Just back and some food reviews

Puffy2

DIS Veteran
I'm not going into an elaborate review but here are some of my thoughts after our trip:

Grapefruit Cake at Brown Derby....way overrated. I waited four years to try this; it sounded so good. And the best I could tell the waiter was that "A life's dream has been fufilled...but the cake isn't very good."

Lobster Bisque soup at Brown Derby, good but Progresso makes soups just as tastee...I enjoyed the buffet much better last trip at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Stitch Breakfast at Ohanas..food not that great (mickey waffles seemed stale and tasteless) , service slow - the best character breakfast remains the Crysal Palace at the MK.

50's Prime Time Cafe: food ok, ice cream float delicious, entertainment great. I'd do this again.

Starlight Cafe (is this the right name?) at the MK, counter service. Really bad. My vegie burger was ok with the fixins, but my daughter's chicken sandwhich wasn't even ediable. Dry and tough. Surely if Chick Filet can make a great chicken sandwhich, why can't Disney? Pasta salad, yuck. Never again.

Pizza window from Boardwalk...good.

Kiminos at Swan, excellent as always and the Karoke was wonderful enterainment.

Ice Cream cones at the Dolphin's Fresh Express and Sweets and Treats (sorry if I'm getting these names wrong, hard to remember) - great, but two scoops is really too much (more like 4 scoops...one should be plenty)

Pikaboos at the Dolphin. Decent breakfast - tip: two people can easily share one breakfast - they really pile on the food.

Grapefruit Cake at Brown Derby....way overrated. I waited four years to try this; it sounded so good. And the best I could tell the waiter was that "A life's dream has been fufilled...but the cake isn't very good."
I'll file it under the tab marked Zebra Domes and Dole Whips. I found both those overrated as well.
Starlight Cafe (is this the right name?) at the MK, counter service. Really bad. My vegie burger was ok with the fixins, but my daughter's chicken sandwhich wasn't even ediable. Dry and tough. Surely if Chick Filet can make a great chicken sandwhich, why can't Disney? Pasta salad, yuck. Never again.
Chick Filet can't make a chicken sandwich worth squat. So Disney's must be truly vile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter