Just back 11/14-11/19- food reviews

TheSouthernBelle

DIS Veteran
So we're back and missing all the yummy treats at WDW but we did a lot of eating this trip- all mostly counter service or resort food court (not on purpose) but we had some goodies along the way.

Day 1 on arrival day we hit Disney Springs and ate at Polite Pig. I reviewed the menu some prior to picking it but overall we liked our food but felt the price point was a little high for QS. I get it, the chefs are famous around Orlando but the food is still quick service and doesn't command $16 for a chicken dish. I had the half chicken with the fries and slaw. I don't really like Cole slaw but was impressed with freshness and flavor. The chicken was cooked perfectly and even though I didn't eat the skin, the citrus marinade could be picked up in the meat. Fries were pretty good too but some were not evenly seasoned. Husband had BBQ and sadly it wasn't great but we live in the Carolinas so I feel like we've adapted to our local eastern NC BBQ fare we have here. We were able to nab a Gideon's cookie....for $8 and it was good, it's definitely a cookie for sharing and not for one.

Amorettes - had the coffee time petite cake....after we removed the fondant, that cake was amazing, the flavor was so so good, multiple flavors of chocolate, coffee, crunchy things, it was great. Also had the Mickey Mousse Cake, it's good too but not as good as the coffee time cake.

Days 2-3 some QS and POR food court food....nothing super special except we did eat at Woody's in DHS. We really liked the pastry/pop tarts. They are a little dry since they are more pasty than filling but they've got a great flavor overall.

Day 4- ate at Crystal Palace. Last time I ate there I was probably 8 years old so I had no expectations......which was probably a good thing. It was OK for a buffet, but nothing exceptional and really not at all worth $221 (not including tip) for 4 Disney "adults". Most of the food was mediocre, that's the best way to describe it. It's insane that Disney considers a 10 and 11 year old adults especially when my kids don't eat anymore than most 3 year olds. I recalled the last time we did a buffet to never do one again since we just never eat enough to justify the cost. I clearly forgot. So in the end, the cost for CP is purely for the iconic location and characters as I doubt the food becomes anything more special than what we experienced. We had a table near the windows facing the castle which was lit up beautifully for Christmas so that was cool. The service overall was fine and the characters came by in a very timely fashion.

That same evening we did the after fireworks dessert party. Not a very busy party at all so there were little/no lines for food. Liked that they had sweet and savory options and we LOVED the cheeseburger egg rolls, I actually make a copycat recipe at home, so I was happy to have these in abundance. And we also love the POG juice. The rest of the desserts are fairly good but for us the fireworks viewing was more important than the treats.

OK so now I'm hungry again and even missing the food court food!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!