Just back 10-18 to 10-25

GrimAndGrinning

Earning My Ears
I'll try to keep this really short and sweet!

Oct 18th at MK-
I got there about noon, and every guest was being sent through the metal detectors. I haven't been to WDW in 4 years so I'm not sure if this is SOP now, just something I'd not experienced.

7 Dwarves had a posted 75 minute wait, actually waited 40.

It was a party night, and right at 6 they stopped letting non party guests on any attractions.

Oct 19th at Epcot-
Imagination had no wait whatsoever, and I actually rode completely alone.

The Disney Pixar short stories were Get a Horse, Piper, and Feast.

Behind the Seeds is still popular, I was the last guest to sign up before they moved anyone else wanting to take it to the next time slot.

Club Cool was gross. The floors were disgusting, and the new flavors (again, I haven't been in awhile) were awful. To me, everything tasted medicinal, like either not sweet enough or so sweet it was covering something up. I can take hard pass on going back until the flavors change again.

Test Track was down for weather, then down due to tech issues because of the weather. This was the first time I've ridden since the new theme (it was done for weather last time as well). It's still a good ride but I do prefer the original theme.

Got on Soarin' twice, one with a FP and once Standby. With the added concourse the line moves pretty swiftly.

Oct 20 at Hollywood Studios-
Slinky Dog Dash was down. It's cute, but not enough for me to wait in line to get on it.

Alien Saucers is a good ride, but oddly plain. I can't quite explain it but it felt unthemed to me. I did get to see the Green Army men do a drumming show from the line which was nice.

I had a FP for Toy Story Mania, and I still love that ride. I was in the newer portion of the queue and to me it was noticeable that it was added on. It felt a little like a warehouse.

Am I the only one that thinks its odd that the gift shop outside Muppets 4D doesn't actually carry Muppets merchandise?

I had it confirmed that I can NOT do Star Tours anymore. I had issues with it last trip but was hoping it was a one off. It wasn't. The movement plus the 3D is just way too much, and I kept my eyes shut the entire time.

On Tower of Terror, I was the only person to put my arms up! Bunch of chickens lol.

After finishing up some other things, I managed to get on TSM another 2 times. Standby had a 25 minute wait, so I just jumped back in.

Fantasmic... I hadn't gone since they had the water mist screens and honestly I find they rely on that element too much. I sat there like "this is sort of lame..." Then the boat with all the characters came out, and I completely lost it. Like holding back sobs. I have no idea why but it was like my inner child just busted out.

Oct 21st at Animal Kingdom, then the evening at Magic Kingdom for MNSSHP-
FP for the safari, it felt like there were no animals out. Definitely the most disappointing ride I've ever had on there.

Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo the musical are still fantastic, and I will continue to see them every time I visit.

The Up themed bird show where Flights of Wonder used to be is adorable!

Expedition Everest single rider line is basically a waste at this point. I waited 30 minutes, and probably could have made it through standby in the same amount of time.

I ended up leaving without doing Dinosaur, It's Tough to be a Bug, and anything in Pandora. For some reason it felt like everything took twice as long as it should have. Moving from place to place seemed extra far, but maybe things were just catching up with me by then.

At the party, I'd hoped to hit a couple things that weren't open during the party since I was there slightly before 6. Turns out if it wasn't open for the party, it was already shut down (like Laugh Floor and Tiki Room).

I rode Astro Orbiters for the first time ever, and that is the only time I will ever do it. The ride isn't terrible, but the force of spinning and being that high up is a little much for me.

Space Mountain was down, and as I was on the People Mover I got to see it all with the lights on. I checked a few times and it was still down, and by the end of the night I sort of forgot to bother going back.

The Mad Tea party was supposed to have lights that changed based on the color of your costume, but I didn't see this happening and heard other people say the same.

I happened to catch a short line with Belle and Gaston. If you ever have the chance to meet Gaston, do it. He's fantastic.

I tried to get back over to Pirates of the Caribbean before the fireworks and dear god, the crush of people trying to move around was insanity. Crabby, nasty, self obsessed "I NEED TO GET SOMEWHERE" people... so did the rest of it. I was so disenchanted after that I ended up forgoing Pirates and heading back to the hub and found a piece of railing to lean on.

The fireworks were fantastic as always, but at that point the crowds were so large and nasty I skipped the stage show and the second parade. I heard a lot of people saying the crowds were much larger at the parties this year and I have to agree. If this is the new norm, I will probably skip the party next time around unless there's something I HAVE to see.

Oct 22nd-
I was off property at Discovery Cove most of the day, and only put this here because when I went to dinner at Yachtsman that evening, I happened to see Kenny G!

Oct 23rd at Epcot-
I did unDiscovered Futureworld tour, and I actually want to find the email of who's in charge of the tours. Last trip I had a wonderful guide who was so knowledgeable. The guides (yes 2 of them), this time were the least personable people I've ever come across at Disney. Professional and friendly on the surface, but everything they said sounded like they were trying to read a script and make it sound exciting. There was no passion or genuine interest that came across from them. If anyone wants to know the few things they actually told us that were new to me, I'd be glad to share.

After the tour was snacks snacks snacks! I had so many fantastic bites (and a couple not so great ones) with Food and Wine. I'm going to do a dining report which will have all the food related things.

I caved and stood in standby for Frozen. What a boring queue! I really expected more from that, but the ride is much cuter than I thought it would be.

They really need to put some time into the countries that have movies because they are so dated its not even funny. I'm not saying they're bad, but just very clearly old. I'd love to see an updated O Canada with Martin Short still hosting.

American Adventure... well I can't say much here because I fell asleep. Again. I've officially not seen more than about 3 minutes of this show.

Mitsukoshi has streamlined a LOT since my last visit.

I ended up heading back up to Futureworld since I was so full of food I put a stuffed turkey to shame. I got back on Soarin' again thus proving the standby line really isn't so bad.

I tried the new Mission Space green, and if it were any rougher I wouldn't be able to do it. It's just on the verge of making me feel icky, which means the orange is definitely a permanent no go for me now.

Oct 24th at Disney Springs and Magic Kingdom in the evening for EMH-
Springs is beautiful, but very confusing! I had a heck of time finding my way around and checked the directories probably 4 or 5 times to reorient myself.

I can't believe I'm about to admit this but... I can't shop all day. I went in a bunch of places and tried to take my time. Really I did. After about 2 and a half hours, I was done.

I do wish they would source some lines and brands that catered to a full figured client. I saw some beautiful clothes in the boutiques and couldn't buy a single item in virtually any of them that wasn't sunglasses or jewelry. Let's face it, there are more people that qualify as plus sized than not in this country and it would be nice to see a few more places that carried fashion items for us.

Having so much time left, I actually ended up taking myself to a movie. Then back to my resort to drop stuff off before dinner and heading back to MK.

The crowds were much smaller than I thought for EMH, I got more done during that time than I ever remember during past EMH I've attended. I also had my joke picked for the first time at Laugh Floor!!

Oct 25th Magic Kingdom for breakfast and a couple last rides
I checked FPs before breakfast and caught a random meet and greet with Mickey, which was fantastic. A friend of mine is going in two weeks, and it will be her sons' first time. So I told Mickey I wanted to take a video while I told him some good news. He is SO excited those boys are visiting! It was adorable to watch his reactions. After they asked if I'd like photos for myself to which I said "no I'm good". That did not sit well with Mr Mouse. He stomped his foot and pointed to the spot next to him like "hey little lady you get back here and give me a hug". So of course, I did :)

I finally caught Tiki Room open and I still love it for a cheesy as it is.

Lastly I did my final goodbyes on the Peoplemover.

OK so this wasn't so short but I tried to keep it as relevant as possible. Please ask anything you'd like and I'll answer as best as I can.

Awesome detailed report.
Arms Up, TOT... ur not alone!
Never did Astro orbit ... you helped me decide, Not for me! Kenny G, Yachtsman and Discovery Cove .. woohoo, what a day!!

Over crowded party nite...hearing this more and more :(
Gaston is funny, totally agree.
Enjoy the silly Tiki room too.
Disney Springs.. it’s a boring glorified shopping mall, lost it’s draw to us.. tho some good eateries.
Club cool... funny, never been dirty for us , and that’s sad...but agree some Strange flavors in there lol

Sounds like a really good visit.. thx for sharing.

I had a FP for Toy Story Mania, and I still love that ride

I love Toy Story Mania!

I rode Astro Orbiters for the first time ever, and that is the only time I will ever do it.

Astro Orbiters is once and done for me, too.

At American Adventure did you happen to listen to the Voices of Liberty? I love them. I agree Disney Springs is confusing, especially at night. DH and I got lost there. Thanks for posting your trip report.

I love Toy Story Mania!

Astro Orbiters is once and done for me, too.

At American Adventure did you happen to listen to the Voices of Liberty? I love them. I agree Disney Springs is confusing, especially at night. DH and I got lost there. Thanks for posting your trip report.

The Voices weren't there. I could listen to them all day, but they weren't back until I believe 2 days later. I did learn on my tour that the Voices are the only cast members that have their costumes made specifically for each member.

Am I the only one that thinks its odd that the gift shop outside Muppets 4D doesn't actually carry Muppets merchandise?
Saw Tim Tracker mention this. So sad, as I love the muppets!

On Tower of Terror, I was the only person to put my arms up! Bunch of chickens lol.
I try not to put up my arms unless I'm in the back row, since I've had so many photos where you can't even see yourself because arms are blocking you.

After finishing up some other things, I managed to get on TSM another 2 times. Standby had a 25 minute wait, so I just jumped back in.
Nice-good to know lines aren't too bad now that it's back to three tracks running.

The Up themed bird show where Flights of Wonder used to be is adorable!
I'm looking forward to seeing the new show.

I ended up leaving without doing Dinosaur, It's Tough to be a Bug, and anything in Pandora. For some reason it felt like everything took twice as long as it should have. Moving from place to place seemed extra far, but maybe things were just catching up with me by then.
While I would say you should see FOP, if you have motion issues on Star Tours you probably don't want to do FOP.

Space Mountain was down, and as I was on the People Mover I got to see it all with the lights on.
I'd like to see this one day!

The crowds were much smaller than I thought for EMH, I got more done during that time than I ever remember during past EMH I've attended. I also had my joke picked for the first time at Laugh Floor!!
Good to know. Last few visits EMH were packed.

Thanks for the review!

...I had it confirmed that I can NOT do Star Tours anymore. I had issues with it last trip but was hoping it was a one off. It wasn't. The movement plus the 3D is just way too much, and I kept my eyes shut the entire time.

I rode Astro Orbiters for the first time ever, and that is the only time I will ever do it. The ride isn't terrible, but the force of spinning and being that high up is a little much for me.

I am done with both these rides. Last rode Star Tours October 2015. It was a mistake.

In September I rode Astro Orbiter during the Halloween party. The last 10 seconds it felt like the ride was going faster than normal. I felt like I was going to pass out. I couldn't even get into the elevator for the ride down. We stayed at the top until I could stand up. Never again.

How was Discovery Cove?

Super awesome! I would have liked this day with another person though.

My experiences were timed out so I didn’t have to run anywhere, but it left me with a lot of down time.

I did the dolphin swim but also added on seaventure and the shark swim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter