• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Back from 10 Day Trip

DVC92

DIS Veteran
Just returned from a 10 day stay at BLT. First of all, Genie+ has to go, particularly the modified one where one needs to get up at midnight and then again at 7AM. Whoever thought of this really needs to be canned. Just bring back FP+ the way it was and charge me if necessary.

We didn't purchase it, but Genie+ was only really necessary in MK and HS. We don't hit the parks until afternoon. At AK, we walked on the Safari ride, Dinosaur, and Bug's Life. We also walked into Lion King and the Bird show. The lines for the top rides were 60 minutes or less later in the day.

As for EPCOT, Soarin' and Living w/ Land were walk-ons as were Nemo and Figment. Ratatouille only took 20 minutes from start to finish at 8:30PM.

The lines at MK and HS were jokes during the day. It seemed every ride was 70 minutes or longer except for Little Mermaid and Small World at MK, which were 20-30 minutes. The only break in the lines at MK was to jump on things after the Fireworks. At HS, Star Tours was a walk-on and Runaway Railway had a total wait of 45 minutes from start to finish at 8PM.

As for food, we tried Steakhouse 17 and the food was excellent. I had the Florida Sustainable Fish en Papillote which was really nicely done and a lot to eat.
We also went to SciFi for the first time in many years and the food was very good; however, it is dark. Columbia Harbour, which we always enjoyed for fast food, was ridiculous. The Salmon dinner and Salad w/ Chicken were served in cardboard boxes. Both boxes were soaked by the heat of the green beans and rice in the Salmon dinner and the wetness of the salad. They are pictured as being served in bowls, but that was not the case. The actual food of the Salmon dinner was fine, but the salad was a sad joke. If you do desire a fast-food salad, the Wilderness Chicken Salad from Roaring Fork at Wilderness Lodge was very good. Just make sure you get your croutons and walnuts for it at checkout.

Thanks for sharing.
We are currently watching and waiting on booking any future trips due to all the changes.
I agree that if they brought back the ole fastpass system for an upcharge, that would get me back in the parks.
And do away with the parks reservation system so we can just get up and go with the flow on vacation!

Yes, the reservation system needs to be done away with. I did need to change my reservation one day to MK, but it was full. One of the concierge workers was able to find someone who was able to change it for me. We shouldn't need to go through such nonsense.

One thing I forgot to mention is La Hacienda now charges to get chips and salsa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter