Just back from 5 days of delicious fun!

Jennasis

DIS life goes on
We tried some new stuff and revisited a few old favorites on this trip. We had a blast, and the food didn't disappoint. We were not on the DDP so everything was OOP. Here is where we ate:

ABC Commissary: Lunch
It wasn't fancy. Just a couple of cheesburgers and fries. It was ok.

Spoodles: Dinner
It was our first visit to Spoodles (though I had been here once a LONG time ago when it first opened. It has gone through quite a change from then). DH and I ordered the Rigatoni and Dsis ordered the Salmon. Dsis said it was excellent. I LOVED the Rigatoni with sausage, mushrooms and tomato in a tomato/creme sauce. I wish I was eating it right now...mmmm...Dh liked it but thought it was a bit pricey for what we got. I finished every morsel!

Flame Tree BBQ: Lunch
Tried it for the first time last year and loved it so much we added it to this years repertoire. We both had the ribs...YUMMY! We should have asked for an extra cup of BBQ sauce, but otherwise we were both quite happy with the ribs, beans and corn. A family of ducks (chicks too) wandered around the tables begging for food. Momma duck bit me!

Boma: Dinner
A trip highlight! Dh says we'll go back here on every trip. The restaurant itself was nice though crowded and noisy. Tables were VERY close together. They sat us right next to a waitress station so periodically a waitress would crowd in to get a new water pitcher or some napkins etc. The food was very interesting. There was something for everyone. I tried lots of new stuff and had some old faves (really good mac and cheese here). I had a sausage/cornbread casserole flavored with cinnamon (lots of cinnamon flavorings used in this restaurant), as well as some delicious marinated sirloin, roast beef, yellow rice with beans (flavored with cinnamon again). Dh had a little of everything. Dessert was great. I thought the "zebra domes" would be larger and chocolaty-er, but I enjoyed them. The cookies and flourless cake were excellent.

LIberty Tree Tavern: Dinner
One of our must do's. There were 8 of us, seated promptly at a large table. Character interaction was outstanding. They made a huge fuss over DH, Dnephew, and Duncle's birthdays (confetti etc). Food was hot, tasty, and plentiful as always. I'm not a fan of the ham, so I stuck to the steak and turkey which is weird because last year I LOVED the ham and not the steak. The ham had a mustardy flavor to it. The mashed potatoes and green beans were awesome. The mac and cheese was a bit "industrial" and overcooked but the kids liked it.I steered clear of the apple cobbler since I am not an apple fan either. But all 8 of us were stuffed and happy!

Also had an ice cream cookie sandwich (wonderful!) and Dh tried a dole-whip for the first time. He got the float and said the pineapple juice was abit much and he wished he had just gotten the dole-whip.

Cosmic Rays: Lunch
I had the BBQ pork sandwich and it was really good (I'm from NC so I know good BBQ). Dh had the wrap which was HUGE. Both of us were very happy.

We also did the Food and Wine festival and everything was amazing! We shared the Spicy beef empanadas, the quesadilla, pot stickers, chocolate zepole, pretzel roll with debrizinger sausage and saurkraut, chilaquiles, funnel cake, sushi (Dsis), and a few otehr things. A wonderful treat. We even cancelled our ressies at Rose and Crown because we were so stuffed!

Any questions, feel free to ask! It was wonderful.

glad to read that you enjoyed Boma. We will be dining here for the first time in May and are looking forward to it.

So, in hind-sight, do you wish you would have been on the DDP??? We're not on it right now....and I keep thinking that if I don't add it, I'm going to wish that I was on it!!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter