We had a great trip. We stayed at BC. Our room was ready when we got there. The maid service was spotty. We had to call down for things that should’ve been in the room & for things that should be replaced daily. And they turned off the water one night & for our last 2 days the water was rusty/dirty colored. It even discolored the washing towel.

The crowds were higher than we expected but manageable. The weather was nice. We did see 1 large tour group, but we quickly went the other way.

The highlight of our trip was KTTK tour. It was fantastic, so glad we got to do it.

The lowlight of our trip was TUtto Italia. The service wasn’t good, the food wasn’t good, & it was the only place I wasn’t allowed to order off the kid’s menu.

The arts festival started our last day. It made Epcot more crowded that night and there were more buzzed people. An older guy on a scooter was flying around with a beer in one hand, trying to control he’s speeding vehicle with the other. A tad scary at night.

And lastly, dogs in every park! We saw dogs (not service) in every park we went to. Mini schnauzer, mini poodle mix, shaggy dog, and even a young pit bull that had on a pink tee with a rope muzzle around its mouth. The last one was at MK with a group of preteen girls. It was losing its mind during the fireworks. I don’t understand how all these dogs that are obviously not service dogs are being let in. There were also a lot (more than usual) large service dogs in the parks too. It’s easy to tell the difference by the behavior.

All together we had a Wonderful time & will be back later this year.
If anyone has any questions I’ll try to answer them. Thx for reading.

Last edited:
Could you go into a little more detail about what was wrong with the service and food at Tuttu Italia? Also, was the restaurant busy?

And lastly, dogs in every park! We saw dogs (not service) in every park we went to. Mini schnauzer, mini poodle mix, shaggy dog, and even a young pit bull that had on a pink tee with a rope muzzle around its mouth. The last one was at MK with a group of preteen girls. It was losing its mind during the fireworks. I don’t understand how all these dogs that are obviously not service dogs are being let in.
I also noticed this on my most recent trip. They are being let in because Disney has not been asking even the questions they are legally allowed to ask ("what service is the dog trained to perform?").

Isn't Goofy a dog?
hahaha!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:LOL..... OMG! Here we go! Is Goofy a dog?!! Why does he talk? :scratchin And Pluto doesn't??!! :rotfl::rotfl::lmao::lmao:

An older guy on a scooter was flying around with a beer in one hand, trying to control he’s speeding vehicle with the other.
:rotfl:Sorry, but this made me LOL! :rotfl: I had visions of a jet fueled scooter crashing into people!
Hopefully he didn't run into anyone!

Could you go into a little more detail about what was wrong with the service and food at Tuttu Italia? Also, was the restaurant busy?

Our server was rushing thru everything and just not very nice. We ate dinner right when it opened & since I had never been there I wanted to quickly snap a couple of photos before it became full. As I passed a group of waiters standing around doing nothing in a doorway, I said excuse me to pass, & received eye rolls. The food: we both ordered spaghetti & meatballs. It was very bland & the meatballs were tough. When I tried to cut them, sticking my fork in one then using the knife, the meatballs tried to roll away. Made me sing to myself the “on top of spaghetti” song. Lol

Can the dogs go on the rides, if so do they need a fast pass? LOL

I did actually see a dog in a que for a ride at a MK. I don’t remember which one it was but remember thinking “are they going to do a child swap for the dog?” .

Do people with service dogs need to have some sort of doctors note?

As far as I know I don’t think so and I don’t think anyone is ever asked if the dogs are even really serve dogs. The dogs that were obviously service dogs (well behaved & focused) all had vests, that I saw.

Personally I would love to have my little dogs with me at all times. I have extreme anxiety & they make me feel better. BUT I would never bring them to a place like Disney. First they’re spoiled little hairy people, so would want to smell everything & everyone. Second, it wouldn’t be fair to them to expose them a place that has such loud noises, etc, causing them stress. I really felt bad for the young pitty during the fireworks. It obviously stressed.

Glad the weather was good for you. We’ll be down in two weeks. Mind sharing what you wore to help me pack? Layers? Sweaters? Hats, gloves? Thanks!

We had a great trip. We stayed at BC. Our room was ready when we got there. The maid service was spotty. We had to call down for things that should’ve been in the room & for things that should be replaced daily. And they turned off the water one night & for our last 2 days the water was rusty/dirty colored. It even discolored the washing towel.

The crowds were higher than we expected but manageable. The weather was nice. We did see 1 large tour group, but we quickly went the other way.

The highlight of our trip was KTTK tour. It was fantastic, so glad we got to do it.

The lowlight of our trip was TUtto Italia. The service wasn’t good, the food wasn’t good, & it was the only place I wasn’t allowed to order off the kid’s menu.

The arts festival started our last day. It made Epcot more crowded that night and there were more buzzed people. An older guy on a scooter was flying around with a beer in one hand, trying to control he’s speeding vehicle with the other. A tad scary at night.

And lastly, dogs in every park! We saw dogs (not service) in every park we went to. Mini schnauzer, mini poodle mix, shaggy dog, and even a young pit bull that had on a pink tee with a rope muzzle around its mouth. The last one was at MK with a group of preteen girls. It was losing its mind during the fireworks. I don’t understand how all these dogs that are obviously not service dogs are being let in. There were also a lot (more than usual) large service dogs in the parks too. It’s easy to tell the difference by the behavior.

All together we had a Wonderful time & will be back later this year.
If anyone has any questions I’ll try to answer them. Thx for reading.
small dogs can be a service dog alerting to a medical problem before signs show. friend has a sheltie that alerts her family before she shows signs. follows her everywhere as it is trained to do and goes to get family member if it senses attack coming on

Glad the weather was good for you. We’ll be down in two weeks. Mind sharing what you wore to help me pack? Layers? Sweaters? Hats, gloves? Thanks!

I brought with me a thin jacket, jeans, short sleeve tees, a couple of long sleeve tees, & some dresses for when it was warm. So a bit of everything.

I wore jeans, capris and shorts, along with short sleeve tshirts, fleece and a hoodie. I packed some of everything, because I didn't know what the weather was going to be.

Not sure how I feel about the dog part of this. I’m a huge animal lover, have always had cats, dogs, grew up riding horses. I do think however that people should be asked to confirm a dog they are bringing in is a service dog. It wouldn’t be good if there was ever an accident involving someone’s pet. Not to mention the last thing dogs need is to be all stressed out by an environment like that (as pps mentioned).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!