Just back from 4th solo trip-ASMu, AKL, E-ride nite. Happy to answer ???

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
This was my first trip staying anywhere but POR. ASMu was only "adequate", but AKL was simply "gorgeous". This Disney addict had no desire to leave to go to the parks. AKL has becime my favorite attraction at DW, as well as my favorite hotel. Did mostly counter-serve eats, but 3 sit-downs (and this time, I liked sit-down eating). Met another DISer for tea at GF. For the first time, did an E-ride nite. Happy to answer ???

Welcome back, I'm glad you had a great trip :) Are you going to write a trip report? Be sure and let us know if you do.

Katholyn

I am thinking of my first solo trip and thinking about ASMu. Likes, dislikes! Thanks for any information!

Frankly I'm not a fan of ASMusic. I was displaced from POR, and missed it terribly. But I would have preferred almost any moderate to it. Too many teenagers and college-aged kids running around, partying and laughing at all hours of the night, and I heard some rather un-Disney language among the guests there. If I was forced to go back to a value resort, next time I'd pick ASMovies. I walked over there, and atmosphere seemed much nicer, more families, and little kids just having fun. Even I thought I would have enjoyed playing in Andy's room when I saw it. However, if you do go to ASMusic, request Jazz Inn. Fortunately I decided after I stayed there that that was the best area to stay in (if you have to stay at ASMusic). But next time, go for the moderate!

Hi Simba's Mom. So glad to hear you liked AKL. I only had three nights there and I loved it. POR is still my favorite tho. Did you try Boma? I was afraid I wouldn't like the food, but I was surprised!!! I loved it. The first three days of my upcoming trip in May, my DD and her BGF are joining me and I insist they see AKL (my xmas present from DD & her DH was my stay at AKL) and have dinner there. It will be so great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts