Just back - 1-7 to 1-12-2018

We were there 8 days at all 4 parks and I must say I remember seeing one dog inside the parks...this was 2 weeks ago. I also saw one service dog at The Wave while we ate lunch. If these dogs are not bothering anyone I really don't understand the problem.

We were there 8 days at all 4 parks and I must say I remember seeing one dog inside the parks...this was 2 weeks ago. I also saw one service dog at The Wave while we ate lunch. If these dogs are not bothering anyone I really don't understand the problem.
All it takes is one little kid to go up to a stressed out dog for something bad to happen. I’m hoping there really aren’t people out there who would say a dog is a service dog if it really isn’t but who knows anymore.

They aren't a problem - until they bother/bite someone, more than likely a child.

How do you know they aren’t bothering anyone? I know my 2 year old- who doesn’t like dogs- would not be comfortable eating lunch next to one. So you are just assuming they aren’t bothering anyone.

And obviously if it was a service dog that is a different story. Even though I think a lot of people are taking advantage of that nowadays.

We saw something like this at Six Flags where someone had a very obviously not service dog with them. I’m sure this will go on until there’s a problem and some child is given a life long fear of dogs (or worse). The pit concerns me. I volunteered at an animal shelter for ten years. I love animals. And there are some absolutely wonderful pits out there. But a lot of them come from really bad backgrounds. Seeing a stressed out pitbull that was not clearly identified as a service dog at Disney would send me straight to GS to complain.

I’m assuming this is unintended outcome from the pet friendly rooms.

We had a great trip. We stayed at BC. Our room was ready when we got there. The maid service was spotty. We had to call down for things that should’ve been in the room & for things that should be replaced daily. And they turned off the water one night & for our last 2 days the water was rusty/dirty colored. It even discolored the washing towel.

The crowds were higher than we expected but manageable. The weather was nice. We did see 1 large tour group, but we quickly went the other way.

The highlight of our trip was KTTK tour. It was fantastic, so glad we got to do it.

The lowlight of our trip was TUtto Italia. The service wasn’t good, the food wasn’t good, & it was the only place I wasn’t allowed to order off the kid’s menu.

The arts festival started our last day. It made Epcot more crowded that night and there were more buzzed people. An older guy on a scooter was flying around with a beer in one hand, trying to control he’s speeding vehicle with the other. A tad scary at night.

And lastly, dogs in every park! We saw dogs (not service) in every park we went to. Mini schnauzer, mini poodle mix, shaggy dog, and even a young pit bull that had on a pink tee with a rope muzzle around its mouth. The last one was at MK with a group of preteen girls. It was losing its mind during the fireworks. I don’t understand how all these dogs that are obviously not service dogs are being let in. There were also a lot (more than usual) large service dogs in the parks too. It’s easy to tell the difference by the behavior.

All together we had a Wonderful time & will be back later this year.
If anyone has any questions I’ll try to answer them. Thx for reading.

Thanks for the update - I was curious about the MK wait times now that it's post-holiday. Were there a lot of large tour groups? - I hear that January & July are huge months for that.

My best friend and I stayed at BC several years ago (we had rooms on different floors) & we were both shocked about the spotty housekeeping. She couldn't believe how dusty it was behind/under the beds.

Yep, I feel like the bad reviews I have read at Trip Advisor keep me from trying Tutto. If I'm in Italy I would do Via Napoli again though.

I've been reading about the increased presence of dogs on other boards. I'm not a huge fan of the policy as my daughter and myself are very afraid of dogs. I agree with other posters that it's an accident waiting to happen.

I think it's important to clarify service / working dogs who have had extensive amounts of training (I went to college with a visually impaired man and his dog was always amazingly behaved, we were not allowed to pet him as his owner said that he was working. The dog was a huge help to him.) I don't think that these service dogs are the dogs that people are concerned about. (I remember watching a news segment on it last spring where it was reported that there are a lot of ways to "buy" a service dog paper, they had secretly videotaped a chiropractor who was charging $300. for it and the undercover woman who was filming it was basically saying she wanted the paper for traveling convenience, not for anxiety. :mad:)

I think we all have seen an increase in the presence of service dogs. At JFK last August, I've never seen as many dogs there in my life! My mom flew twice last year with someone who had a service dog sitting next to her. She loved it as she's a huge fan of dogs, but I wonder what they would do on fully booked flights if someone like myself who is very afraid of dogs is seated next to that person. :worried:

We just got back from 1/6 to 1/13 vacation and stayed at AoA and hit the parks each day.. Sorry but some of the previous posters are totally overreacting to the dogs.

Sure we saw what were clearly service dogs but no more then in years past. AoA is now dog friendly and we saw maybe two the whole week. Screaming kids were more an issue then any dog at the parks or hotel.

Everyone needs to relax.

And lastly, dogs in every park! We saw dogs (not service) in every park we went to. Mini schnauzer, mini poodle mix, shaggy dog, and even a young pit bull that had on a pink tee with a rope muzzle around its mouth. The last one was at MK with a group of preteen girls. It was losing its mind during the fireworks. I don’t understand how all these dogs that are obviously not service dogs are being let in. There were also a lot (more than usual) large service dogs in the parks too. It’s easy to tell the difference by the behavior.

All together we had a Wonderful time & will be back later this year.
If anyone has any questions I’ll try to answer them. Thx for reading.
How does Disney expect to ensure safety like this? According to the rules only service dogs are allowed. People lying out of their butts just make it tougher on everyone else, especially if they have a dog that really can't handle things or is potentially violent. I think Disney allowing dogs in a few resorts was an attempt to respond to the issue but apparently it hasn't made things better. They need to do more, like asking the standard questions.

I'll say it again, if anyone sees any obviously non-service dog (easy to tell by how it's acting), IMMEDIATELY tell the first CM you can find and they'll get security on it. Such things are unacceptable. It's important that people remember about park rules, that security exists to enforce these rules, that it's a misdemeanor in FL to misrepresent as a service animal, and our ability to sue if attacked.

Last edited:
We just got back from 1/6 to 1/13 vacation and stayed at AoA and hit the parks each day.. Sorry but some of the previous posters are totally overreacting to the dogs.

Sure we saw what were clearly service dogs but no more then in years past. AoA is now dog friendly and we saw maybe two the whole week. Screaming kids were more an issue then any dog at the parks or hotel.

Everyone needs to relax.
Screaming children are to be expected at Disney...dogs not so much...

we were at BC, too! the 6th-13th! i did not care for the resort. the crowds from the marathon lasted longer than i expected and the conventioneers that arrived thursday and friday! my word! Looks like I'm gonna have to find a different week to go next year....

Until someone gets seriously hurt..dogs are not people and should not be at theme parks.

Well you can boycott but not spending your money with Disney anymore.. But lets be fair, you are a drop in the bucket and it won’t matter..

You are beating a dead equine..

Well we were there over xmas and I have a blind daughter with a guide dog.. we weren't looking for other dogs but other dogs found us. Four times, while working, her guide dog was annoyed by little yappy ratty dogs IN HIS FACE. Im not talking from a distance, I'm talking IN HIS FACE SPACE. He was growled and barked at.

On a normal day ANYWHERE else DD and her dog travel this is rarely an issue so having her guide dog accosted in WDW parks four times in 5 days is odd.

It's a hassle traveling with a dog. I reallllly do not understand the peeps that feel the need to bring their pets everywhere in public. Sorry. It's weird. Emotional support dogs are NOT allowed in WDW parks.

If her dog had been bitten by one of these yappers, there would have been hell to pay. Disney allowing this dog nonsense and not asking people the simple questions is disappointing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter