Just back from BWV...first time on points

David&Danielle

Earning My Ears
DW and I just got back from a wonderful 4 night trip to celebrate our 10th;)
And...we got to leave the kids at home!!

It was our first time on points since becoming DVC members in February. We owe a lot of thanks to the posters on this board for all their help over the last months.

I'll probably get moved to trip reports but I hope not. If you have any ?'s please ask.

Our home is OKW but we got BWV since it was just the two of us and we wanted to be a little closer to the center of things.

Upon check-in we were greeted by CM Chuck who was fantastic. It is the first time I ever called a manager to compliment a front desk person anywhere. The manager was very grateful and said the CM's get their names put into a hat for every good comment and then get something special each month if their name is drawn.
I noticed that Chuck was much more interested in talking to my wife so I didn't interrupt and just stood there and listened. He talked to us, o.k. mostly her, for 25 minutes. Most of his info I already had as a result of these boards but I let him ramble as I knew the power he possessed inside that computer screen. By the time it was over we had room 5060 on the 5th floor looking out directly over the pool, and within half an hour of our arriving in our room we had a bottle of champagne and a Mickey chocolate dessert for our 10th anniversary..(or so the card said):) . I decided at this point that if Mickey himself showed up at the door not only was I not going to leave but I was going to make sure it wasn't Chuck inside the costume..lol.

We couldn't have asked for a better start to our trip.

We had decided that we were not interested in doing the parks as our enjoyment comes from watching our kids experiences there. Plus we like coasters. So we took the opportunity to do the "adult" things that Disney has to offer and that we have been reading about for so long here and we went to IOA one day and did the VIP. I even cancelled our PS at Rose at 8:50 and did Wolfgang's and DD instead.

We did V and A. Best meal we've had anywhere in any city, and the personalized menu's got Danielle more than a little mistyeyed....parasailed(fun if you've never done it but expensive)....Got the best table in the CG for viewing fireworks(just lucky i guess)...Drank too much at CityWalk to enjoy any food but had a great time:).....tried to hang out at quiet pool ( don't believe them)...Got DW a 2 hour massage at DI which was a ghost town.

Probably some more things but I'm too tired to think right now. Any questions please ask.

Thanks Again!!

Glad you had such a great trip!! It must have been very magical!;)

Denise

Sounds like a perfect, magical anniversary trip to me! Glad you had such a fantastic time!

What a great trip! Isn't it amazing how much there is to do beyond the parks. Glad to hear you enjoyed V&A...I think it's very special and perfect for an anniversary celebration.

Isn't it great to have such a great time and no hotel bill at the end? We had our first stay on points in late June. We did the quiet pool one afternoon too....saw some older folks yelling at younger folks (late teens, maybe early 20s) telling them it was the quiet pool and to settle down!!! It was wild.
Happy Anniversary!
Robin M.

Hi David & Danielle: I have a question about bwv rooms. You posted your room was on the 5th floor. Did you notice if the there were ground floor rooms? If so, were their private patios?

thanks for your reply

There are ground floor rooms around the pools and in the front of the resort (standard view). They have patios. Boardwalk view does not have ground floor, the stores and restaurants are there.

Sounds like an excellent time was had by you two. A quick question if you don't mind. I will be in the same situation Oct 7 -14, 2001 (VWL) - how in the world did you get the champagne and chocolates (want to do the same for my Deb). Pretty much will be doing the same schedule as you two. Thanks in advance for any help on the champagne and chocolotes.

dmer,

I don't know what standard practice is but when I made any reservation anywhere whether it was for the hotel or dinner I told them it was our 10th anniversary. I didn't expect anything but I read on these boards that it doesn't hurt to let them know. And it certainly worked for us. If you want to make sure you get it I would suggest ordering it from room service.
V&A asked if we were having a special celebration when I made our ressie. I had no idea that they were going to personalize the menus. Calif Grille didn't do anything special but they must have made note of it because they all wished us a happy.

:pinkbounc :pinkbounc Only 7 months till family trip:pinkbounc

Too Cool !!

Thanks for the advice. See how much fun you'll be having on your 21st anniversary :bounce:

Cheers
Denis

David & Danielle
Hi this is CM Chuck your new friend at the Boardwalk who's pleasure it was to make your stay a memorable one filled with lasting "magical memories" that will keep you coming back for more...

I thank you for the great praise you gave my manager about the service you were provided upon check-in. The management team was thankful that you took the time out to acknowledge the positive aspects of your stay.

Looking forward to seeing you in the future!
Chuck

Glad you had so much fun. It's great to have a stay at WDW without going to the parks and soaking up in the wonderful atmosphere. Your about CM Chuck cracked me up. Last time we did V&A and it was amazing. Worth tryng at least once (we had to do it becasue it was our last trip as a couple with no kids). We were also lucky to get a window table at CG. Two of the most romantic things you can do with your loved one. Our next trip will be totally different as we will be taking our new born daughter with us.

Hey CM Chuck. Great to see you are posting in these boards. Hope we meet you when we go to the Boardwalk for Christmas/New Year. Any suggestions for activities during that time of the year?

Hey CM Chuck,
Welcome to the Dis. boards! We will be coming to BWV in November. Just want to prepare you, we will be arriving on November 11th. We are DVC members who are bringing familiy and friends ( many first timers). We currently have 11 rooms ( including a GV for our gang!)
We love the BW and have always found the staff there to be fantastic. Hope you'll be there when we check in. We are supposed to meet Joe C ( don't want to say any last names) He has been in touch with us, and has been extremely helpful getting all our plans finalized.

Pete

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter