Just back from 6 days at WDW - it was not our best trip.

abner1776

DIS Veteran
Ok so for the good...hey 60, cool and wet beats 18 inches of snow and what the heck...we were at WDW !!!
MB's - overall, they worked great except for RD at DHS and I have 500 unhappy people behind me because my MD won't go GREEN ...
Also, saying at the GF at convention rates is a bargain...I can't complain.
The bad...(1) the weather, but to be honest when you go in February, you take the bad with the good and this year was bad. (2) - Substitute monorail - I know they need to take the monorail out of service for maintenance but the alternatives were terrible. I arrived at the boat dock at the GF at 5:45 pm and arrived at MK at 6:30 pm...thats right..it took 45 minutes to go across 7 seas lagoon. Next night I took the bus to go from the GF to the TTC to catch the monorail to Epcot...another 35 minute trip that I coudda walked in less than 15. If I was a guest paying $500+ bucks per night, I would have been really upset at the substitute transportation provided.
The jury is still out on FP+...my biggest problem was that every time I tried to connect to MDE on my iPhone all I got was an error message...my phone worked fine otherwise as I got my mail and sent messages but no one at the parks or resorts had a clue as to why it was not working. So I had to work with the concierge to set up and modify the FP+ and not all cast members working the concierge desk have the same level of expertise !!!
Also, you are limited in not only how many FP+ you can get but at what time you can use them which makes planning your evening a bit of a challenge.

Scorecard:
Weather = D- = but not Disneys fault.
Hotel = A = hey, we were stayin' at the GF for pete's sake.
FP+ = C = not a big fan.
MB's = A-
Monorail and monorail substitute = A, when it was running and an F, when it was down for maintenance.

Overall - the weather really put a damper(pun intended) on the trip and I know it is early in the history of FP+ and that Disney will work out the bugs with the system, but not a big fan at this point.

Sorry the weather wasn't the best! But better to be at WDW than the COLD Northeast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter