Just back, didn't see wishes!

vicb

DIS Veteran
Tried twice, one day was pouring rain, left park at 3:00 after parade cancelled, CM told us it was "highly unlikely" Spectro would run that night. We were cold and wet so we bailed.

Tried again later in the week but it was really cold, stuck it out until 6:00 but kids clearly had enough and we decided to cut our losses.

Fantasmic rained out one night but got in the next to see that. Waited 70 min. but had great seats in Scar section, ate dinner while sitting there.

Saw Illuminations twice, once in pouring rain (from Japan's covered balcony, great spot).

When weather wreaks havoc on your carefully planned itinerary you just have to go with the flow and know when to bail out. Our kids don't know what they missed, they had a great trip, glad we didn't push them to the edge.

Tried lots of new rides (new for us) like: TOT, MS, ST, HISTA, SplashM (yes I'd never been on it!) and more. Loved Philharmagic, don't miss that. Decided MGM and Epcot were our favorite parks this trip.

Finally got to BB, what a fun park. Don't let your kids do summit plummit or slusher gusher first. Ours begged but we made them do all the other slides for warm ups, then they did SG around noon and that did them in! They didn't go on another slide all afternoon!:teeth:

Crowds not bad even with Mardi Gras (but definitely more so than last trip in early Feb), I think the rain two days cut down on crowd issues. CM's told us Pres. week was packed, we were the week after that.

Happy to answer any ?'s.

:wave:

I agree with you on Philharmagic! I also tried TOT even though I said I wouldn't and it turned out to be my favorite ride!

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get to see Wishes, it's really incredible. You'll just have to put that at the top of your list for next time! ;)

So sorry you didn't get to see wishes, but that just means you'll have to go back to see them!!!! ;)

I do have a couple of questions. How old are your kids? Did they like TOT and MS? How long were you at BB (just trying to get a feel of how many hours we should plan for BB).

I can't wait to see Philharmagic and Fantamsic!!!

So sorry that you missed Wishes.....it moved me to tears when I saw it in December. You have a good reason to go back !

How was the view of Illuminations from the balcony in Japan?
Are there any places to sit while waiting for the show to start?
Is it crowded waiting there?

Our kids: DD 11, DS 8.

DS is a ride whimp for the most part, he really worked himself up to go on TOT, even when I chickened out he still went. That ride pretty much "terrorized" him and made rides the next day (SpM and BTM) challenging but he did them! DD and DH did MS twice and really liked it. DS to scared after TOT, and me worried about my motion sickness. The interactive area at the ride exit is awesome, we didn't feel liked we missed out because we had so much fun there.

We got to BB at 10am (opening) did slides until noon when it became crowded. Prior to noon we could walk on all the slides no problem. After lunch we did the lazy river and ski patrol areas. We left at 3:00 to go play putt-putt at Winterland/summerland. Back at resort by 4:30ish.

Ill. from Japan balcony was a necessity due to the pouring (and I do mean POURING) rain. There were a few trees blocking some of the view but not much. There were about 20 of us brave souls out there. No seats or benches though, just standing.

Promised the kids we will go back in 2 years, next year a nice relaxing beach vacation!:sunny:

Welcome back. Sounds like you had a great trip except for the bad weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter