Just back from aulani

MMcCarthy

DIS Veteran
Paradise is the only word needed to describe the resort. Arrived Tuesday the 16th and left Monday the 22nd. We had a ocean, island, pool view room, Ewa 1050. I requested ocean view but we got it all. The cast members were so excellent. We walked passed the JW Marriott and swam with sea turtles and saw a pregnant monk seal sun bathing. We were humbled by Pearl Harbor..I thought I knew what it was going to be like, I was wrong. We went whale watching with Hawaiian nautical and saw a momma and calf that swam near us for over 30 minutes. We went to the north shore and visited turtle beach (missed it 3 times but found it on the fourth trip by), Polynesians cultural center and waimea falls. We had Hawaiian music to fall asleep to each night and saw stars like I had never seen. We will definitely be going back

Thanks for the report back!! :thumbsup2

We are wanting to get back there this December if availability cooperates!....:beach:

Sounds like a wonderful trip! Do they do a star-gazing program, by any chance, at the resort? DH and I enjoy night sky viewing and astronomy, so I will be looking for options...either at the resort or with local astronomy clubs, to see if there are any special events. Mahalo! :)

They have a star gazing lead by a local astronomer. I wanted to try it but we had a lot of trouble adjusting to the time change and didn't see a lot of the 7 pm to 10 pm stuff. I think it was $30 per person on Wednesdays and maybe sundays

Sounds like a wonderful trip! Do they do a star-gazing program, by any chance, at the resort? DH and I enjoy night sky viewing and astronomy, so I will be looking for options...either at the resort or with local astronomy clubs, to see if there are any special events. Mahalo! :)

I did the stargazing with the astronomer when I was there in December. It was an extra charge but very much worth it! The astronomer had a great telescope and I saw all kinds of things I'd never seen before- even another galaxy! He also talked a bit about how the Polynesians used them for navigation.

Sorry to hijack, OP, but I had to chime in!

I did the stargazing with the astronomer when I was there in December. It was an extra charge but very much worth it! The astronomer had a great telescope and I saw all kinds of things I'd never seen before- even another galaxy! He also talked a bit about how the Polynesians used them for navigation.

Sorry to hijack, OP, but I had to chime in!

Do you mind if I ask where you signed up for the program? Thanks!

:thumbsup2::yes:::smokin::sick::thumbsup2::yes:: :smokin::sick::thumbsup2::yes:::smokin::sick: :thumbsup2::yes:::smokin::sick::thumbsup2::yes:: :smokin::sick:
These are my green choices.... I'm green with envy!!

I did the stargazing with the astronomer when I was there in December. It was an extra charge but very much worth it! The astronomer had a great telescope and I saw all kinds of things I'd never seen before- even another galaxy! He also talked a bit about how the Polynesians used them for navigation. Sorry to hijack, OP, but I had to chime in!
I'd love to know who your guide was too/how you found this program... through Aulani?

Yes, it was in the Daily Iwa, which is like the Navigator on DCL. I called the reservation extension in the morning and booked it. It's a "premium experience" which is an extra fee, although many of the activities at Aulani are included for guests. I attended the adults-only stargazing. In December it was offered on Wednesdays and Sundays.

We loved, loved, loved Aulani and are planning to return in June 2015 for my DD's graduation trip! We actually loved it as much as we love DCL! It is now our favorite DVC resort.

Thanks for the details to attend the "premium experience". We will look for this information once we are at the resort. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter