Just Back--Few Thoughts

cmesq61

DIS Veteran
Back 2 days and I miss WDW already! Once again all the great info on this Board was so helpful. A few observations...

Another great rental from Randy's. Had a nice chat with Randy the morning we turned in the ECV. He was pretty funny with some of his stories. Easy drop off/pick up. Worked great. Held a charge really well.

I finally braved it and tried the bus to DHS. I was lucky and got one of the new buses. Easy peazey. I was at the Poly bus stop and there was no marked handicapped loading area so i waited near the curb cut. The bus driver, Kenny was AWESOME!! He came out, put down the ramp, directed me where to go. He was just nice as can be. It was a fabulous first bus experience. Thanks Kenny!!! It helped, I'm sure, that the bus was pretty empty when it got to the Poly. Had a fabulous time at DHS. Bus driver on the way back was bit condescending--he assumed I had no ECV experience. But I took a deep breath and reminded myself that lots of people at Disney have no experience and do drive like crazy people, which must be very frustrating for the bus/monrail/boat drivers and loaders. Anyway, we won't hesitate to use the buses again.

It was pretty crowded which makes driving a bit more challenging. Many, many nice people this trip who held doors for me and said oh excuse me for stepping in front of you, reached things for me when I couldn't quite manage, and things like that. That was a very pleasant change from the last trip. I have to concentrate on them so as to not lose my mind with all of the rude people, not to mention the just plain dopey ones. You would tell your child not to run in front of a car/bus/train/motorcycle, so why would you not speak to your child about jumping in fornt of me. More importantly, why would you jump in front of a moving vehicle?

Saw lots--I mean LOTS--of people in ECVs with little kids riding with them. I was appalled. Just so dangerous. That was new from our last trip.

If anyone has any questions I will try to answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter