Just back from a magical gathering at BCV

chieften

Earning My Ears
Stayed in a 2 bedroom at BCV from 11/1-11/6 for a 7 person magical gathering. What a wonderful trip! We stayed in room 323, which was close to the elevator and have a lovely view of the courtyard by the car entrance. We heard Welcome Home many times and found it to be a nice touch since it was our first trip home. The room was in great shape. By the morning of 11/3, the hotel and villas were decorated in garland, wreaths and Christmas trees. A 5 minute walk to Epcot to see Illuminations is a great perk.

Ate at Beaches and Cream 3 times using the vouchers. While they could use more seating, it is a great place. Ate at Teppanyaki, outstanding. Saw La Nouba for MIL's Bday. What a show!

The kiddie section of SAB was closed off for renovation. The rest of the pool was open and warm. The lifeguards were requesting resort ID in order to get a towel and were handing out wristbands every day.

The parks had relatively short lines and if you used fastpass wisely, the day went very well. While we were gone, the 2005-2006 Planning Guide arrived in the mail. We began planning the next trip before we unpacked.

To those who have had problems at BCV, please stay home. I'll be happy to make reservations in your place. BCV rocks!pirate:

Thank you for the report! We're going next month and I've been getting nervous after reading all the negative reports. It's nice to read a positive one! :)

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time, like me i love BCV, not because we own there but simple because its close to epcot a stroll over to the boardwalk or like ddad would say a boat ride.

the sab pool of course and the great resaurants.

its funny how some people complain but when you want to get ressies there last min. or even a few months out, its booked solid.

we have a magical gathering (14) for christmas and we are trying to deside on how many vouchers to buy, we have several ps.
tell us more about your experience with the vouchers?

thanks for your trip report.::MinnieMo

:D

Quote: "To those who have had problems at BCV, please stay home. I'll be happy to make reservations in your place. BCV rocks!"

I agree chieften, BCV has always rocked for us too!;)

Glad you had a great trip and that you loved BCV.

Can't wait for our trip in March in a 2br there. Would gladly keep booking the BCV rooms and leave others for anyone who doesn't like it there.

Hey, I was right down the hall from you in 309 that week:wave2:

This was our first stay at BCV and in a 1 bedroom and absolutely loved the place. (the bathroom needed to be mopped - but it only took me about 3min. to clean it to where I was comfortable) Otherwise the place was incredible!

Just curious..... We were in the first room on the left in the corner overlooking the courtyard after the castmember room and both my dd and myself heard a cat meowing/growling. Did you hear it also? It was Wed. night. I think around 10pm

Glad you had a great trip! We can't wait to go back in April!!!

Thanks for the trip report. Glad you all had so much fun! We ate twice at Beaches & Cream with vouchers in mid October and we were staying at OKW. It was certainly worth it:teeth:

Lisa:sunny:

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the postive BCV report!!

Allison

Originally posted by chieften
To those who have had problems at BCV, please stay home. I'll be happy to make reservations in your place. BCV rocks!pirate:

I have no doubt that the vast majority of people who stay at ANY DVC resort have wonderful experiences. But is it really necessary to berate those who are trying to be helpful in posting their not-so-great experiences? When people complain about items that are well within the control of the resort housekeeping and/or management staff, I hope everyone realizes that the luck-of-the-draw was the only thing keeping YOU from having the same experience.

If anything, you should be thankful to your fellow members who offer criticism and feedback along the proper channels. The wonderful room you stayed in may have reached that state due to the prior occupant reporting the burned out light bulbs, leaky plumbing and broken doors.

Be thankful that you didn't have to suffer through a trip with fire alarms going off in the middle of the night and no running water in your resort room. Don't use your good experience as an excuse to take a shot at someone who was legitimately disappointed with their experience. You could be next!

hey.. I was right down the hall one flight up.. we saw the alligator 3 days in a row.. they put up those christmas decor.. way too early....dave

Glad you had a good trip! We would love to buy more BCV points one day but they are few and far between.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!