Just back...any questions???

dansyr

I'm a loser
We just got back from a magical trip on the gold plan.....which pretty much means we came back about ten pounds heavier.
I will eventually do a restaraunt review but for now ....here is where we ate.
Any ?????'s let me know.

50 's primetime cafe
coral reef
CRT
California Grill
Big River Grill
Wolfgang Puck's upstairs
Boma's ( breakfast)
Rainforest Cafe (AK)
Spirit of Aloha (luau)
All-star movies food court
Marrakesh
Le Cellier
Margaritaville ( Citywalk)
Kona Cafe
Fulton's

did you like big river grill and 50's prime time? we plan on eating at both of these places in oct.

poohangel

I'm curious for any and all info on the Coral Reef. There will be DH, Myself and DS9 and DS2. Do you think this would be something the boys would enjoy? Thanks

Poohangel,
We loved 50's primetime. It is a really cute atmosphere and prices are pretty good. The food was great and you get a ton of it.
The server's ( cousins, mom's, uncles) seemed to play around a little more with the families and bigger groups. It was only the two of us and our server ...cousin Jamie....if I remember correctly picked on us a little but not as much as some of the kids. I had the fried chicken and it was great and my bf had the pot pie and he loved it. You must try the smore's for dessert....but be forewarned ....they are huge.
Big River grill...we just kinda stumbled upon because there was nowhere else open for lunch on the boardwalk. It is a great place for a casual lunch. I just grabbed a cheeseburger and bf had a barbeque sandwich...which he for some reason had been craving for 2 days....boy did he luck out we found this place.
The cheeseburger was huge!!!! It was really good!
I have pics of the barbeque sandwich but I haven't gotten around to posting anything yet. We also got chocolate cake for dessert...but this was no ordinary chocolate cake. It had some kind of light mousse filling. Wow....was it good....and i'm not even crazy about chocolate cake. They also look like they have some good microbrews but we didn't try any because we were going to typhoon lagoon afterwards. I didn't think drinking and swimming would be a good idea.
I would have to say ...I'd give each restaraunt a 4 out of 5 ...if I had to rate.

Maude4disney
The coral reef is a beautiful restaraunt with great food. We went for dinner and the food was unelievable. You pretty much have a great view of the aquarium no matter where you are seated. The tables are set up on tiers. We were on the top...and still had a great view. Your kids will love it. I (a 33 yr old adult) was so excited when the sharks swam by I kept poking my poor bf and pointing at the shark. Warning....this restaraunt is not cheap !!!
But...well worth the splurge. I'm not sure what is on the kids menu but I would think the regular menu wouldn't appeal much to the kids. My suggestion ...try it for lunch. Although...we went around 8 pm and they were a few kids in the restaraunt.

Thank you for the information. I realize this will not be a cheap meal, but that's ok... ya have to splurge once in awhile :D I will be taking a look at the children's menu before we make a decision. LOL, I will probably be worse than the kids and DH will have a sore shoulder before dinner is over. Thanks again!

Dansyr,
Sounds like you had a great time! Wish we were going on the gold plan, but oh well! I'm sure we'll eat well anyway!!!!! My question for you: How did you like Le Cellier? I've read so many mixed reviews. We were think of going there on our trip. We'll be in DW for my B-Day and DH asked if there was any place I felt like eating dinner on my B-day. Seeing as I how I love a good steak, Le Cellier is one my options that I was hoping we would all enjoy. (Seeing how dd 7 yrsold would be with us V & A's is not an option, nor am I interested) Thanks

Glad you had a great dining experience. How did you find the service and food at Fulton and WP upstairs?

Did you like CG and Kona. Most importantly, did you notice if CG still has the beet appetizer on the menu:D ?

I'm curious about Wolfgang Puck's Upstairs. How was the food? Have you ever eaten downstairs? If so could you compare them? We have two teenage boys - big eaters and not picky, sushi included.

We're going on the silver plan (in 10 days - getting very excited!). I just assumed the upstairs wasn't included. Was it included on the gold plan? Maybe it's on the silver too.

karenrc
We have never eaten downstairs but the downstairs seemed much more an energetic atmosphere brighter, louder, and more colorful in general from what we saw. If you enjoy gourmet food the upstairs is the way to go. It was by far the best meal of our vacation. The service was unbelievable. We had three waiters waiting our table. I had sushi upstairs. It was not on the menu but the waiter said it was no problem. We had a window seat and the view was beautiful. I would check into how many wishes it would require upstairs. It might be 2 instead of one. But if you're willing to use the 2 it would well be worth it. For the 2 of us without drinks and only one dessert between the 2 of us. Our bill would've been around $130. Beware the cost of drinks though. I had 2 martinis and they were $15 each.( but boy....were they good.

BCV23
Fulton's and WP upstairs both had outstanding service and food. There was not one thing to complain about.
WP's was by far the most outstanding meal we had.
CG was also great. Our server Jenny was wonderful. We lucked out and got a table right by the window for a great view of the fireworks. It was very romantic. I didn't notice a beet appetizer but I believe the menu changes weekly.
We went to Kona for breakfast. We had the last breakfast seating and we were the only ones in the restaraunt. Our waitress was great and we chatted . She had family from our area. The tonga toast was to die for and my bf had the filet and eggs. I didn't care for the filet..it tasted strange to me....but he really liked it. The french press pot coffee was great.

LisaDougKaylee
We really enjoyed Le Cellier. I, however did not believe it lived up to all the hype. Our server Koreen was the best . She was very friendly and knowledgeable. I had surf and turf. My filet was good but not great. BF had the prime rib and he really enjoyed. He had the cheddar cheese soup and again it was good but did not live up to all the hype.
If you like steak I believe this would be a good family choice for a b-day dinner. I would give it a 4 out of 5.
Try the creme brulee for dessert.....this was to die for !!!!

Thanks for your answers. I'm hoping that beet appetizer will be on the menu in 16 nights. I had it in Oct. and twice in Dec. and it was soooo good. It sounds like WP was a great meal. We had not so great service there 2 years ago. Sounds like it has improved or maybe we had it on an off night. If we ever do the "plan" again we'll have to give it another try.

Thanks for the information. I'll call WP and see how many wishes it would be. I've planned out our wishes for the week and had budgeted one for that dinner so I think that would decide it.

BCV23, you've intrigued me with this beet appetizer thing. My DH and I are eating at CG in 13 nights - I wouldn't even have looked at something with beets but you've made me curious!

Karen, it is wonderful. Golden as well as rosy colored beets with potted goat cheese (very mild flavor), dried cherry vinaigrette and honey pine nuts. I had to look up the description on Deb's site to describe it properly and actually remember walnuts not pine nuts. Maybe that varies or maybe it's my memory that varies:p . Anyway I love it! The beets are served cold and they are not pickled. It's also a very pretty dish.

dansyr....how did you like Marrakesh?? We're thinking about a late lunch or early dinner there with my 9 y/o dd. She's a little( okay, a lot) picky. But dh and I really like the looks of this restaurant. Any thoughts??

Dansyr,
Thanks for your reply. I think we may do LeCellier. We've only partially planned an itinerary and so far it looks like we'll be in Epcot that day, provided we don't throw the itinerary out the window once we get to WDW. It seems logical for...for now anyway! The other option we were considering in the concourse steakhouse, as we'll be staying at the contemporary.

Thanks again!!:Pinkbounc

LisaDougKaylee

We haven't tried concourse.....but from what we saw ...Le cellier looks prettier. If you can...make a ps earlier in the day at least. Le Cellier was the only restaraunt we had to wait without a ps.

goofy4tink
We enjoyed Marrakkesh. I would check out the children's menu first though. If you have a picky eater on your hands ...they may not enjoy alot of the food. It has a unique taste. The ambience was great with the Moroccan music and the belly dancer it definitely keeps you entertained. If your daughter likes things like chicken and rice...she might like the cous cous. The mint tea is also very refreshing.

Well, we are going to try WP based on your (and some others) opinion. But how in the heck do you narrow it down, the menu is like a book! I don't know anything about the "gold plan" but it sure sounds like it works.;)

Alice

Alice Sr.

To be honest I didn't understand half of what the stuff was when he told us the specials. I consider myself to be pretty knowledgeable about food but this was definitely gourmet. I just picked what sounded good. You must have the creme brulee. I have never tasted anything better

Oh ya, creme brulee is always on our list, sometimes it's the deciding factor on choosing a restaurant:D

We've actually stayed at AS movies a bunch of times and really like it there. The food court is pretty good. It is not fine dining but whenever we've eaten there we've been pleased.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter