Just back from "Adult Only" Spain Adventure....

SingingMom

DIS Veteran
Wow! What an experience! My feet still hurt and I'm buried under mountains of laundry, but it was SO WORTH IT!!! I'll try to add a summary soon, but in the meantime, if anyone has any questions about this itinerary, please ask away!!! Now.... time for my siesta.......:cutie:

Welcome home!! Looking forward to hearing about your trip!

Sayhello

I posted this in the OYO Sticky - but wanted to repost here. We really enjoyed this trip - here are a few recommendations from our post days in Madrid with our DD's friend as our tour guide! He took us to many extra spots, but wanted to mention these two restaurants and a museum, in case you have OYO time in Madrid.

1. La Gamella - Calle de Alfonso XII, 4 On Monday-Saturday, they have a lunch special from 1:30-4 - three courses for 22 euros. Food was excellent, atmosphere was very pretty. We had 2:30 reservations - and enough food to last the day. I'd definitely return.

2. Sidras Casa Mingo - Paseo Florida 24 This was more casual, move tables and chairs together. Very local feel. Supposedly the best roast chicken in town. ;-)

3. Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza - Paseo del Prado, 8 This smaller art museum is free on Mondays from 12-4. Loved it.

**Also - when you have OYO time on the regular tour in Ronda, we adored our lunch on the terrace of Hotel Montelirio! It was recommended by Natalia & Francesc. Definitely worth passing up shopping time. Was probably our BEST meal in Spain. Just gorgeous views. LOVED it!

I posted this in the OYO Sticky - but wanted to repost here. We really enjoyed this trip - here are a few recommendations from our post days in Madrid with our DD's friend as our tour guide! He took us to many extra spots, but wanted to mention these two restaurants and a museum, in case you have OYO time in Madrid.

1. La Gamella - Calle de Alfonso XII, 4 On Monday-Saturday, they have a lunch special from 1:30-4 - three courses for 22 euros. Food was excellent, atmosphere was very pretty. We had 2:30 reservations - and enough food to last the day. I'd definitely return.

2. Sidras Casa Mingo - Paseo Florida 24 This was more casual, move tables and chairs together. Very local feel. Supposedly the best roast chicken in town. ;-)

3. Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza - Paseo del Prado, 8 This smaller art museum is free on Mondays from 12-4. Loved it.

**Also - when you have OYO time on the regular tour in Ronda, we adored our lunch on the terrace of Hotel Montelirio! It was recommended by Natalia & Francesc. Definitely worth passing up shopping time. Was probably our BEST meal in Spain. Just gorgeous views. LOVED it!
Did you like Paella???

Did you like Paella???

It was good, but I enjoyed some of the other dishes we had during the trip better. We had a marvelous time learning how to make it at the restaurant - and the abundance of passed tapas & sangria as we cooked was fabulous!! DD liked the chicken but would NOT try to the rabbit. lol (she said, "I don't eat Thumper!") The seafood was great. I didn't try the vegetable one.

It was good, but I enjoyed some of the other dishes we had during the trip better. We had a marvelous time learning how to make it at the restaurant - and the abundance of passed tapas & sangria as we cooked was fabulous!! DD liked the chicken but would NOT try to the rabbit. lol (she said, "I don't eat Thumper!") The seafood was great. I didn't try the vegetable one.

So glad to hear you had such a wonderful trip to Spain SingingMom. We LOVE Spain the number of times we have visited and sounds like Spain has stolen your heart also. Loved the food and tapas also and we find the food so fresh and delicious without those heavy sauces like France. Your daughter should have tried the rabbit. It is delicious and when we were in Italy I ordered the rabbit and when we were eating my daughter (10 at the time) tried some and stole my plate after her first taste. She still orders the rabbit when in Europe and when available here. I am nailed to your post(s) to hear all about it. Thanks for posting.

So glad to hear you had such a wonderful trip to Spain SingingMom. We LOVE Spain the number of times we have visited and sounds like Spain has stolen your heart also. Loved the food and tapas also and we find the food so fresh and delicious without those heavy sauces like France. Your daughter should have tried the rabbit. It is delicious and when we were in Italy I ordered the rabbit and when we were eating my daughter (10 at the time) tried some and stole my plate after her first taste. She still orders the rabbit when in Europe and when available here. I am nailed to your post(s) to hear all about it. Thanks for posting.

DD is almost 24 - but just could not get past the "rabbit" aspect. lol DH & I tried it, and thought it was very tasty. Best dish was the lamb I had in Ronda. Also enjoyed the places DD's friend took us - a native of Madrid, so we got to go where the locals do! Spain certainly did "steal our hearts"! (I also have never drank so much wine in my life! haha)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!