• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back-BWV and Vero, some thoughts

mikesmom

<font color=9999FF>Never pool hops without a licen
Just got back late last night. We checked into Vero 5/24 and checked out 5/26; checked in BWV 5/26 and checked out 5/31. This isn't really a trip report, just wanted to hit some high points, especially regarding recents topics.

- Vero is AWESOME! What a beauiful place. DH and I will definitely go back.
- For those who think there is no ocean view unless you're in the Beach Cottages (or the Inn) - we were in room 1239 (top floor, bldg 12) and it was the most georgeous ocean view you could ever want.
- there are tons of things to do for the kids, but it's a little quiet for teens. We had DS and his buddy with us. They are both 18. They were too old for the kid activities and too young to rent the Jet Skis. They did play basketball and tennis, hung out at the pool, and enjoyed the ocean, but it probably would have been a little too quiet if we'd stayed many days.

BWV:
-I didn't notice any cutback in services as far as CMs. Everyone was as friendly as they could be.
- I did notice little cutbacks, you'd never notice if you weren't a repeat visitor. For instance, the floral arrangements in the lobby were just as beautiful as always, but definitely smaller in size.
- They've closed Atlantic Dance! We wandered down there Sunday night and it was dark - no previous warnings. The folks at Guest Services said it was closed for the whole summer for "refurbishment". We'll see.
- We did get a phone call our first full morning with a recording telling us that pool-hopping was closed to Y&B for the weekend. I wasn't surprised as it was Memorial Day weekend, but I was glad to see they are notifying. The funny thing is, my boys were already out when I got the message. They did pool hop that day with no problem. Go figure.
- Got the chance to eat at Boma. Wonderful food, Try it!!

If anyone has any questions, I'll be glad to try and answer them.:)

Thanks for the great trip report. Glad you had a good time.

It doesn't surprise me about Atlantic Dance. We've stopped in several times, and the place was always pretty deserted. We commented about it on our last trip. We we saying that if Disney couldn't find a way to make AD work, we'd expect to see some changes. It's a big chunk of prime real estate going to waste otherwise.

That "refurbishing" story seems a little suspicious.

I think every DVC member should visit VB at least once to see what a great resort it is. And it stands as a great resort, even though it doesn't have WDW right next door like OKW and BWV. VB rules!!

Thanks for sharing some tidbits about your trip. We, too, noticed the smaller floral arrangement at the Boardwalk when we stopped there for breakfast one morning. Glad you liked Boma's - so did we!

Just wondering...how old do you have to be to rent the jet skis at VB. We were planning a short stay there before WDW next summer but DS, 18, would definitely want to have use of the jet skis, hanging at the beach is not for him.

They definitely have to be 21, and be able to show I.D. My son and his buddy are also 18 and had wanted to rent the jet skis pretty bad. No go, though. According to the folks at the rental booth, some Florida statute restricts rental to persons over 21. Makes some sense as they can't rent a car their, either.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

We visited Atlantic Dance last week during our stay and the last night they were open was last Thursday. We talked to the manager and they are not absolutely certain what they will be doing with the club. She told us that there was a definite possibility that the club would become a ticketed event and showcase bands and top singers. My husband was thrilled though because all of their cigars were 50% off last week. I will miss sitting on the porch watching the lake and enjoying the music and a drink if this becomes a ticketed event. We found it to be a great place to relax in the late evening.

Boma is one of the restaurants over at AKL. It's the buffet-type restaurant. We were there for dinner and had a wonderful meal. They have various stations with meats, salads, soups, vegetables, breads and absolutely awesome desserts. There are servers at each station who are happy to explain any of the foods that seem unfamiliar. I believe they rotate the dishes regularly so you won't be eating the same food over and over (Although there is such a selection , you couldn't possibly try it all in a week).

DH had some fish crusted in pecans that he said was wonderful. Also a flank steak that was not to be believed! I had a roasted chicken dish that was good. Absolutely loved a soup made of chicken and apples. I know that sounds strange, but it was great. Both teens liked their meals. There is a kids area with chicken strips, etc for those who have finicky eaters.

The CMs at the restaurant were very attentive. My sons buddy had asked whether they had any really "hot" food. (These 2 love to see who can stand to eat the spiciest food). One of the chefs said he would make them a hot dessert and came out later with several peppers dipped in chocolate just for them.:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter