• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from 5 nights at All Star Music Suites followed by 4 nights at BCV

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
My family and I are just back from our first 9 night Walt Disney World vacation. Normally we only go for 5 nights or less and try to have two visits a year. This year we decided to combine both into a single trip since we have two Disney cruises planned for next year.

We arrived May 23rd and left June 1st. The first 5 nights were in one of the All Star Music Suites. They are nice but definitely not DVC. The walls are paper thin. Not only did you hear the toilets being flushed you heard them being filled prior to the flushing....;) I enjoyed having the food court though. We grabbed breakfast there each morning and even ate dinner there once or maybe twice.

The weather was great during the day but cool at night for swimming. It sprinkled on us a few times but not enough to really get you wet. Everything looked normal until you were up in the monorail riding around. Then you could see the areas that were not being watered and just how dry they were.

We did not get any magical dreams granted but I did get picked to be the mechanic on the Back Lot Tour. You can see the video in my gallery at http://www.kevinandjudy.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=958

I forgot how much fun you can have at Storm Along Bay. My four year old loved the sand bar section and my seven year old loved the deep lazy river. I think I liked the lazy river the best as well. I loved being able to swim and not touch the bottom.

The crowds were light at first but then got heavy as the weekend and holiday approached. We have been spoiled by the mid September and mid October crowds and had not experienced lines in a long time.

At the BCV we were in room 538, a 1 bedroom facing the quiet pool. We had a great view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks each night from our balcony. The rooms was in good shape. Someone had stained one of the night stands and the kitchen table and the clothes line came off the wall the first time I tried to hang up some wet bathing suits. I wouldn't expect them to replace the tables but I did ask them to fix the clothes line.:laundy:

I mug hopped and pool hopped. Both the All Star Music and BCV sold the new dreams mugs. I didn't even feel bad filling them at both resorts. I even brought them to the Pepper Market one night when we ate there but they still have Pepper Market mugs.

We walked over one day and used the Scary Clown slide and pool at BWV. I liked that slide more because I could sit up. The slide at BCV bumped my back on each seem.

Fire away if you have any questions. There are pictures including Contemporary constructions photos at my gallery as well.

My family and I are just back from our first 9 night Walt Disney World vacation. Normally we only go for 5 nights or less and try to have two visits a year. This year we decided to combine both into a single trip since we have two Disney cruises planned for next year.

We arrived May 23rd and left June 1st. The first 5 nights were in one of the All Star Music Suites. They are nice but definitely not DVC. The walls are paper thin. Not only did you hear the toilets being flushed you heard them being filled prior to the flushing....;) I enjoyed having the food court though. We grabbed breakfast there each morning and even ate dinner there once or maybe twice.

The weather was great during the day but cool at night for swimming. It sprinkled on us a few times but not enough to really get you wet. Everything looked normal until you were up in the monorail riding around. Then you could see the areas that were not being watered and just how dry they were.

We did not get any magical dreams granted but I did get picked to be the mechanic on the Back Lot Tour. You can see the video in my gallery at http://www.kevinandjudy.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=958

I forgot how much fun you can have at Storm Along Bay. My four year old loved the sand bar section and my seven year old loved the deep lazy river. I think I liked the lazy river the best as well. I loved being able to swim and not touch the bottom.

The crowds were light at first but then got heavy as the weekend and holiday approached. We have been spoiled by the mid September and mid October crowds and had not experienced lines in a long time.

At the BCV we were in room 538, a 1 bedroom facing the quiet pool. We had a great view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks each night from our balcony. The rooms was in good shape. Someone had stained one of the night stands and the kitchen table and the clothes line came off the wall the first time I tried to hang up some wet bathing suits. I wouldn't expect them to replace the tables but I did ask them to fix the clothes line.:laundy:

I mug hopped and pool hopped. Both the All Star Music and BCV sold the new dreams mugs. I didn't even feel bad filling them at both resorts. I even brought them to the Pepper Market one night when we ate there but they still have Pepper Market mugs.

We walked over one day and used the Scary Clown slide and pool at BWV. I liked that slide more because I could sit up. The slide at BCV bumped my back on each seem.

Fire away if you have any questions. There are pictures including Contemporary constructions photos at my gallery as well.

I am glad you enjoyed your stays at the Family Suites and BCV.

It is my understanding you can fill the new YOAMD refillable mugs at the refill
stations of any of Disney's resorts during your stay.
That is a great plus. I hope Disney continues this so anyone who has a split stay of is just visiting another resort can refill their mug.

I have written to Disney many times suggesting that they change their policy on the refillable mugs for those who do a split stay.I am so glad they are trying it out.

Sorry about the turbo toilet noise you heard at All Star Music. The walls are not any thinner at the values but the turbo toilets at the values AKL and SSR can be loud and the noise traveles through the plumbling. DH is a builder and he taught me a little tip. If you close the bathroom door at night most of that noise is blocked out.

I stay at the values quite often and have never had an issue with noise.

The noise issues come with :

1. The main pool is located very close to some of the value rooms.

The themed pools at the mods and deluxes are set away from the rooms.

Tip: Ask for a room facing away or located a ways from the main pool.

2. Turbo toilets

The Values are newer and have the turbo toilets.

Tip: Close your bathroom door at night because noise travels through the plumbing.

3. Connecting rooms

About 50% of the value rooms have connecting doors.

Noise will travel under the connecting doors in a room.

Tip: If you have noisy neighbors open your connecting door and place a rolled up bath towel on the floor between then close and lock your connecting door.

Some guests have found that if they use a fan or white noise machine it helps them sleep better.

These tips should help you get a restful sleep wherever you choose to stay.

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

I wasn't talking about hearing the water fill the toilet. I was talking about hearing the toilet being USED. You could clearly hear the guy above us peeing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter