Just Back - Dining Reviews 9/13-18

RIDisneyFan

Mouseketeer
We just got back late last night. We had the free dining plan and loved it! The table service restaurants we ate at were: Sci-Fi Dine In, Le Cellier, 1900 Park Fare, Narcossee's, Chef Mickeys, and Whispering Canyon Cafe. It was me, DH, DD6, and DD who had her 9th birthday on 9/15. Here are our reviews . . .

Sci Fi Dine In: I loved the atmosphere, DH thought it was way too dark. He asked the waiter if we could move to a table with more light, but the cars are all pretty much the same. He did bring us a flashlight; it was hard to read the menu without one. DH was also disappointed with the limied menu. The waiter did have the manager come by our table. He apologized, but he couldn't do anything about the lighting. He did give us some coupons for a couple of pins (our DDs love pin trading) and some extra snack credits. DDs had chicken nuggets and mac-n-cheese; they both liked their meals. DH and I both had the BBQ chicken sandwich; both thought it was okay, nothing special. DH had the BLT soup for his appitizer, said it was really good. I had the chili, and it was very good also.

Le Cellier: By far our best meal of the week!!! We had a 6:40 ADR but were not seated until 7:00. People without an ADR were being turned away. I had the cheese soup for my appetizer, and it was delicious. DH had the shrimp cocktail, he wasn't thrilled with it. For entrees, DH had the mushroom filet, and I had the 7 oz filet mignon. Both were excellent! DD6 had the pasta with sauce, and DD8 had steak - she didn't like it (she's a very picky eater), so the waitress brought her a hot dog instead. I also had a frozen berry daquari (non alcoholic) for my drink, and it was good. DDs and DH all had the chocolate moose, and I had the chocolate whiskey cake - both were good.

1900 Park Fare: We went here for DD's 9th birthday. The characters were good - we saw the Fairy Godmother, Cinderella, Prince Charming, and the mice Suzy and Perla. It was a pretty good buffet. I liked the turkey and the parmesean mashed potatoes. DH didn't like the prime rib, but he thought the salmon was very good. DD6 had chicken, corn, and a few other things and DD9 had mac-n-cheese again.

Narcossee's: DH and I dropped the girls off at the Mouseketeer Club so we could a nice dinner alone. For appetizers DH had the calamari and I had the Romaine hearts, both were very good. DH had the steak and lobster tail for his entree, said they were both good. I had the grilled beef tenderloin, which was also good. DH had the strawberry moose and sour cream ice cream; the moose was good but he didn't like the ice cream. I had the sorbet, it was okay but not great. Overall we enjoyed it but didn't think it was worth 2 credits each - we liked Le Cellier much better.

Chef Mickeys: We had the same waiter we had last year! And he was great. This is one of our favorite places. The characters were wonderful. The food was good too, and the dessert bar is great.

Whispering Canyon Cafe: This place was so much fun! We all loved it! DH had the skillet, and I had the meatloaf. DH thought the ribs were too well done, but otherwise he really liked it. The meatloaf was very good. DD9 had grilled cheese, and DD6 had mac-n-cheese. DH had a vanilla shake, and I had a chocolate shake; they were very good - I think we had 3 each. DD9 asked for a purple crayon, and had about 30 brought to our table. DH made the mistake of asking for ketchup, and we had about 8 bottles brought to us. Of course we got to bring them all to the next table that asked for ketchup. The girls got to do the race around the restaurant with the wooden horses (our waitress started the race). We had a blast!

Glad you had some great meals on your trip!! Thanks for the reviews. We are going to LeCellier for the first time (since the 80's that is) and WCC this trip. Can't wait.

I'm glad you liked Le Cellier & WCC!!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip and see pictures when you get back to work :thumbsup2

Several members of our party enjoyed those milkshakes as well! They were quite tasty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter