Just back - any questions?

sncbird

<font color=blue>I need a Starbucks Latte!<br><fon
Thank you guys so much for helping plan my trip. This was the first vacation in my wheelchair and I was very nervous about it. This board helped me so much!! Now it's my turn to help others. Here's a brief run down of what we did and I would be happy to answer any questions!!! :D

Day 1 - Sea World - saw the shows - had a terrific time!! Very handi-friendly!!!

Day 2 - Magic Kingdom - Did Cinderella's character breakfast, saw the parade, went on various rides and shows, had lunch at Pecos Bills and Dinner at Tony's Town Square.

Day 3 - Hung out at the resort swimming - We stayed at Old Key West in a 2 bedroom accessible villa by Turtle pond pool. Ate at Olivia's for dinner and went to Downtown Disney that night.

Day 4 - Went to Epcot. Had Lunch at the Electric Umbrella - toured the World showcase and watched Illuminations from Rose and Crown's patio!!!

Day 5 - Another hanging out at the pool day. Breakfast was the Pooh Bear character Breakfast at Olivia's - Dinner was at The Yatchman's Steak House at the Yacht Club.

Day 6 - Back to Magic Kingdom in the afternoon. Had lunch at Pichnoccio's and The Character dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern (our favorite) while the park was closed for MNNSHP. Then we attended MNSSHP - What a blast!!!

Day 7 - MGM - Saw lots of shows and went on some of the rides. Saw the new parade.
Had lunch at Pizza Planet and the fantasmic dinner package at the Brown Derby.

We took the bus only to and from the MK. We drove our van to the other parks. I would say over all people were very nice. MGM, seemed to be the worse when it came to people cutting in front of you. It seemed that several of the CM's were new. When we were at MK getting autographs we asked a CM were the Handi-seating was for the parade. She had no clue and told us to find someone from crowd control. After a few minutes they put up the ropes so it was pretty easy to figure out. The CM's that assisted us at MK & MGM (parade and fantasmic) in the handi section were just great!!! They did an outstanding job at keeping people who didn't belong out!! It amazed me on how dense some people are!!!

The weather was perfect - low 80's and the parks were pretty crowded. Security was tight so that was good to see. Over all an outstanding vacation!! Thank you again for all your help!!!
Again, if anyone has any questions about anything I would be more than happy to answer them!!! :D

Glad to hear you had a good time and that the people on this board were able to help you. Now that you are an expert, you will be a good help to others.
I've got a question for you. How was the Turtle Pond pool? We've never used it. The hot tub is my DD's idea of the perfect temperature for a pool, so we have just used the main pool at OKW, where we can pop her into the whirlpool when she gets shiver-y.

We actually went to both pools. The Turtle Pond Pool was pretty big and quieter than the main pool. The temp. was alot warmer than the big pool as well. Turtle Pond had the Handi-stairs to help get into it. I didn't use it though. I was able to sit on the ground and swing my legs over to get in. They have a whirlpool or Hot Tub at Turtle Pond as well. It also has a play area for the kids. Both pools were great!! The resort was just incredible!!!

Glad to hear you had a great trip!! Hope School is going well for your DD. :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter