Just back 9/10-9/17 reviews

JENR

Disney Addict
We just returned home from a wonderful Disney trip. We tried a few new places this trip.

Cast: Me (32), DH (32), DD (15), DS (6) and DS (2). We were on the dining plan but we paid for it as we are DVC owners. We saved about $300 but probably would not pay for the plan again. For one, we ate more times than we would of if we were not on the plan. We were just buying food because we had too and our 15 year old DD eats off the kids menu so we lost out a little there.

Sunday, Sept 10th: We arrived in the morning at BCV and went to the pool. For lunch we ate counter service at Hurricane Hanna's. Just your usual counter service burgers, chicken fingers, grilled cheese and mickey bars. It was okay.
Le Cellier: Dinner was here. We had a 7:20 ADR. We tried to check in early about 6:40 because our kids were very hungry and tired. She said it was too early. Our kids were hungry so we fed them at the McDonald's next to LeCellier before we went in so they didn't eat anything here. We checked back in about 7:10 and we were seated in about 5 minutes. The breads were really good. We probably would have enjoyed them more but we all had soft pretzels as soon as we got to Epcot for a snack so we were kind of sick of pretzels by them. DH had the Ceasar salad and I had the cheddar cheese soup. I didn't like the soup at all and DH was not crazy about the salad (not enough dressing). DH ordered the New York Strip which was very very good. It melted in your mouth. I ordered the filet with the BBQ sauce on the side. It was good but the NY Strip was awesome. My mashed potatoes were out of this world. For dessert I had creme bruele which was very good and my husband got the smore's. I know it's a kids dessert but he is fussy about his desserts. He loved it and the kids shared with him. All in all it was a very good meal but I don't think I will rush back next time.

Monday, Sept 11th.
We went to Blizzard Beach for the day. We had a late lunch at Beaches and Cream. Awesome as always. Burgers and onion rings were great. We shared the fudge mud slide. It was awesome. We really love this place.
Later on in the evening, we walked to Spoodles for counter service. We all had pizza. It was okay but we are from Jersey and we have really good pizza home. Why can't you find really good pizza at Disney?

Tuesday, Sept 12th.
Breakfast at Crystal Palace. We had an 8:05 ADR and were seated right away. Food was good. The stuffed French Toast was awesome. Characters were rushed and the place was empty.

Dinner was at Ohana's. This is my DH favorite resturant and we always go ever trip. We had a 7:20 ADR and were seated within 10 minutes, which was fast. Usually we wait at least 30 minutes here to be seated. Food was fabulous as always. Salad, wings, those wonton chips, everthing was great. Will definately return next year.

Wednesday, Sept 13th.
We just hung out at the pool all day. Breakfast was just bagels and cereal from Marketplace. Lunch again was Hurricane Hanna's burger and grilled cheeses.
Dinner was Concourse Steakhouse. I liked this place but my DH didn't really care for it. For appetizers, I had onion rings, they were very good. DH had lobster bisque soup, neither one of us like it. Kids had shrimp, which were very good. For our entree, we both got NY strip with mashed potatoes. I though everything was very good. Kids got grilled cheese and wanted to be at Chef Mickey's. For dessert, I had creme bruele, excellent. Dh had choc cake, which was okay. Kids had brownie sundae and the cookies that you paint. They said they were good.

Thursday, Sept 14th.
Donald Breakfastosaurus. Big dissapointment. The food was just okay and the characters were very rushed and the place was empty. We won't do this one again.
Pizzafari for lunch. Decent pizza.
We were suppose to go to Wolfgang Puck Cafe for dinner but canceled because the kids were very tired. Dinner was Beaches and Cream again. Very good as usual.

Friday, Sept 15th.
Because we didn't have a good experience at the character breakfasts we had tried we decided to do an old favorite. Cape May Cafe. It was great as usual. Food is awesome and they have mickey waffles. My kids love Mickey waffles. Everyone was happy again. The characters spent so much time with my kids. Goofy played with my 2 year old for 10 minutes. They were flinging spoons off the table and just being Goofy. It was awesome. We will stick to this one and Chef Mickey's for now one.

Liberty Tree Tavern Character Dinner: We were attending MNSSHP and went to LLT for dinner. We do this one every year before the party. It did not disappoint and was wonderful as usual. They changed the bread though. I miss the honey bread and butter but DH loved the new bread. They brought out a cake for my DD and DS for their birthday and sang to them. The cake was pretty good. They also decorated the table with confetti and brought our birthday cards for the kids.

Saturday, Sept 16th:

Lunch was at the pool again at Hurricane Hanna's.

Dinner was at Alfredo's in Italy. We meet DH's cousins for dinner. We all had Ceasar salad for app and they were very good. For dinner everyone had something different. Steak, fetticine alfredo, pasta in vodka sauce with shrimp, and the trio. Kids had penne. Everyone loved their dinner. Desserts were awesome as well, tiramisu, cannoli and choc. cake.

We had a great week with good meals.

Any questions, let me know.

Thanks for the reviews. Sounds like you at some really good places. We're on the DDP in December, but thought it would be worth it considering the price of food. We just ate for free in August and it was great. Hoping they have free dining next year!

I hear you on the pizza complaint! We have great pizza in CT and that just plain spoils you for WDW.

Thanks for posting! :goodvibes

--penny

I enjoyed your reviews :) I had one question- did the caesar salad have bacon on it?

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Hi!

Thanks for sharing your reviews. I would like to know what exactly disappointed you with Donald's. Food? Selection? Characters? And what time was your ADR at?

I am questioning my ADR on our upcoming trip.

@ Concourse Steakhouse - I have heard that kids usually want to be over at Chef Mickey's next-door. I guess your kids are the proof!

@ Breakfastsaurus - Have read other posts that mention the characters here seem rushed.

thanks for the dining report,
agnes!

JENR said:
Later on in the evening, we walked to Spoodles for counter service. We all had pizza. It was okay but we are from Jersey and we have really good pizza home. Why can't you find really good pizza at Disney?

Thanks for the great reviews!! :thumbsup2 Sounds like your family had some great meals. We're staying in a BWV next week & are curious about getting take out at Spoodles with the Dining Plan. Were you able to just get individual slices at the window, or can you pool credits for an entire pizza? If it is just an individual slice, did it come with anything else?

TIA for any info you can give me!! :teeth:

i<3Disney said:
I enjoyed your reviews :) I had one question- did the caesar salad have bacon on it?

The ceasar salad at Alfredo's had bacon on it.

nluvwithmickey said:
Hi!

Thanks for sharing your reviews. I would like to know what exactly disappointed you with Donald's. Food? Selection? Characters? And what time was your ADR at?

I am questioning my ADR on our upcoming trip.

The food was okay. I didn't think there was a real good selection. Maybe I am just used to Chef Mickey's and Cape May. No mickey waffles. I was mostly disappointed with the characters. My ADR was at 8:00 a.m. and the place was half empty so I really don't know what the big rush was. I only went to this one because my son loves Donald but his new favorite is Goofy.

arizonacolbys said:
Thanks for the great reviews!! :thumbsup2 Sounds like your family had some great meals. We're staying in a BWV next week & are curious about getting take out at Spoodles with the Dining Plan. Were you able to just get individual slices at the window, or can you pool credits for an entire pizza? If it is just an individual slice, did it come with anything else?

TIA for any info you can give me!! :teeth:

You get a slice of pizza, drink and a brownie and that uses 1 counter service meal.

Thanks so much for the speedy response! :thumbsup2 Looking forward to checking out the pizza window one night. :teeth:

How was the character interaction at Liberty Tavern and which ones were there?

thanks!

Thanks for the reviews - glad to hear that Cape May is a favorite of yours as we will be trying it for the first time next month.

We are also DVC members and will be purchasing the dining plan when we hit WDW next month. I'm not sure we'd do that if the hubby and I were traveling alone, but my parents are coming along and when I did the math I decided they'd be happier on the plan than off. I know excatly what their response would be if I tried to get them to the California Grill without the DP... :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter