Just Back. 2/25-3/3

Bill McKinley

Earning My Ears
OK my family of 4 (Me, DW, DD9 and DD6) just got back. We left on Saturday 2/24 and stayed first at Portofino Hotel at Universal in preparation for our 1 day at US/IOA.

Sunday at Universal and IoA was a fantastic day we are all big Harry Potter fans so that was the big draw for us (maybe the only thing that could draw us away from Disney). We loved the Harry Potter stuff but honestly we all were in agreement that this place just isn't Disney and we left by 2pm. No hard feelings Universal, we'll probably be back in a few years.

Now, onto Disney...

We stayed at The Yacht Club and LOVED IT. Great room (2 BR garden view 1st floor), great access to parks, best pool, great food and a tremendous staff. This was our 6th family Disney trip (3rd time on property) and believe it or not, the first time we used the bus system. No complaints from me. It was relatively quick (I'm a big planner and most likely a park commando for reference). My only annoyance was sometimes our tank stroller was difficult to deal with.

Going into this trip I was actually pretty stressed because of a few things, but I am happy to say that everything turned out just WONDERFUL!! Maybe the best trip yet!!!

Other trip notes:
  • MDE App worked perfectly for 99% of the trip
  • averaged about 10 FPs per day
  • We rode TSM 5 times in one day all on FPs
  • modified and added Dining Reservations day of very easily
  • We did everything we wanted to do and then some over the 6 days at the parks.
  • Happily Ever After is the best thing that Disney does.
  • Pandora is done really well, we got to ride FoP twice, amazing. Navi River is pretty average though.
  • Crowds were very good (pleasant surprise).
  • Weather was amazing. Zero rain, got hot a couple days and chilly last night but as good overall as you can ask for.
  • Some of the magic is out of the bag now for my DD9, as she fully figured out that the princesses are different people, although she still wants to meet them a few times a day.
Any questions, let me know and I'll try to answer

So glad to hear that the trip was amazing for you! I'm particularly impressed to hear that you got 5 rides on TSMM through FP, that's impressive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter