Just Back: 3/29 - 4/02

PlutoTheDog89

DIS Veteran
Just got back from our Easter trip. Our (me: 28; sister: 33; parents in their 60s) Annual Passes expire in 2 weeks. Being from NY, we purchased APs last year as they made the most sense, financially. We had a Halloween and our annual Xmas trip scheduled, so we bit the bullet. We wound up going for Easter '17, Halloween '17, Christmas '17, Pro Bowl weekend, and now Easter '18. We will not be renewing—had our fun, now back to once a year.

On our first stay at Yacht Club:
- We usually stay Beach Club—the resorts are often grouped together, but certainly have their differences
- Lobby is quieter
- Prefer BC theme; love YC decor, though
- YC layout is confusing. It took me a day to master and find the shortcuts at BC. Roaming the YC felt like the Shining
- New rooms are really nice. Sliding bathroom doors make it easy to have some privacy

On the Crowds:
- You didn't notice the crowds until you checked the ride wait times or went to a show. Didn't feel terrible at all - nothing compared to Christmas.
- I've come to the conclusion that people are either running around at 100mph, or walking in slow motion. There's no in between.

That Weather:
- In the 80s. It did rain a few times, and it was cloudy most of Saturday. Otherwise, no complaints.
- Coming from NY, our main focus was on enjoying the weather. My biggest tip would be to book FP+ selections either early or late, then leave the afternoon open to enjoy the pool

Animal Kingdom/Pandora:
- We had friends join us last minute. Couldn't get them many FP+ selections, so they woke up at 5:30am
and went to Animal Kingdom for RD. Got on FoP in under an hour. Also saw Pandora in the dark, then in the light. Something to consider.
- I hate to say it, but outside of Pandora, the safari, and EE, there really is not much to do at that park.

DHS:
- At this point, you need a FP+ for the rides. Go there, rip the bandaid off, then head out (at least until Toy Story Land opens)

Epcot/Flower and Garden
- Topiaries and flower displays were gorgeous
- Food offerings were OKAY. Highlights were Honey Bee-Stro and the shrimp and grits at Florida Fresh
- Smoke House was very overrated, which stunk bc I was looking forward to it.
- Lines were not long at all.

Quick Tips/Thoughts:
- If you're gonna pay for a Deluxe resort, you owe it to yourself to stay a day or two and enjoy the amenities - especially at BC or YC
- Bus transportation from Magic Kingdom is very unreliable. Another perk to staying at a Boardwalk area resort is the ability to jump on another bus if yours doesn't show up (another perk to staying at monorail, too.)
- After going 5x in a year, Disney is feeling stale. We'll still go for Christmas because it's our tradition and we love it, but we'll need to find some new things and ways to "spice" it up a bit.

Just got back from our Easter trip. Our (me: 28; sister: 33; parents in their 60s) Annual Passes expire in 2 weeks. Being from NY, we purchased APs last year as they made the most sense, financially. We had a Halloween and our annual Xmas trip scheduled, so we bit the bullet. We wound up going for Easter '17, Halloween '17, Christmas '17, Pro Bowl weekend, and now Easter '18. We will not be renewing—had our fun, now back to once a year.

On our first stay at Yacht Club:
- We usually stay Beach Club—the resorts are often grouped together, but certainly have their differences
- Lobby is quieter
- Prefer BC theme; love YC decor, though
- YC layout is confusing. It took me a day to master and find the shortcuts at BC. Roaming the YC felt like the Shining
- New rooms are really nice. Sliding bathroom doors make it easy to have some privacy

On the Crowds:
- You didn't notice the crowds until you checked the ride wait times or went to a show. Didn't feel terrible at all - nothing compared to Christmas.
- I've come to the conclusion that people are either running around at 100mph, or walking in slow motion. There's no in between.

That Weather:
- In the 80s. It did rain a few times, and it was cloudy most of Saturday. Otherwise, no complaints.
- Coming from NY, our main focus was on enjoying the weather. My biggest tip would be to book FP+ selections either early or late, then leave the afternoon open to enjoy the pool

Animal Kingdom/Pandora:
- We had friends join us last minute. Couldn't get them many FP+ selections, so they woke up at 5:30am
and went to Animal Kingdom for RD. Got on FoP in under an hour. Also saw Pandora in the dark, then in the light. Something to consider.
- I hate to say it, but outside of Pandora, the safari, and EE, there really is not much to do at that park.

DHS:
- At this point, you need a FP+ for the rides. Go there, rip the bandaid off, then head out (at least until Toy Story Land opens)

Epcot/Flower and Garden
- Topiaries and flower displays were gorgeous
- Food offerings were OKAY. Highlights were Honey Bee-Stro and the shrimp and grits at Florida Fresh
- Smoke House was very overrated, which stunk bc I was looking forward to it.
- Lines were not long at all.

Quick Tips/Thoughts:
- If you're gonna pay for a Deluxe resort, you owe it to yourself to stay a day or two and enjoy the amenities - especially at BC or YC
- Bus transportation from Magic Kingdom is very unreliable. Another perk to staying at a Boardwalk area resort is the ability to jump on another bus if yours doesn't show up (another perk to staying at monorail, too.)
- After going 5x in a year, Disney is feeling stale. We'll still go for Christmas because it's our tradition and we love it, but we'll need to find some new things and ways to "spice" it up a bit.

Great report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter